Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Let's go on a trip round the world

[lo...]

Hi everybody

Why don't we go travelling round the world.  I will start off. The next person can pick up where I left off or start a new journey. Let's see where it leads us.  Try to join others in their journeys or pick up where they left off.  Any mode of transport is allowed.  These journeys can be real or imaginary. Who do you meet along the way? What did you do?

I set off from Aberdeen to London for tea with the Queen at Buckingham Palace.  Was greeted by the corgis at the door.  Princd Philip put his head round the door, grunted and went away.  Prince William & Kate popped in with baby George so I had a cuddle.  Time passed quickly.  Spent the evening at the ballet before retiring to my luxury suite at the Savoy Hotel.

:crazy:

LF

Is no one coming with me ????

Just popping across the Channel to Paris.

Only takes an hour or so via the Channel Tunnel.

Want to soak up the atmosphere and sip some coffee.

Au revoir

LF  :smitten:

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/FSD/FSD349/x18808939.jpg

Walked along the Champs-Elysses

Decided climbing the Eiffel Tower would be too much today so went on a boat trip along the Seine and soaked up the sights.

Wonder if anyone else will catch the travelling bug tomorrow.  :)

Im getting out of Paris maybe head down to Monte Carlo to win a bundle at baccarat for my trip then up to grenoble then through the alps to Milan.

Hi Bobo519

Welcome to my travelling thread

Milan sounds great

The beauty of virtual travel is the fact that we can go where we want when we want and it doesn't cost a penny

Who knows where we might end up.

Sure beats staying at home, fretting.

LF :thumbsup:

what about amsterdam? i think i could get into living there even. but would have to visit first to be sure. i know i would have no problem losing the car and hopping on a bike to get to where i need to go. first stop would be a 'coffee' shop where i might spend a few hours nursing a cheesecake and inhaling so to speak all the other sights and sounds and aromas ! (coughing) then maybe a stroll through the red light district. just for a look-see. (more coughing)...

http://uploads2.wikiart.org/images/vincent-van-gogh/sunflowers-1888.jpg

Hi benzojunkie

Here is a blast from the past to send us on our way "Tulips from Amsterdam"

I would love to go to Amsterdam. The Netherlands really appeals to me.  I have friends who spent a week in amsterdam. Unknown to them their holiday apartment turned out to be in the red light district. Their teenage son was mortified!!!

Let's include a visit to the van Gogh museum after all that cycling.  :)

LF

Just found this thread. We were actually going to Amsterdam this spring but the passport office lost my records and I didn't get the passport until late May. We will probably only go there once so want to go at bulb time. I'm crazy about Van Gogh and the Van Gogh gallery was high on my list of must sees. We are hoping to go next spring instead. Had a good laugh about your friends staying in the red light district. I'm afraid my 26 year old son would probably have enjoyed that!

Anyone fancy Spain, not the Costa del sol but somewhere like Granada to feel the atmosphere and enjoy the music and dancing.

• 4 weeks later...

When my severe d/p d/r had me in its grips I would spend many hours daily daydreaming of traveling.  I always took a camera with me and took close-ups of people (especially faces) I meet along the way.  There were times I'm sure my daydreams saved my life during that especially bad year...I've always wanted to visit Ireland's countryside and have a beer in a real Irish Pub.. :)

Molly :smitten: