Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cannabis Oil Treatment, Run from the Cure

[ma...]

I am a 44 yr old woman who has had 3 brain tumors. My last surgery was in 2010, I ended up with water on the brain and had emergency surgery. During the surgery I had a seizure and lost my short term memory.  I have been on many prescription pills. One yr later found out about my 3rd tumor.

I heard of Rick Simpson and Run from the Cure. I was amazed after watching the video.

I have been dealing with seizure's, fatigue, headaches.

I month ago I started Cannabis Oil treatments. Once a day, size of a grain of rice for 30 days.

Yesterday was my CT and check up with my surgeon. I AM NOW 100% TUMOR FREE. My doctor was dumb founded. He said "THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE"

Everyone please take time to read RUN FROM THE CURE

Cannabis oil is a cure :)

The excerpt is from the quoted article. The use of cannabis oil is still experimental and the dose needs to be considered and it is to be used in conjunction with classical chemotherapy.

"Finally, the use of CBD/Sativex can be suggested in combination with classical chemotherapeutic agents to check for the presence of a synergistic effect that might potentially allow clinical chemotherapeutic dose reduction, thereby reducing toxicity while maintaining efficacy. In the light of its safety record and considering that CBD is already currently used in patients with multiple sclerosis, the findings here summarized suggest that CBD might be worthy of clinical consideration for cancer therapy."

[5e...]

Maple - I'm happy for you.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These 'underground' treatment approaches don't tend to make it to the mainstream scientific media, but the growing body of 'underground' anecdotal evidence is difficult to deny.  Let's hope that some larger-scale clinical trials are conducted so that individuals and their physicians can use mainstream data to make informed decisions.

Maple - I'm happy for you.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These 'underground' treatment approaches don't tend to make it to the mainstream scientific media, but the growing body of 'underground' anecdotal evidence is difficult to deny.  Let's hope that some larger-scale clinical trials are conducted so that individuals and their physicians can use mainstream data to make informed decisions.

The article you quoted is not underground but mainstream scientific media!!

If I ever get cancer then I too would use the cannabis oil in conjunction with mainstream treatments. I think pretty well everyone would give it a try when faced with cancer. I used marijuana 30 years ago when I got sick with hepatitis. It was amazing and really worked for the nausea and vomiting where nothing else would. It was well know at that time for helping with nausea and vomiting and was given to people who were having chemotherapy but it was synthetic, I used the real thing though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabilone

P.S. If the cannabis oil becomes a proven treatment for cancers, then it too will be a mainstream treatment.

Yes. And much more research is needed. From what we know already, it's safe to safe that some cannabinoids have a positive effect on some cancer cell lines, and some cannabinoids have a negative effect on some cancer cell lines.

I have no doubt that a bunch of interesting cancer treatment modalities will arise from this. I still think Rick Simpson is a dangerous person because this gets touted by some as a replacement for conventional cancer therapies -- and Rick Simpson appears to be making significant amounts of money selling grow lights and associated gear. That's not something he has admitted on the public record as far as I can tell, but if you dig in to a couple of companies he's clearly associated with, that's the picture that starts to emerge.

I'm not saying he's just a profiteer, by any means -- I think he's an ideologue who deeply believes in what he says. That doesn't make him any less dangerous, though.

And it comes from the female plant seeds. 

A new excuse to grow females and flowers  :o :o :o

The "ROPE" people just wanted licenses to grow males for fiber and males do not contain THC.

Heap oil chemically is just vegetable oil. I have a quart bottle of it, pricy stuff!  I mix it with vinegar and make salad dressing from it. Green dressing lol.  It looks funky and I serve it to friends who think it's cool.  So far it has had no effect on me negative or positive except that it may lead to the use of stronger drugs like Modafinil :laugh:

Maybe heap oil is the new "gateway" salad dressing that leads to the use of heavier salad dressings like the hard core Cesare salad :laugh:

[5e...]
Male plants do make THC (and CBD, THCV, etcetera).  The leaves of a male contain just as much as the leaves of a female.  The female flowers contain quite a bit more than either the leaves or the male flowers.  Rope (hemp) strains have been selected to have very little THC production.

Male plants do make THC (and CBD, THCV, etcetera).  The leaves of a male contain just as much as the leaves of a female.  The female flowers contain quite a bit more than either the leaves or the male flowers.  Rope (hemp) strains have been selected to have very little THC production.

That's what I meant.  The male plants grown legally in UK, Canada, Germany, France etc, have no real THC content.  In most cases the female flower is where 99% comes from and is also the source of seeds.  I think it's funny that the Pro pot movement is using the SEED OIL strategy to move the agenda forward  :laugh:  I wondered how long it would take ;D Those old hippies are crafty and they never give up I'll give them that :laugh: 

I once believed in no regulations until benzo's happened to me.  Now I'm more for tough regs than ever before but still had a soft spot in my heart for the old Chinese rag weed :)

While I have not used it for 30 years now and see no need too again until maybe I am in chemo from cancer and at the "porcelain-worship" stage ;)

I'd rather be on morphine than taking a benzo ever again!  Benzo's are HARD drugs, the hardest of them all in my opinion.

The "ROPE" people just wanted licenses to grow males for fiber and males do not contain THC.

Heap oil chemically is just vegetable oil. I have a quart bottle of it, pricy stuff!  I mix it with vinegar and make salad dressing from it. Green dressing lol.  It looks funky and I serve it to friends who think it's cool.  So far it has had no effect on me negative or positive except that it may lead to the use of stronger drugs like Modafinil :laugh:

Maybe heap oil is the new "gateway" salad dressing that leads to the use of heavier salad dressings like the hard core Cesare salad :laugh:

Ya Birdie, I started out with hemp oil and before I knew it, I was a hardcore Thousand Island junkie. ::)

Ya Birdie, I started out with hemp oil and before I knew it, I was a hardcore Thousand Island junkie. ::)

I knew it snowy!  It's a "gateway" salad dressing ingredient!  :laugh:

I would just like to add that if I had cancer I would NEVER attempt to 'poison my way back to health' with chemotherapy.  I would probably do Gerson Therapy.  Regarding brain cancer, Dr. Burzynski in Houston, Texas has had great success.

PD

That's interesting PD.  gerson-therapy sounds good.  I hope I never get cancer and never have to make that choice :(

You wanna know what goes great with the hemp oil? Hemp seeds! You can buy them at Costco, a big bag for 14 dollars. Sprinkle them on salads and drizzle with the hemp oil, you will become super hardcore! I like them sprinkled on yogurt.

I would just like to add that if I had cancer I would NEVER attempt to 'poison my way back to health' with chemotherapy.  I would probably do Gerson Therapy.  Regarding brain cancer, Dr. Burzynski in Houston, Texas has had great success.

PD

Our Story Featured in USA Today!

Our story has been featured in the November 15-17, 2013 weekend edition of USA Today. Check out the full article here. The Detroit Free Press has also picked up the USA Today story.

The following are excerpts from the story.

“When you want so hard to believe something, you end up listening to your heart and not your head,” says Lisa Merritt of Armuchee, Ga., whose husband, Wayne, was treated briefly by Burzynski in 2009. The couple say that Burzynski misled them about the type of treatment that would be offered, as well as the cost. Burzynski, she says, is “the worst kind of predator.”

“Wayne Merritt, a farmer from Armuchee, Ga., went to see Burzynski in 2009 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had hoped to receive antineoplastons, an unapproved drug that Burzynski legally prescribes through an FDA-approved clinical trial. Merritt didn’t qualify for the trial, and was disappointed to realize that the drugs he had been prescribed were conventional chemotherapy. Merritt abandoned the treatments after only a few weeks after learning that they would cost $30,000 a month.”

