Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Move to Europe?

[re...]

I live in Ireland and part-time in Germany and have spent years in France, Holland and Luxembourg. My husband still works throughout Europe so I travel with him at times but I prefer to stay in Ireland and especially now that I am going off meds. In fact my doctor in Germany said I must come back to go through therapy in my mother tongue (English) and I have just started that too....

I am happy to be back home in my own country and in my 50's, I want to retire here. I love languages, speak a few fluently but there is no place like home. I have done my travelling, loved it, raised my children abroad too and one is in Madrid, one in Dublin, one in Holland - it is all good. I am just back from Australia, had a great time there, loved Queensland and the Gold Coast and have traveled to so many countries, love different cultures but settling back in Ireland now and I am enjoying it. It is small here, an island with lots of little islands to visit too where we speak Gaelic. If I get too stressed, I can go to the Gaelteach to escape Dublin or get lost in the city in Germany (Trier).

Happy travelling for those who are moving around. :thumbsup:

I live in Ireland and part-time in Germany and have spent years in France, Holland and Luxembourg. My husband still works throughout Europe so I travel with him at times but I prefer to stay in Ireland and especially now that I am going off meds. In fact my doctor in Germany said I must come back to go through therapy in my mother tongue (English) and I have just started that too....

I am happy to be back home in my own country and in my 50's, I want to retire here. I love languages, speak a few fluently but there is no place like home. I have done my travelling, loved it, raised my children abroad too and one is in Madrid, one in Dublin, one in Holland - it is all good. I am just back from Australia, had a great time there, loved Queensland and the Gold Coast and have traveled to so many countries, love different cultures but settling back in Ireland now and I am enjoying it. It is small here, an island with lots of little islands to visit too where we speak Gaelic. If I get too stressed, I can go to the Gaelteach to escape Dublin or get lost in the city in Germany (Trier).

Happy travelling for those who are moving around. :thumbsup:

Live WebCam at the Temple Bar

Redevan,

Lovely video!! Did you get to take the train along the coast? I live in a small seaside town south of Dublin - see the beach from my bedroom window here and love the village life and only want peace and beauty of nature at this age :thumbsup: Dublin city centre and temple bar is a bit too busy for me but I like to shop every so often  :)

That's actually a live webcam view of the Temple Bar. Whenever you're wondering what's going on there, you can look in and see. But it's usually the same thing - people walking around.

I drove south from Dublin when I was there, through Bray and that area. Very nice.

• 3 months later...

our home church in geneva was Emmanuel's church, there was 80% of people from the USA.....i spoke to many of them and almost all of them absolutely loved Geneva, Switzerland.....

if you ever visited Lugano, Ticino, you won't ever forget this Beauty.... :'( :'( :'(