Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

60s music!

[be...]

damn Ins....YOU should have started this thread.....all this stuff is phenomenal...i'm speechless for once in my life.....

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [st...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you've heard this one, BJ.

It's just such a great version of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt03BAXIYU

"Walkin' Blues" - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

(I think this was recorded mid 60s)

oh sure, i've heard....sounds good. in all honesty though, i don't like american blues that much. other than the original black founders and an occasional american blues guitarist (johnny winter for example), i would much rather listen to british musicians playing american blues. (if that makes any sense). like i would rather listen to this for example......

the bristish sound to me is much better and 'rock'ier.

[65...]

WOW, you are right about the sound being rockier.  LOVE this band - great vocalist, BJ.

thank you.    :thumbsup:;) 

I know you've heard this one, BJ.

It's just such a great version of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt03BAXIYU

"Walkin' Blues" - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

(I think this was recorded mid 60s)

oh sure, i've heard....sounds good. in all honesty though, i don't like american blues that much. other than the original black founders and an occasional american blues guitarist (johnny winter for example), i would much rather listen to british musicians playing american blues. (if that makes any sense). like i would rather listen to this for example......

the bristish sound to me is much better and 'rock'ier.

heres a blues song from 1969 i like BB King " the thrill is gone"

enthusiastic to say the least....they had their platforms shakin'.....i remember going to the 1964 world's fair with my family. i was seven years old. we'd wandered into this one exhibit which the old man thought was a 'futuristic' restaurant. (it was actually some kind of daytime, non-alcoholic sort of discotheque). two minutes after we sat down at our table, a very nice looking, scantily clad woman hopped right up on the table and began dancing not unlike those two in the video.  :laugh: 'ma' was shell-shocked, my father and older brother were in seventh heaven and at that moment i had a spiritual awakening. i realized i was one little boy who didn't have to hate girls anymore....!  :smitten:

great tunes btw....

Hi Joey i just wanted to stop by and say hello to ya , my internet wasnt working for the last 30 hours or so after the power went out for 30 mins my internet was fixed finally awhile ago  :yippee:

[65...]

enthusiastic to say the least....they had their platforms shakin'.....i remember going to the 1964 world's fair with my family. i was seven years old. we'd wandered into this one exhibit which the old man thought was a 'futuristic' restaurant. (it was actually some kind of daytime, non-alcoholic sort of discotheque). two minutes after we sat down at our table, a very nice looking, scantily clad woman hopped right up on the table and began dancing not unlike those two in the video.  :laugh: 'ma' was shell-shocked, my father and older brother were in seventh heaven and at that moment i had a spiritual awakening. i realized i was one little boy who didn't have to hate girls anymore....!  :smitten:

great tunes btw....

What a description, BJ.  :laugh:  This is hilarious.  You must have been in awe watching her dance...and dance on the

table, no less!!!!    :laugh:  Oh, this reminds me of an old TV show. I'm going to try to find a clip and post it here...if that's ok. :) 

I think "Wild Thing" is playing toward the end of this video. 

:D

interesting vid...was that Brenda Vaccaro??  lol....and these kids today think they started 'rave' and 'drug use.'  :laugh:  and i know i sure as hell wouldn't mind if they brought back the mini skirt....

From Home

[65...]

I think "Wild Thing" is playing toward the end of this video. 

:D

interesting vid...was that Brenda Vaccaro??  lol....and these kids today think they started 'rave' and 'drug use.'  :laugh:  and i know i sure as hell wouldn't mind if they brought back the mini skirt....

From Home

I think that was Brenda Vaccaro.  Joey Heatherton is also in that video - at least, it looks like her toward the end.

Aww, kids today.  They have NO idea what they missed out on.    :) I think the mini skirt is back...keep an eye out.  ;D

great tune you posted.  Love that band, BJ. 

Here's one with a magnificent lead singer