“Wayne Merritt and his wife, Lisa, say they got a “high-pressure sales pitch” from the Burzynski Clinic. “We felt like he was out to get every penny he could get from us in a short amount of time,” said Lisa Merritt, from Armuchee, Ga. The Merritts, who tell their story at burzynskiscam.com, said one of Burzynski’s employees, Marc Stephens, called them in 2011 to say that they could face legal action if they did not take down the site. The couple refused, said Lisa Merritt, also a cancer survivor. “I said, ‘I have had breast cancer and faced death. My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and he’s facing death,’ ” Lisa Merritt told Burzynski’s representative at the time. “What do you think you can threaten us with that is going to scare me after this?’”

Don’t Make the Same Mistake We Did

Ok, I know people don’t like to waste a lot of time reading about people’s complaints BUT, if you or a loved one has received the diagnosis of cancer, PLEASE take the time to read this about our experience with the Burzynski Clinic in Houston Texas! We feel we were scammed and would like to save others from experiencing the same!

The Beginning

My husband was diagnosed with stage IV Pancreatic/Liver Cancer in September 2009. This sent us on a frantic search to find a suitable treatment. I had just finished up treatment for Breast Cancer and he had watched me go through chemo and radiation. So, to say the least, he was not thrilled with the idea of having to do the same, especially when the prognosis for pancreatic cancer is very grim in itself (virtually no hope of survival according to the medical community). We were told he had less than 6 months with conventional treatment and 6-12 months with treatment. We felt we had to try something that would – at the very least – give us hope.

Stanislaw Burzynski: Our Godsend?

In came The Burzynski Clinic in Houston TX. They claimed to have had success with Pancreatic/Liver Cancer patients! Up to 5 years of survival, we were told. Wow! 5 years sounds like an eternity when you’ve been given only 6 months!!!! They sent us all the paperwork, we sent them all the medical records, and plans were made to become a patient. We were told that insurance would cover, not all, but some of the treatment. We knew there would be some out of pocket expense, due to his treatment protocol being somewhat out of the norm from the rest of the medical community. We travelled to Houston expecting an initial, upfront cost for consultation with Dr. Burzynski and staff, and an overall checkup.

We were a little taken aback when we arrived and the “clinic” was a “suite” on the second floor of a 3 story building. Hmmmm…I tried to pass it off. When you want so hard to believe something, sometimes you end up listening to your heart and not your head. Next came our meeting with the doctors…it went well. Dr. Burzynski personally assured us that he had had success with this particular type of cancer. “Two months” he said, “and we’ll see a difference.”

Then it was time to go see the Insurance Coordinator. Whoa! Granted, the first visit wasn’t that bad. She asked for the initial upfront money we knew we were going to need to pay. However, from that day forward, this was our life:

Office Visit

Simple checkup by the nurse, using what we considered to be sub-standard equipment

Doctor visit (not Burzynski, never saw him again)

Addition of medication

VISIT TO THE INSURANCE COORDINATOR TO HEAR HOW MUCH WE WOULD BE CHARGED FOR THE ADDITIONAL MEDICATION. We were told over and over again “this is upfront, out of pocket, but I’m trying to get the insurance company to pay on it.” We have good insurance, one of the best.

These meds did not cost hundreds of dollars, but thousands!

I’ll spare the gory details, but when all was said and done:

We were out almost $20,000 to the clinic

We were out money for accommodations since the Burzynski Clinic is an outpatient facility

We were out money for travel expenses

AND, after we got home and started figuring up all the medications they had put him on and how much it would cost us to keep him on them, we nearly choked on our tongues when it added up to almost $30,000.00 per month!

You would think that is as bad as it could get…but NO!!! After we decided there was no possible way we could afford to do this we called the clinic to see how we might start weaning him off the medicine prescribed by Burzynski Clinic. WE WERE NOT TRANSFERRED TO A NURSE OR DOCTOR, BUT TO THE INSURANCE COORDINATOR!!! We never received any information from them with instructions on how to come off the meds. We ended up calling our local pharmacist and he was able to help us out.

