Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Habits We Have That Annoy Our Spouses ( or others )

[be...]

LF,

I agree with everything you just posted!

You mention where do all these OCD tendencies come from...well, here's a bit of insight into my life with a career Navy man for a dad.

I find this funny and SO FLIPPIN annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!  The guy was so obsessive about saving space in the trash and possibly getting roaches that if we ate off of paper plates we had to rise them off first and than fold it into a tiny piece of paper before we could throw it away, and I wonder where I get it from  :laugh: :laugh:  It can be maddening!

Fluter :smitten:

i dont have a spouse but i used to annoy people when i used to like to eat ice :P i used to be addicted to that i would get a cup of ice let them disolve a lil so theyre not so hard it made a loud crunching noise :P

AAAaaaaa Baby, I don't think we need to have a spouse to do things that annoy someone else :)  I don't have one either, and I know for a fact that I have habits that annoy others around me, and sorry to say Baby, but eating ice is like nails on a chalk board for me  :)

Fluter :smitten:

hi fb ! good to see you on here

i hope your taper progress is going ok and your having a nice summer so far , mines been great  :hug:

i dont have a spouse but i used to annoy people when i used to like to eat ice :P i used to be addicted to that i would get a cup of ice let them disolve a lil so theyre not so hard it made a loud crunching noise :P

i used to do that too BA....then i heard it can wear away tooth enamel so i stopped....and went back to eating dog biscuits......(haha seriously..whenever i've had a dog i ate more than i gave..)

i used to do that too BA....then i heard it can wear away tooth enamel so i stopped....and went back to eating dog biscuits......(haha seriously..whenever i've had a dog i ate more than i gave..)

BJ,

When my daughter was about 1...my dad came walking through the room carrying her, and I noticed she was gnawing on something.  She was teething and it turns out my dad gave her a dog biscuit to chew on.  She was slobbering everywhere....lol. Still makes me laugh to think about it.

FB

haha FB.....they don't taste like any other food...(no matter what the flavor on the box says). but they sure do taste good once you get used to them...and filling too..

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone in my family thinks it's horrible for me to smoke ciggies. I can't do it inside. I have to go on the front porch. In the winter it is Brrrr! Gotta get rid of that nasty habit. I've tried but it was even worse than trying to stop drinking... What an addict!

Everyone in my family thinks it's horrible for me to smoke ciggies. I can't do it inside. I have to go on the front porch. In the winter it is Brrrr! Gotta get rid of that nasty habit. I've tried but it was even worse than trying to stop drinking... What an addict!

I'm with you Bets. See me huddled outside when it's -25, brr (I'm in frozen Alberta).

A lotta people say giving up smokes is a walk in the park compared to benzos but for me, no I don't think so.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Chin  :)

I'm with you Bets. See me huddled outside when it's -25, brr (I'm in frozen Alberta).

A lotta people say giving up smokes is a walk in the park compared to benzos but for me, no I don't think so.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Chin  :)

Now I understand why I am still trying to quit smoking .... :(

[07...]

Have you tried the e-cigs? My mom uses them indoors, and she can smoke inside without bothering anyone. Since its just vapor. It really helps her get through cravings (I understand what that's like, because I used to smoke too) . Plus you can use them as a quit aid if you choose to quit.