Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Rotten Grapefruit, critiques and reviews of the film industry

[Ar...]

Hiya Adam,

Well I just saw the trailer for the new Dumb & Dumber and am really looking forward to that!

Unfortunately it doesn't hit the cinema until November.

I thought the first one was a ripper.  :laugh:

Fun thread, I'm glad you started it. Nice to have something light-hearted here.

Chinook  :thumbsup:

LOl...LyOyD!!!

Armageddon (1998):

The first 150-minute trailer. Armageddon is cut together like its own highlights. Take almost any 30seconds at random, and you’d have a TV ad. The movie is an assault on the eyes, the ears, the brain, common sense, and the humann desire to be entertained. No matter what they’re charging to get in, it’s worth more to get out.

^^ Agreed.  It's one long joke of a flick.  They picked a great name for it, Armageddon.  Yeah, that's what must have been happening in the minds of whoever conceptualised such a STUPID flick about a damn asteroid wiping out the Earth.  Wow, that's original.  It's almost like Micahel Bay directed it or something.  Oh, wait, he did! ::)

Hmm.  "Hey I'm Michael Bay and I just luuurve special effects budgets taking money away from every other aspect of film making".

Oh and "Hey I'm Bruce Willis and I have a really sexy pouted smile that I do over and over and over in this flick, because I want to look hard, yet soft, and in control at all times, which is why I work on an oil rig, in fact I should be called Butch Willis because I'm so manly and nonchalant about the government".

Lol :D

Then there's Pleasantville.. which is my all-time favourite film becuse it's original, superbly put together in every way, funny, sad, happy, moving, and it has an amazing message about personal freedom.

Read it an weep, Mr Bay.  THAT's how you makie a film ya twzzock!

B :thumbsup:

Ps.. Adam, thanks for inviting me to whinge about George Lucas here, but I'm committed to not even mentioning him once.  Except there, where I was saying I won't mention him.

Stupid.. fff... no no.. stop Benzoid, just stop now, and turn away and run.

Bye for now. :)

Rofl, Bruce Willis has never been more aptly described.

Michael Bay has a phobia of everything.

Throw Lucas a bone man, he's getting old. Lol

Went to see a Fault in Our Stars: it made me cry, don't tell anyone... :D

It was a great show IMO

Very Truly Yours,

Adam

Went to see a Fault in Our Stars: it made me cry, don't tell anyone... :D

It was a great show IMO

OMGosh, I saw "Fault in Our Stars" I LOVED IT.....it is the best movie I have seen in years, and I won't tell anyone cause it made me cry too. 

Hugs,

Fluter :smitten: