Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Habits We Have That Annoy Our Spouses ( or others )

[be...]

i think this could have the potential to be a funny and interesting thread. ( if not short-lived like my others ). anyway believe it or not, i am not perfect. one habit i have is: whenever i am finished using a utensil, be it a fork or a knife or a spoon ( or even a spatula or electric carver for that matter ), i will take that utensil and tap out the first seven notes to 'Green Acres' with it on the counter. now this might not sound too bad but i guess it is if you look at it from her standpoint. if i use 10 utensils a day times 365 times 22 years of marriage, that's roughly 78,320 times the poor woman has heard the Green Acres theme song....lmao. one of these days she's gunna take one of those utensils and......................

sooooo, anybody else do anything that's annoying???

Hi Benzo

I cannot believe that no-one has replied to your thread.  Us BBs are a saintly bunch indeed.  :laugh:

Perhaps you should have asked for annoying habits of spouses!!!  :smitten:

Of course, it may be that you are the only BB with an annoying habit.  :2funny:  I would have kicked you out long ago. Your wife must be an angel.

My annoying habits???  Let me think.  :crazy:  None as far as I know!!! I live alone.  :yippee:

No, you can't talk to my ex-husband.  >:( >:(>:(

LF

hi LF.....i'm gunna go out on a limb here and 'toot my own horn' by saying she puts up with me because i have other redeeming qualities :laugh:.........(but if i do have these redeeming qualities, why do i 'toot my own horn' as often as i do)?... :D

hi LF.....i'm gunna go out on a limb here and 'toot my own horn' by saying she puts up with me because i have other redeeming qualities :laugh:.........(but if i do have these redeeming qualities, why do i 'toot my own horn' as often as i do)?... :D

Speaking of Tooting, That could definitely be a subject that a spouse could make a big stink out of. :laugh:

Hi Benzo

Quite right too!!! Just keep on tooting!!!

If other buddies join in we could have a new musical masterpiece.

Hey, there's an idea.  A West End or Broadway BB musical.  :yippee:

With your obvious musical talent I suggest you take a lead role.  :D

This virtual world knows no bounds.  :thumbsup:

LG  :smitten:

Health anxiety. I've lost about 10 $1 billion bets to her in the last ten years where I was convinced I was dying of something.

Sorry, just posting again because I was at 666 posts and didn't like it.

is ocd on your list of maladies, pops? haha

Sno, all primates 'toot' from time to time. it's in our dna. i imagine teenage male neanderthals and cro-magnons often took to the woods for a quick 'toot' after killing a masterdon. and their female counterparts (known for their multi-tasking capabilities) would 'toot' as they prepared the dinner rock and dreamed of all that returning meat.

signed,

George of the Jungle

Speaking of Tooting, That could definitely be a subject that a spouse could make a big stink out of. :laugh:

LOL..... :o WHEW...YOU GOT THAT RIGHT SNOWBALL :)

I always cut the overhang off of the bread sack and the chip bags.  All my cabinets have to be in perfect order as well as my fridge.  Did you ever watch sleeping with the enemy? Well, all my canned goods have to have there labels facing forward and perfectly aligned.  Same with my fridge.  I have been known to go to friends/family's houses and clean and rearrange there fridge and canned good cabinets.  Yep....I will admit to it.  I'm a fanatic ::)

FB ;)

Sorry, just posting again because I was at 666 posts and didn't like it.

LOL.....good idea on this one  :laugh: I would probably have done the same thing!

FB :laugh:

LOL..... :o WHEW...YOU GOT THAT RIGHT SNOWBALL :)

I always cut the overhang off of the bread sack and the chip bags.  All my cabinets have to be in perfect order as well as my fridge.  Did you ever watch sleeping with the enemy? Well, all my canned goods have to have there labels facing forward and perfectly aligned.  Same with my fridge.  I have been known to go to friends/family's houses and clean and rearrange there fridge and canned good cabinets.  Yep....I will admit to it.  I'm a fanatic ::)

FB ;)

:laugh: FB, Our cans are facing different ways and upside down. We could use you around the house. :laugh: You could be like Alice from the Brady Bunch. >:D

[34...]

Things that annoy my spouse (that I'm aware of):  I pace like a maniac when I'm anxious, and although I don't realize it, apparently (according to him) I stomp really loudly like I'm angry and I sound like a big gorilla running around upstairs.

