Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

60s music!

[be...]

yo SH, i had this bootleg with the Stones on one side and the beatles on the other side called Battle. it was pressed in yellow viny. of course the Stones' tunes dominated....some eventually turned up on youtube.

this was in mono on the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfU-P4IR4L0

ah i'd love to hear that in mono. i've got this feature on my laptop that allows me to widen the soundstage for a more mono sound. doesn't get it 100% but i love to use it compared to full-on stereo. great find!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [st...]

Top Posters In This Topic

both great tunes Scott and BA....

lol@the band lol-ing to the lip sync-ing....

Reminds me of how much the Stones used to hate doing their music videos.

Hi guys, this is going to be my last post and I thought I would include it in this thread since music really is my life.

I've fallen far short of my own standards and expectations lately and made a lot of mistakes, so I don't think it's fitting for me to be posting on this site anymore overall. Nobody is perfect, but I know I've done and said things lately that are deeply regrettable and out of character due to my alcohol abuse, and unfortunately they have been online, as well as in real life. I want to apologize in particular to Katie (babyangel) for my behavior. I had the privilege of having some great uplifting conversations with you, and I'm very thankful for them. I'm sorry I let you down.

I think it's a great thing to be sharing music with each other and hope you continue to do so. There really is no other drug like it.

So, I'm sorry to insert that bit of news, but I wanted to do it somewhere. I wish everyone here the best going forward. I've been to hell and back thanks to cold turkey benzo withdrawal. I can't imagine anything worse and would never wish anyone to suffer an ounce of it. So, I hope you all take care of yourselves and continue to help support each other.

Tarin

heres another song i like i heard this song on a sound track from a tom cruise movie i got the name from seeing the soundtrack name

1967 Whiter shade of pale

i have a few songs from the 6Os on my classic rock cd i have in my car one of them i like is tommy shandels crimson and clover !

Yes yes yes! Don't forget The Beatles, American Pie (Don McClean), Bob Dylan, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Peter, Paul and Mary, The Mamas and the Papas, Green Tambourine, Abraham, Martin and John, In the Year 2525, Different Drum, Aquarius, Spirit in the Sky, Jefferson Airplane, Time of the Season, Cat Stevens, The Grateful Dead, Mr. Tambourine Man, Do You Believe in Magic, Turn Turn Turn, The Weight, San Francisco (Be sure to wear flowers in your hair), Mellow Yellow and California Dreamin' And many more I can't remember. Bets

i have a few songs from the 6Os on my classic rock cd i have in my car one of them i like is tommy shandels crimson and clover !

Yes yes yes! Don't forget The Beatles, American Pie (Don McClean), Bob Dylan, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Peter, Paul and Mary, The Mamas and the Papas, Cream, Green Tambourine, Abraham, Martin and John, In the Year 2525, Different Drum, Aquarius, Spirit in the Sky, Jefferson Airplane, Time of the Season, Cat Stevens, The Grateful Dead, Mr. Tambourine Man, Do You Believe in Magic, Turn Turn Turn, The Weight, San Francisco (Be sure to wear flowers in your hair), Mellow Yellow and California Dreamin' And many more I can't remember. Bets

Does anyone remember Moby Grape? They were my favorites in the 60s. They never got "big." Just a SF band, a hippie group.

east

Does anyone remember Moby Grape? They were my favorites in the 60s. They never got "big." Just a SF band, a hippie group.

east

i remember the name. heard of them but never listened to them. will have to check em' out. i guessing now they sound like the flying burrito brothers...

No, I don't think so. I found them soulful, a bit bluesy. I can still hear their songs in my head, they meant so much to me. Unfortunately, I only had them on tape, and those are long gone. But they live in my memory.

Because I was a hippie, I saw ALL the big groups live, in concert. Jimi, The Doors, Janis, ALL of them. I saw Jimi three times. In one show he burned the American flag, then set fire to his guitar. We all thought that was SO cool.

I saw Van Morrison live at a tiny coffeehouse in Boston in 1967. He was so drunk he fell off the stool and the show had to stop. 

I smoked a joint with the drummer of The Mothers of Invention...I didn't know who he was until I saw him on stage!

We all lived so dangerously back then. We were young and dumb. But we also had a good time. I went to Woodstock, too.....what a long hike that was.

east

east

Hey Ms Annie,

How are you?

I remember Moby Grape! Did they do I Had Too Much To Dream Last night or was that the Electric Prunes?

I think of you every time a see ants! Lol.

Hugs from Chinook  :hug:

Oh god, ANTS!!!! And its summer in Florida so theres millions of the little F____ers.

I think that was the Prunes. Moby Grape was a lot more serious. They didn't have any hit tunes, but I loved the album.

Annie