Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What do you drive?

[Wo...]

i can't relate though...because in all the years i've been driving, i've never had a vehicle not start on me..you know why?? because i'm special...  :P :P :laugh: :laugh:

Okay Special Ed....lol  :laugh: Send some of that Specialness my way.  I need my truck to work!  I'm stranded here in this nursing facility "I call my home" with my two patient's "I call my parent's". Nurse Ratchet needs to get out of here for a while >:D

Fluter :thumbsup:

Edit: fixed quote box.

~Colin.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [be...]

• [Fl...]

• [Wo...]

FB,....to fix the ac all you need to do is swap out the 'schrader-apex-1210-v-series-johnson-diverter' valve with a 'bocktron 10-SDR(not SDRR) universal 'dynaflow'' yt valve...but be sure to hook it up in a north to north, south to south position and not in a north to north, east to west position. my mailman's friend's butcher had a nephew who was once married to a woman who knew a guy who met someone on a bus that once worked in yugo parts who told me about this little ac trick..

FB,....to fix the ac all you need to do is swap out the 'schrader-apex-1210-v-series-johnson-diverter' valve with a 'bocktron 10-SDR(not SDRR) universal 'dynaflow'' yt valve...but be sure to hook it up in a north to north, south to south position and not in a north to north, east to west position. my mailman's friend's butcher had a nephew who was once married to a woman who knew a guy who met someone on a bus that once worked in yugo parts who told me about this little ac trick..

WTH?  Are you talkin ta me...huh....I said, are ya talkin ta me. And, when I say that are ya talkin in foreign vehicle language?  Why don't you hop a freight and get yer self here and fix it for me...seeing as how your special and all.  GETTER DONE :laugh:

It will be parked in my drive way!

Fluter :smitten: 

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a 94 Ranger and a 98 Chevy Malibu. I love the truck dearly. Big v6, tow package, just redid my headliner, installed some good speakers and a nice CD deck and im always working on the cars I own. Its kept me going though my WD, kept my mind off things.. im about to tear into the malibu tomorrow and do the lower intake manifold gaskets. Did the water pump, motor mount, and serpentine belt today.

A 2002, white, and really beat up Hyundai Elantra. The previous owner was a kid, and trashed it, put in a boombox thingie. But it was fairly cheap and once I spent a ton of money to fix it, very reliable. My own preference would be a Toyota or maybe Honda. I've owned 6 Toyotas....a small truck, A RAV4, a Celica, a Corolla and each one was terrific. The two worst cars I have owned were a Volkswagen Golf and a Pontiac Fiero.

east

heya EC,......well we finally said 'goodbye' to our 98 Elantra last week. she was admirably still running when we donated it. indestructible vehicle. picked up our 2014 Rav4 yesterday. i thought i was doing so good with zero anxiety in my withdrawal. then i walked into dealer. BB members: AVOID BUYING A NEW CAR AT ALL COSTS DURING WITHDRAWAL IF POSSIBLE.....the experience will take days to recover from... :o

I did the exact thing. I stupidly bought a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T. I was not right in the head when I bought it. Can't even say why I did. I got rid of a perfectly good car to get that challenger which 6 weeks after I bought it I started thinking about, I got really pissed off over it and ended up selling the challenger the next day. I was and still am pretty livid that I did that.. all that money I pissed away...

Just another reason for me to stay off these damn pills  :tickedoff:

BTW I would LOVE to have a Fiero lol

I currently have a 94 Ranger and a 98 Chevy Malibu. I love the truck dearly. Big v6, tow package, just redid my headliner, installed some good speakers and a nice CD deck and im always working on the cars I own. Its kept me going though my WD, kept my mind off things.. im about to tear into the malibu tomorrow and do the lower intake manifold gaskets. Did the water pump, motor mount, and serpentine belt today.

A 2002, white, and really beat up Hyundai Elantra. The previous owner was a kid, and trashed it, put in a boombox thingie. But it was fairly cheap and once I spent a ton of money to fix it, very reliable. My own preference would be a Toyota or maybe Honda. I've owned 6 Toyotas....a small truck, A RAV4, a Celica, a Corolla and each one was terrific. The two worst cars I have owned were a Volkswagen Golf and a Pontiac Fiero.

east

heya EC,......well we finally said 'goodbye' to our 98 Elantra last week. she was admirably still running when we donated it. indestructible vehicle. picked up our 2014 Rav4 yesterday. i thought i was doing so good with zero anxiety in my withdrawal. then i walked into dealer. BB members: AVOID BUYING A NEW CAR AT ALL COSTS DURING WITHDRAWAL IF POSSIBLE.....the experience will take days to recover from... :o

I did the exact thing. I stupidly bought a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T. I was not right in the head when I bought it. Can't even say why I did. I got rid of a perfectly good car to get that challenger which 6 weeks after I bought it I started thinking about, I got really pissed off over it and ended up selling the challenger the next day. I was and still am pretty livid that I did that.. all that money I pissed away...

Just another reason for me to stay off these damn pills  :tickedoff:

BTW I would LOVE to have a Fiero lol

I've got a 2004 Ranger ext cab 4x4.  Great truck.  I'm still pissed at Ford for cancelling it.  I'll have to find a nice 2010 soon.

For the sunny Sunday drives I got myself one of these...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads14/DCP_06261239246560.jpg

A 1973 Porsche 914 2 litre. It is hands down the best car I have ever driven.

Hi Mr Jimbo ,

thats wonderfull that you really take good of your ranger and car to have lasted so many years . i cant believe ford stoped making rangers :( i drive a 1995 isuzu pickup as a 2nd vehicle when i got it , it was already old it was still in great condition i wash both my mustang gt & isuzu each week by hand , that v6 in your pickup must be nice making it more fuel efficient & more power than a 4cyl

I drive a 2007 Chevy Blazer.  Bought it used in 2009, and at that time it only had just under 20,000 miles.  Got a really good deal on it.

I needed something with 4-wheel drive, as we live out in the boonies, and in a snowy state, so winter driving can be tricky.  :laugh:

• 3 years later...
Wrecked my sweet Volvo 240 wagon during some of my worst emotional times. Went a year without a car but now am happy in a 2008 Subaru Forester.