Here, let me ask him:

He said probably, but he can't think of anything off hand.  I guess I'm just awesome  :D

-Tor

:laugh: FB, Our cans are facing different ways and upside down. We could use you around the house. :laugh: You could be like Alice from the Brady Bunch.

Snowball, I don't know about Alice, but if I knew you well enough....I would probably feel compelled to straighten them right up for you.  My friends love it when I come over.  They actually tell me to go straighten their cabinets & fridge...lol.  It's a compulsion, and the bad thing about it...is my daughters are the same way.  My dad trained us well....Dang Navy man  :laugh:

Fluter :smitten:

Hi Tor

You must be awesome.  :) Just like all us BBs.  ;D

We should have an awesome thread so we can list all our awesome traits.

All the activity would crash the server..  >:(

LF

I pace like a maniac when I'm anxious,

Tor, I pace also.  Last August when all this started I was pacing around the back yard at 3 in the morning, and I rock in my rocking chair.  I told this to a friend of mine that used to be on BB, and he asked me if I realized rocking was a sign of retardation....it made me laugh which made me feel better.  Needless to say I may not pace as much, but I'm still getting my rock on! It calms me down.

I guess I'm just awesome  :D

I say we go with...your super AWESOME ;)

We should have an awesome thread so we can list all our awesome traits.

LF....I think that is a great idea.  We should be able to list some of our awesomeness  :laugh:  Lord knows plenty of folks are all to ready to list our flaws.  You already know I keep tidy kitchen cabinets and fridge (Awesome) ;)

What about you....list one annoying thing and one awesome thing.  It's easy to pick out our annoying habits, and I think we would have a difficult time finding our Awesome traits.

Hi Fluter

I would say my best trait is that I am a very loyal and caring friend.

My most annoying habit used to be a tendency towards perfectionism. Very unrealistic and exhausting for myself and those around me.  It was an asset in my job to a certain extent.

Now with a fuzzy brain I am lucky if I can do something at all so maybe that trait will be gone forever.

LF  :crazy:

Things that annoy my spouse (that I'm aware of):  I pace like a maniac when I'm anxious, and although I don't realize it, apparently (according to him) I stomp really loudly like I'm angry and I sound like a big gorilla running around upstairs.

Here, let me ask him:

He said probably, but he can't think of anything off hand.  I guess I'm just awesome  :D

-Tor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koko_%28gorilla%29

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: FB, Our cans are facing different ways and upside down. We could use you around the house. :laugh: You could be like Alice from the Brady Bunch.

Snowball, I don't know about Alice, but if I knew you well enough....I would probably feel compelled to straighten them right up for you.  My friends love it when I come over.  They actually tell me to go straighten their cabinets & fridge...lol.  It's a compulsion, and the bad thing about it...is my daughters are the same way.  My dad trained us well....Dang Navy man  :laugh:

Well, Flutter on over and show us how its done. :laugh:

Hi LF,

I would say my best trait is that I am a very loyal and caring friend.

I can certainly relate to this.  I have often been told that I care to a fault. I can say for certain during this WD...that has changed.  I believe for the first time in my life I am actually putting myself first....it often feels wrong; however, I'm doing it.

My most annoying habit used to be a tendency towards perfectionism. Very unrealistic and exhausting for myself and those around me.  It was an asset in my job to a certain extent.

You are right about this. It becomes exhausting. I think we need to work on finding our happy medium....what do you think?

FB :smitten:

Hi FB

Caring for ourselves is just as important. Only then do we have enough strength to care for others. It also shows a healthy regard for ourselves as well as for others.  A happy medium is a good thing to strive for. However, this can be difficult if you have OCD tendencies. I have had 60 years to learn these lessons and it has been a very long journey.  I don't know where all this perfectionism came from in the first place - insecurities I guess.

Sorry, Benzo, have gone all serious on you.  :laugh:

Benzo fog may be a good thing!!! Having to fumble through each day has taught me a valuable lesson. Have more understanding of what it must be like for people with dementia etc.I also know now that the essence of me as a person is more about who I am , not what I can do. Phew. Thank goodness fot that.  :crazy:

LF

i dont have a spouse but i used to annoy people when i used to like to eat ice :P i used to be addicted to that i would get a cup of ice let them disolve a lil so theyre not so hard it made a loud crunching noise :P