Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Plea to restore sanity on the boards

[11...]

[11...]

Buddies,

There's been a few "fights", or negative threads, on the board, that have come to my attention lately; I've even been involved in a couple. These seem, in my judgement, to often have social patterns, where some  of the involved party's seem to be playing teams, so to speak - defending someone or bashing someone for the reason that they don't like a certain person (due seemingly To a prior, unrelated spat. It's not hard to eventually see patterns, and this is what I interpret as happening. Not every body, but some.

In any case , I wish we could all (myself too) choose to heal ourselves and eachother, and in that vein, drop all of our previous judgements about other members. Just drop them, right now, and move on. It isn't doing you any good to hold resentments, so do it for even just that. Honestly, there's a few (not many) people on here that I don't like. We don't get along. Whatever. It's all petty. I don't wish any actual harm on these folks; i aunderstand that many of the problems are really just misunderstandings, and nothing against a person. I know that because I myself am frequently on the "misunderstood" list and have been branded with false intentions in a few occasions. I don't expect that I'm the only one this happens to, so maybe I'm misunderstanding people too.

That's the reason I encourage everyone to just drop their prejudices on anyone, and start fresh.

Don't assign meaning to someone through your own bias, with care is easy to look at statements fir what they are, detached from their author. If something still rubs you the wrong way, then still ask yourself, before harboring negative judgements or speaking out inflammatory accusations, "what if I'm interpreting this person from a totally different viewpoint, and totally wrong about what I'm thinking it saying about them?"

So, in short, let's ' accentuate the positive"  on all our fellow buddies.

-tor

I am here now tor, nice encouraging thread i must say , :thumbsup:

just one comment i like to make and i hope you understand, when a group

of people suffer in a similar way, its only natural that they will have the same opinion

and support each other or defend , doesn't mean they are a clique.

even though it might seem to you.

last time i belonged to a 'clique' was during my crazy teen years,

that was a long time ago.

peace and thanks for the post. :thumbsup::)

When you get a group of people who are highly sensitive and suffering badly there is apt to be some conflict and personality clashing, I suppose.

Hi Tor

Good post. It seems such a waste of energy arguing when we need all our energy to cope with withdrawal symptoms.

Of course, misunderstandings will continue but usually they are easily resolved.

Here's to mutual understanding.  :smitten:

LF

[11...]

And yet, 90 minutes before she posted this phony little "plea to restore sanity on the boards" urging us all to just get along

torbjorn posted this public attack on the moderators!

This is not a good post. This is just more tiresome torbjorn stirring up trouble.

If you don't want to take part in positive intentions suggested on this thread, and instead turn it negative, I can't stop you. Just watch who you accuse of being judgemental and a trouble-maker in the future, if this is the case.

And yet, 90 minutes before she posted this phony little "plea to restore sanity on the boards" urging us all to just get along

torbjorn posted this public attack on the moderators!

This is not a good post. This is just more tiresome torbjorn stirring up trouble.

There can be no doubt that there are one or two mods who do need to "pull their heads in" sometimes, as we would say in Australia. There are also quite a few regular members who need to do it too. However, making a post like this just seems that you are also trying to 'stir up trouble'.

There is one specific "mod" that I tend to ignore these days because on 2 occasions they tried to goad me into responding to their sarcastic and nitpicking aggressiveness. Maybe that person gets off on that kind of behaviour, but I don’t and it's also just plain boring. I prefer to use my intelligence for better things, like trying to help other people.

Frankly I'm getting pretty tired of all the backwards and forwards barking people are doing on BB lately - members and moderators alike - and now it's extended to this thread, which is supposed to be about "Accentuating the Positive".

We all should be held to a higher standard as far as I'm concerned, not just the mods. Too often the old “benzo” excuse is used, but most of the time it basically just comes down to a lack of common courtesy to other members, and there is no excuse for that.

[11...]

How are you feeling these days, diaz-pam? I know you jumped recently. Still hanging in there, no doubt?

Still celebrating your success :yippee:

-tor

Yes thanks Tor. I'm doing pretty well. Sleep can still be an issue, but I know it will get better. I just have to have a bit more of that old, often used, but horrible word - patience...... lol...

Hope you are doing well too. :)

[11...]

Yes thanks Tor. I'm doing pretty well. Sleep can still be an issue, but I know it will get better. I just have to have a bit more of that old, often used, but horrible word - patience...... lol...

Hope you are doing well too. :)

I'm glad to hear it  :) insomnia is rough, but it will pass.

