Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

60s music!

[be...]

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

• [ba...]

• [st...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few songs from the 6Os on my classic rock cd i have in my car one of them i like is tommy shandels crimson and clover !

i have a few songs from the 6Os on my classic rock cd i have in my car one of them i like is tommy shandels crimson and clover !

tommy james and the shondells, yeah that was a big hit for them.

I'll have to start with THE song that inspired me to start playing guitar 14 years ago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC8M-0n8ozo

nice hendrix song !

this song is from the late 60s i called the classic rock station before requesting this song !

i liked this song ever since i heard it on a sound track of movie (the departed)

I'll have to start with THE song that inspired me to start playing guitar 14 years ago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC8M-0n8ozo

nice hendrix song !

this song is from the late 60s i called the classic rock station before requesting this song !

i liked this song ever since i heard it on a sound track of movie (the departed)

:smitten:

this is going to be a hell of a thread.

hi Benzojunkie those last 2 songs were nice ! , i hope your having a good day so far , mines been okay i feel ok for not having taken any xanax in 3 days !! i still want to wait another 4 days at least if i make it to celebrate !! i went ahead and bought a measurement tube in case if im not successfull so i can use that to watertaper with

wow that's awesome babyangel...3 days without taking a short-half-life benzo like xanax tells me that i think you've got it beat. (as long as you are feeling o.k.) you should be very proud of yourself. a lot of people just abandon their taper altogether and go back on their pills. you are very strong. you will make it... :thumbsup: all i can do is play you a song but you have to go to 70's to hear it , lol.

nice song you shared with us !, i had a small radio on tuned to a classic rock station , this 6Os song came on when i exercised my 3O minutes on treadmll 
  :yippee:  i feel GREAT after that exercise  my last dose was over 3 days ago im taking a break im gonna go vacuum my mustang soon since mom washed dishes while i was exerciseing i was planning on washing them

hiya Katie, welcome back...i hope you had a nice trip... i bet you got a lot of 'horn honking' and 'smiles' thrown at you as passed people in the third lane in that 'mean mustang' of yours....

hi BJ i didnt get to go out of town after all :( i think it was better that i just stay here at home or very closeby home the next week or 2 because its only been 5 days since my last xanax dose i still feel great now acitvating helps me alot right now im cleaning the garage !

did you get to see my awesome radio on my photobucket page bj i have a 560 watt sony ! that mofo is loud ! it has a 12" sub that pumps out a deep rich bass you can FEEL it has also 2 other speakers its been 2 years since ive used that radio :( i seem sensitive to sound so now a $20 cheap small radio thats 5watts or less is loud to me :P

hi BJ i didnt get to go out of town after all :( i think it was better that i just stay here at home or very closeby home the next week or 2 because its only been 5 days since my last xanax dose i still feel great now acitvating helps me alot right now im cleaning the garage !

did you get to see my awesome radio on my photobucket page bj i have a 560 watt sony ! that mofo is loud ! it has a 12" sub that pumps out a deep rich bass you can FEEL it has also 2 other speakers its been 2 years since ive used that radio :( i seem sensitive to sound so now a $20 cheap small radio thats 5watts or less is loud to me :P

yes i did see it, i'm jealous! my setup was ok but only about 30 watts per side. nothing like yours. i put all my music on dvd and had to sell all my records a few years ago cuzz i needed some cash. now i have about only 30 albums left but at least i have the rest backed up. all your photos were great...YOU NEED TO STOP SMOKING!!!!!!!....lol......i quit cold turkey 6 or 7 years ago (smoked pall malls ) and never looked back. trust me, you will feel better. sorry about your cat. your mustang looks brand new! keep taking care of it like you do and you'll get 250,000 miles out of it...no rust in texas ! i'm still trying to learn to post photos from photobucket. i tried to put one in the 'dog' thread in 'off topic' but all the pics came up in the link. when i click on IMG it gets fuzzy and i can't c&p for some reason. i'll figure it out..

thanks for the compliments bj !

phew im takin a break from cleaning garage its hot out there even with box fan at window im almost finished after that i have to barbecue some chicken and sausage i think ill make some spanish rice along with it ! im a great cook on a barbecue pit ! as well as in the kitchen i almost forgot i think ill throw on a few burger pattys i have in the freezer on the grill so dad can take some to work tomorrow he's a trucker so hes on the road all day i cook well for him each morning before work he recently told me he gained 30 pounds ! i think i cook too much food for him ! :P

well i gotta get back to work see ya later

katie

I'm a big fan of the remaster, and prefer mono, but...

personally, i don't care for remasters...i they're just a way for artists to squeeze some more cash out of people. i hear what you're saying about mono though...it's all you really need and most mono pressings sound alot better that the stereo issues...stones' satanic majesties for instance..the mono of that is far superior.....tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02XjGQdjEY

Hi BJ,

can you tell me what kind of car you or your parents had from the 1960s ?

my dad was told me how when he was young he had a old chevy pickup from the 1960s he paid only a few 100 for it he said it was a 3 speed manual except 2nd gear didnt work so you had to really rev it on 1st then shift to 3rd and it would be really lugging it ! :P

i have to do that when i drive my mustang GT sometimes its a 5 speed manual if i go to a fast food place and i have a large drink in the drink holdder i cant use 2nd , or 4th gears because my drink is in the way ! :P

hi BA.....my parents never ever owned a car at all! they lived in new york city their entire lives. nyc is the last place you need a car. it's just totally unnecessary to own one there. buses and subways run 24/7/365 and get you to where you want to go a lot faster. sure, many people have cars there but it's not out of necessity.....i hope you're feeling better. today..take care, bjunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7MY1rtPL5Q

I'm a big fan of the remaster, and prefer mono, but...

personally, i don't care for remasters...i they're just a way for artists to squeeze some more cash out of people. i hear what you're saying about mono though...it's all you really need and most mono pressings sound alot better that the stereo issues...stones' satanic majesties for instance..the mono of that is far superior.....tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02XjGQdjEY

That's what I meant to say - not a big fan of remasters. I have some great vinyl rips of the Beatles catalog. Mint pressings off an impeccable setup. Lots of Stones too.