Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Have you sent me a PM?

[Be...]

Greeting folks,

If you've sent me a PM and I haven't responded to it yet, please try and understand that get a LOT of PM's and cannot get to them all and reply before another load has come through.  I have to prioritise according to what I can and cannot deal with in any given moment. 

Maybe it's not the same for you, but my PM inbox gets pretty full in 24hrs and I simply don't have enough time or energy in a day to reply to them all.  If I take a few days off from the forum, by the time I return I have such a backlog that I can barely even tolerate opening my PM's because I know it'll be a mountain of a task to reply to them all.

Some of my PM's require me to talk about personal things that I don't have the emotional capacity to deal with every day, others require my technical skills to be working when my head is swamped in cog-fog, and certain others are from a small group of people that seem to enjoy trying to anatagonise me.

If there's an important / urgent documentation-related, technical or moderation issue that you need help with, may I humbly request that you start a thread in the Tech-support or Feedback section, or use the Contact the team function, or try another team member if I haven't managed to reply to you in a timely fashion?

The truth is that although I know a lot, I don't know everything about SMF forums, nor do I know every intricate detail about how this forum operates.  I'm still going through a learning curve mysef and I have a lot to adjust to.

I'm not saying don't PM me, or that it'll annoy me if you do, I'm just saying it'd be helpful to bear in mind that I'm going through my own benzo hell and I don't have limitless energy to do everything that I'd like to do, so I may not be able to reply to everything.  To be honest, the complaints I see (either over PM's or the obvious references in certain threads) that I haven't replied to you don't really help matters.

Thanks very much for your consideration,

B :)

Addendum:

Because I'm taking some time off, my PM's are now switched off, but the forum doesn't have a generic message and it'll look like it's you personally that I've blocked.  That's not the case so please don't take it personally.

Cheers :)

Thanks ladies,

I suspect this is a midlife-crisis sort of thing.  And a partial mental-breakdown.  And my rescue doses screwing with my head.  And massive insomnia.  And the fact I've got a million things to complain about but not enough time in the day to complain about them all.

Welcome to the male menopause!

:smitten:

Hi Mr benzoid !!

i was just wondering i remember around 2 months ago you were talking about thinking of getting a tattoo did you get one after all??, i hope you've been ok i wish you well

katie

:thumbsup: It's YOU that comes first. I've never heard of anyone dying b/c they haven't received a return PM. Take care Buddy! Bets