Conclusion

Along with the long list of other meds that were supposed to work in conjunction with each other, the Burzynski Clinic gave my husband standard chemotherapy medications. We were never told that two of the medications were conventional chemo medications. We discovered from our local pharmacy that one medication the Burzynski Clinic had charged us over $2300.00 for could have been purchased from the pharmacy for around $170.00.

After we stopped with their treatment, we were told that he WOULD NOT BE able to take part in any first round clinical trials because he had taken chemo medications – no matter how small the dose, or how short the duration. WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS UP FRONT.

We contacted several facilities, including The University of Texas and MD Anderson Cancer Clinic, none of which will see him because of the treatment he received at the Burzynski Clinic.

His only option now is conventional chemo treatment, which is what we were trying so hard to avoid in the first place!

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING GOING TO OR TAKING A LOVED ONE TO BURZYNSKI CLINIC, BE CAREFUL! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! THEY WILL TRY TO DRAG YOU IN A BIT HERE AND A BIT THERE AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU MAY BE LIKE US…LEFT WITH NO PLACE TO TURN AND $20,000 POORER!

AND we only received treatment for less than a month!

As for the people they had helped with pancreatic/liver cancer; they gave us a list of contacts. The sheet contained 4 names of pancreatic patients. 1 would not allow you to contact them and, out of the other 3, the earliest diagnosis was in March of 2009! Where are the people that have survived for 3 years, 4 years, 5 years!!!!???? Heck, even 1 year would have been nice!

In our opinion, the Burzynski Clinic is selling false hope at a price no common person can afford!

http://burzynskiscam.com

Stanislaw Burzynski and "Antineoplastons"

Saul Green, Ph.D.

Unlike most "alternative medicine" practitioners, Stanislaw R. Burzynski has published profusely. The sheer volume of his publications impresses patients, but unless they understand what they are reading, they cannot judge its validity. To a scientist, Burzynski's literature contains clear evidence that his data do not support his claims.

Burzynski's Background and Credentials

Burzynski attended the Medical Academy in Lubin, Poland, where he received an M.D. degree in 1967 and an D.Msc. degree in 1968. He did not undergo specialty training in cancer or complete any other residency program. His bibliography does not mention clinical cancer research, urine, or antineoplastons during this period.

In 1970, Burzynski came to the United States and worked in the department of anesthesiology at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, for three years, isolating peptides from rat brains. (Peptides are low-molecular-weight compounds composed of amino acids bonded in a certain way.) He got a license to practice medicine in 1973 and, with others, received a three-year grant to study the effect of urinary peptides on the growth of cancer cells in tissue culture. The grant was not renewed.

In 1976, with no preclinical or clinical cancer research experience, Burzynski announced a theory for the cure of cancer based on his assumption that spontaneous regression occurs because natural anticancer peptides, which he named antineoplastons, "normalize" cancer cells. Since urine contains lots of peptides, he concluded that there he would find antineoplastons. Less than one year later and based only on these assumptions, Burzynski used an extract from human urine ("antineoplaston A") to treat 21 cancer patients at a clinic he opened. His shingle read, "Stanislaw R. Burzynski, M.D., Ph.D."

Burzynski's claim to a Ph.D. is questionable. When I investigated, I found:

An official from the Ministry of Health in Warsaw informed me that when Burzynski was in school, medical schools did not give a Ph.D. [1].

Faculty members from at the Medical Academy at Lubin informed me that Burzynski received his D.Msc. in 1968 after completing a one-year laboratory project and passing an exam [2] and that he had done no independent research while in medical school [3].

In 1973, when Burzinski applied for a federal grant to study "antineoplaston peptides from urine," he identified himself as "Stanislaw Burzynski, M.D, D.Msc." [4]

Analysis of Antineoplaston Biochemistry

Tracing the biochemistry involved in Burzynski's synthesis of antineoplastons shows that the substances are without value for cancer treatment.