I'm actually doing pretty well too. I've actuality been pretty wiped out today, but it's becoming more of the exception and not the rule. Recently I've seen improvement. Still on schedule for jumping around the new year.

-tor

There is one specific "mod" that I tend to ignore these days because on 2 occasions they tried to goad me into responding to their sarcastic and nitpicking aggressiveness. Maybe that person gets off on that kind of behaviour, but I don’t and it's also just plain boring. I prefer to use my intelligence for better things, like trying to help other people.

Oh, the irony (and hypocrisy).

::)

[11...]

Can we all please be nice here, and give others The benefit of the doubt, etc, please? I understand people have past issues. Just take it somewhere else if you must, or pm. I'd like  if here, even if it's ONLY here at this thread for now, if we'd put it all aside and learn to communicate with eachother, maybe humor the other and see if there's not common ground of some sort. That's for everyone on this thread, current and future. There are unlikely any reasons why any of us should wish I'll on eachother, hang onto resentments, etc.

Really? What, am I high on marijuana thinking this can be successful?  ;)

Oh, the irony (and hypocrisy).

::)

Pack it in mate,  >:( and leave Pam alone, more respect please.

acting like a two faced sod on here won't get you anywhere.

we want our peace, if you need a fight go to a PUB . >:(

Pack it in mate,  >:( and leave Pam alone, more respect please.

acting like a two faced sod on here won't get you anywhere.

we want our peace, if you need a fight go to a PUB . >:(

Yep... attack the attacked is always the righteous thing.  ::)

nb Sorry, tor.. couldn't help that one.

[11...]

I'll kick this off by saying something good about each person, in order, who has replied to the thread - regardless of past interaction or any.bias, good or bad.

Morreweg: is always around greeting poeple, and providing information she has. Presumably has been a supportive buddy to those who know her.

Getting there: I'm.sorry, I don't remember reading your posts before, so I have nothing to say right now, but you seem fine.

Looking forward: always trying to keep the peace, gentle natured and supportive of those in need

Redevan: has a strong sense of "can-Do" mentality, isn't a coward at all about leaving benzos, and cares about justice and fairness.

Diaz-Pam: is awesome, has gone through the benzo fire, and came out of it, its now clean, and still here with us who remain in limbo.

Benzoid: is passionate about what he believes, and won't let something stand if he sees it as not honorable. He also has a sense of humor at times that is refreshing here.

Did I miss anyone? If so, I'm sorry. Doing the best I can tonight wirth memory.

The reason we come here is because we are all in a weakened state. Some more than others, but nonetheless similar. We all say things at times that offend people. It's impossible to say the right thing to people all the time, and there are many variables involved in the mix. For the most part, I believe that just about everyone here has more good intentions than not. So, I send a big pat on the back out to anyone, which is most everyone on this forum, including Benzoid :), who have contributed positive energy and devoted some of their kindheartedness to help others at one time or another.

Thank you to all who have reached out to others while going through such a rough time, which is pretty much everybody here. :thumbsup:

Snoball

I have moved several posts from this thread to the following thread:  Benzoid

Let's please keep all discussion of this situation on the thread linked above.

Thank you.

Juliea

Amen to that, but I understand other posters thoughts as well. But what really gets my goat is when somebody posts something like this: "I am on 2 mg of Xanax. Can I take 6 mg instead?" Then for fear of being mean, I shut my computer off and watch TV for an hour or go for a walk before I return to that post. It chills me out. Bets

I suppose I'm just lucky in that I've yet to experience or come across any sort of meanness on these boards.

I've only posted on a few different forums in my life, but this is still by far the most supportive and kind one I've ever been a part of.

• 2 weeks later...
I know i misbehave here sometimes its difficult for me to see my wrongdoings i was this way even before my benzo days . i still see myself as a good hearted person who tries  to help others here with advice or just conversation here

I know i misbehave here sometimes its difficult for me to see my wrongdoings i was this way even before my benzo days . i still see myself as a good hearted person who tries  to help others here with advice or just conversation here

Ahh, Don't we all. ;D You are a great person BA. Its hard to walk a fine line being human...let alone in benzo wd. :)

God Bless :smitten:

Ahh, Don't we all. ;D You are a great person BA. Its hard to walk a fine line being human...let alone in benzo wd. :)

God Bless :smitten:

aww hii joey !

its good to see you on i think your a wonderfull person too  :smitten::hug: