Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ear piercing

[th...]

Well, it's over 40 years since I had my ears pierced the first time, and about 35 years since the second piercings, but I don't recall that it was completely painless. It was painless when it was done, but it does hurt during the initial healing process. I remember it was hard to sleep for the first couple of nights because my ear lobes hurt. You are essentially cutting out a small piece of flesh, so there will be a certain amount of pain.

If you are thinking of having it done you do need to factor in that you will need to be prepared to keep the wound totally clean until it heals, and that can take a couple of weeks, with twice daily cleaning. The rings/studs shouldn’t be removed until it is completely healed, but you do need to keep the rings/studs moving, but only when you are cleaning them. Don’t be tempted to touch or move them at other times because the wound will get quite “crusty” and you could cause further damage to the wound, to say nothing of getting the wound contaminated.

I have no idea how piecing is done these days, but the body doesn’t react any differently to a flesh wound, so I doubt the pain/cleaning process would/should be much different.

even though this is in the off topic, what does this question have to do with benzos?

Its off topic, thats what it is, thats what this board is for, stuff not to do with benzos.

Tattoos hurt a lot more than ear piercings.  In fact, they numb your ear lobe with a spray or gel.  No such luck with most tats, plus an ear piercing is done in less than half a second.

;)

Unlike the states, in the UK we treat benzos like nuclear waste... but we can buy numbing agent from a pharmacy with no questions.

Go figure!

I got my ears pierced at Walmart when I was 18, it didn't hurt at all, they have a gun type device that simply puts a hole through your ear and takes only a few seconds.

It's been over 5 years since I really wore earrings, I found one of my diamond studs the other day and tried to put it in, and amazingly both of my ears are still pierced, despite not wearing an earring for so long.

even though this is in the off topic, what does this question have to do with benzos?

Its off topic, thats what it is, thats what this board is for, stuff not to do with benzos.

oh, i don't get down to this area too much of the time. okay and duh :idiot: so now i know.

[d2...]

It depends on exactly where, but in general:  Not nearly as bad as a belly ring, but more painful than an eyebrow piercing.  :)

The worst ear piercing I've had is through the conch.  Out of the more "standard" varieties, I'd say that lobes & the fleshier bottoms hurt worse than piercing the outer carilage areas.  I also had better healing rates in outer cartilage areas.

No. Just stings for a mili-second and then you're fine. I just had mine done two months ago. Piece of cake.

Yeah, everyone has it down to a science now. Unless you're getting huge gauges, ear piercing doesn't hurt one bit in my opinion.

I've never gotten any part of my ear other than the standard lobe pierced though, so I can't comment on how other areas feel when you're getting them pierced.