By 1985, Burzynski said he was using eight antineoplastons to treat cancer patients. The first five, which were fractions from human urine, he called A-1 through A-5. From A-2 he made A-10, which was insoluble 3-N-phenylacetylamino piperidine 2,6-dione. He said A-10 was the anticancer peptide common to all his urine fractions. He then treated A-10 with alkali, which yielded a soluble product he named AS-2.5. Further treatment of AS-2.5 with alkali yielded a product he called AS-2.1. Burzynski is currently treating patients with what he calls "AS-2.1" and "A-10."

In reality, AS-2.1 is phenylacetic acid (PA), a potentially toxic substance produced during normal metabolism. PA is detoxified in the liver to phenylacetyl glutamine (PAG), which is excreted in the urine. When urine is heated after adding acid, the PAG loses water and becomes 3-N-phenylacetylamino piperidine 2,6-dione (PAPD), which is insoluble. Normally there is no PAPD in human urine.

What Burzynski calls "A-10" is really PAPD treated with alkali to make it soluble. But doing this does not create a soluble form of A-10. It simply reinserts water into the molecule and regenerates the PAG (Burzynski's AS-2.5). Further treatment of this with alkali breaks it down into a mixture of PA and PAG. Thus Burzynski's "AS-2.1" is nothing but a mixture of the naturally occurring substances PA and PAG.

Burzyski claims that A-10 acts by fitting into indentations in DNA. But PAG is too big a molecule to do this, and Burzynski himself has reported that PAG is ineffective against cancer [5,6].

PA may not be safe. In 1919, it was shown that PA can be toxic when ingested by normal individuals. It can also reach toxic levels in patients with phenylketonuria (PKU); and in a pregnant woman, it can cause the child in utero to suffer brain damage.

Burzynski has never demonstrated that A-2.1 (PA) or "soluble A-10" (PA and PAG) are effective against cancer or that tumor cells from patients treated with these antineoplastons have been "normalized." Tests of antineoplastons at the National Cancer Institute have never been positive. The drug company Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals could not duplicate Burzynski's claims for AS-2.1 and A-10. The Japanese National Cancer Institute has reported that antineoplastons did not work in their studies. No Burzynski coauthors have endorsed his use of antineoplastons in cancer patients.

These facts indicate to me that Burzynski's claims that his "antineoplastons" are effective against cancer are not credible.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/burzynski1.html

PD

Gerson Method

Proponents of the Gerson diet claim that cancer can be cured only if toxins are eliminated from the body. They recommend "detoxification" with frequent coffee enemas and a low-sodium diet that includes more than a gallon a day of juices made from fruits, vegetables, and raw calf's liver. This method was developed by Max Gerson, a German-born physician who emigrated to the United States in 1936 and practiced in New York City until his death in 1959. Gerson therapy is still available at Hospital Meridien in Tijuana, Mexico and, since February 1997, at the Gerson Healing Center in Sedona, Arizona.

Gerson therapy is still actively promoted by his daughter, Charlotte Gerson, through lectures, talk show appearances, and publications of the Gerson Institute in Bonita, California. Gerson protocols have included liver extract injections, ozone enemas, "live cell therapy," thyroid tablets, royal jelly capsules, linseed oil, castor oil enemas, clay packs, laetrile, and vaccines made from influenza virus and killed Staphylococcus aureus bacteria.

In 1947, the NCI reviewed ten cases selected by Dr. Gerson and found his report unconvincing. That same year, a committee appointed by the New York County Medical Society reviewed records of 86 patients, examined ten patients, and found no evidence that the Gerson method had value in treating cancer. An NCI analysis of Dr. Gerson's book A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases concluded in 1959 that most of the cases failed to meet the criteria (such as histologic verification of cancer) for proper evaluation of a cancer case [16]. A recent review of the Gerson treatment rationale concluded: (a) the "poisons" Gerson claimed to be present in processed foods have never been identified, (b) frequent coffee enemas have never been shown to mobilize and remove poisons from the liver and intestines of cancer patients, © there is no evidence that any such poisons are related to the onset of cancer, (d) there is no evidence that a "healing" inflammatory reaction exists that can seek out and kill cancer cells [17].

