Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

60s music!

[be...]

My heartthrob from the late sixties, Cat Stevens.  He started out in the late sixties in England.  I had his "lost" tapes from then.  I looooooovvvvved him.

i have an autographed framed album of his :smitten:

i have all his albums  :smitten:

my first hubby looked like cat :smitten:

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [st...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow, Gard.  I'd give anything to have an autographed framed album of Cat Stevens.  And you had married a cool looking Cat man.  I have all his albums too, about 13 of them or so, even sent for lost tapes, etc. 

Abraham, Martin and John -  Dion

Live for Today and Midnight Confessions - The Grassroots

Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire

Go Away Little Girl - Donny Osmond,  hee hee.  I loved Donny Osmond when I was a young girl.  Had his 45's and posters all over my room. 

Holy Cow, Gard.  I'd give anything to have an autographed framed album of Cat Stevens.  And you had married a cool looking Cat man.  I have all his albums too, about 13 of them or so, even sent for lost tapes, etc.

have u heard Cats new version og Peace Train? its nice!!

i loved him when i was in high school. :smitten:

my son got me the auto graphed album, its in a frame

i also have an autographed album of Donovans.

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/album_review/e9dfbe7c44a5e1b2d6e7a7ee8488ccf96275f2e8.jpg

I used to love Cat Stevens, and bought all his albums when I was a teen  :)

My 3 favorites were Teaser and the Firecat, Tea for the Tillerman, and Catch Bull at Four.

Do you remember his "If You want to Sing out, Sing out", from the Harold & Maude soundtrack?

Great cult film!

I did see the film Harold and Maude.  Strange movie.  Cat's album Matthew and Son was a sixties album, I believe.  I was looking at my Cat collection today and I have about 13 cd's.  He did alot in the late sixties.  I don't know old he is now, maybe 70 or so? 

• 2 weeks later...

hi Mrs Jaddy , great song !!

earlier today i was drivin my truck home i was like wow i love this song !! i shouldnt be doing this i texted some key lyrics of the song to my email so i can remember it!

from 1967 some jefferson airplane !! somebody to love

I liked Jefferson airplane but I don't like you texting while driving. I know, I sound like your parent but we don't want anything happening to you.  :smitten:

Thought you might remember the Mamas And Papas.

California Dreamin      1965

This is dedicated to the one I Love.    1967

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7gKZqgHn4

Hey Stevesny my buddy...missed you. Loved the mamas and papas...

Here's a little Neil Diamond from back in 1967...I can't believe how much I liked all these songs. And I could actually understand the words  :laugh:

Cherry, Cherry

Well, I missed you too, Jaddy! :)

So in a different universe, same year, the Beatles had a song that was secretly about Neil Diamond...

Cute Stevesny, but the true story about this song may surprise you.

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is a song written primarily by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney, for the Beatles' 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Lennon's son Julian inspired the song with a nursery school drawing he called "Lucy—in the sky with diamonds".

Stand By Me.      1961

Ben E King

Beautiful, Jaddy. I love that song. The emotional depth. Here's another love song. So simple and so true. :) This one makes me smile:

This Magic Moment

As far as Lucy, I have actually heard that, and while I don't disbelieve it, I don't think it's the real story exactly. I mean, when it came out EVERYONE though of LSD. The whole album is a trippy, including the graphics. And what could these pop icons have said when asked???  "Yeah, it's about LSD all right..." :)

I guess your right about that answer  :laugh: Now today is a different story, it's a shame but it seems like anything goes.

When I hear that song "This magic Moment" always makes me think of Jay and the Americans. That was a big hit song for them. Here's another one by them. This was released in 1970, but I guess that's close enough. One of my favorites of theirs.

"Walkin in the Rain"

Hi Jaddy! the title of that song made me think of

Remember (Walking in the Sand). I seem to remember hearing it as rain not sand! I found this a kinda creepy song.

Here's Jay & The Americans version of Walkin' In The Rain. As the comments say what a voice!

AND as for Ronnie Spector, here she is in 2015!

Be My Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEUSt77AkY

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie Spector looks really good for her age.

Another hit from 1969 by the 5th Dimension

Age of Aquarius (let the sunshine in)

• 2 weeks later...
hi everyone i sent Jim (the author of this thread ) an email a few minutes ago its been a long time since i last wrote to him he was nice when he was here he brought alot of life of the offtopic threads on here i miss him :(  :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, The Monster Mash! haha

I was actually just thinking about this thread yesterday.

Hi Jaddy! Baby Angel!  Benzo Girl! :)

This is from 5 years later

Up Up and Away The Fifth Dimension