Between 1980 and 1986 at least 13 patients treated with Gerson therapy were admitted to San Diego area hospitals with Campylobacter fetus sepsis attributable to the liver injections [18]. None of the patients was cancer-free, and one died of his malignancy within a week. Five were comatose due to low serum sodium levels, presumably as a result of the "no sodium" Gerson dietary regimen. As a result, Gerson personnel modified their techniques for handling raw liver products and biologicals. However, the Gerson approach still has considerable potential for harm. Deaths also have been attributed to the coffee enemas administered at the Tijuana clinic.

Charlotte Gerson claims that treatment at the clinic has produced high cure rates for many cancers. In 1986, however, investigators learned that patients were not monitored after they left the facility [19]. Although clinic personnel later said they would follow their patients systematically, there is no published evidence that they have done so. Three naturpaths who visited the Gerson Clinic in 1983 were able to track 18 patients over a 5-year period (or until death) through annual letters or phone calls. At the 5-year mark, only one was still alive (but not cancer-free); the rest had succumbed to their cancer [20].

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/cancer.html

My granddaughter's kindergarden teacher's father went to one of those quack clinics in the states. I don't remember which one it was but he had cancer and died anyway. They cleaned the family's bank account out of 400 thousand dollars. Yes, you read right, 400 thousand dollars. Beware of quackery and the predators who inflict it on sick and desperate people! I'm in Canada so real legitimate health care is available here for free. But out of desperation, people will do anything and pay anything to these vile predators who sell false hope just to clean out these victims wallets before they die!!!!

You wanna know what goes great with the hemp oil? Hemp seeds! You can buy them at Costco, a big bag for 14 dollars. Sprinkle them on salads and drizzle with the hemp oil, you will become super hardcore! I like them sprinkled on yogurt.

Sounds good...and healthy 8) I will try it. Thanks. :)

:laugh:  sack of seeds,  :laugh:

reminds me of and old song  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyY-6oh0Ow8

:laugh:  sack of seeds,  :laugh:

reminds me of and old song  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyY-6oh0Ow8

8) 8) 8)

In my advanced writing class @ UT(University of Texas), we were forced to pick one subject to write every paper on throughout the semester. I chose medicinal marijuana.

Cannabis oil treatment does have the ability to cure cancer; however, with the way the laws are right now, it's very hard for people to use the treatment effectively to cure their symptoms. It's a damn shame, really. We have a cure, but because pharmaceutical companies would lose BILLIONS, the government disregards it and continues to spew out drugs that almost kill you to rid you of cancer, and they don't work nearly as well as cannabis oil.

I've watched two relatives suffer and subsequently die from cancer over the past 5 years, and it's not fun. Only if more people knew about this...

In my advanced writing class @ UT(University of Texas), we were forced to pick one subject to write every paper on throughout the semester. I chose medicinal marijuana.

Cannabis oil treatment does have the ability to cure cancer; however, with the way the laws are right now, it's very hard for people to use the treatment effectively to cure their symptoms. It's a damn shame, really. We have a cure, but because pharmaceutical companies would lose BILLIONS, the government disregards it and continues to spew out drugs that almost kill you to rid you of cancer, and they don't work nearly as well as cannabis oil.

I've watched two relatives suffer and subsequently die from cancer over the past 5 years, and it's not fun. Only if more people knew about this...

The real reason for the anti Cannabis sentiment can be found in the Egyptian bible.  Yeah they had one too.  One thing Pharaoh did not like was his slaves smoking weed, made them too lazy and they did not work hard enough.  Masonic teachings transferred this knowledge through the centuries and if you do not think we have masonic influences today look on the back of a dollar bill, yeah >:(

So the true reason is TAXES, the chains of the 'novo ordo spectrum' or the NEW ORDER OF THE AGES, basically chain-less slavery via taxes.  They need more and if your on pot your not going to be a good worker or a good consumer and work hard just to buy more stuff than you need.

Are you a slave without chains?  You figure it out and be honest with yourself.

If your on AD's  not watch these video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bPm4y-rxo