Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Healing from Withdrawal is a lot Like Global Warming

[gr...]

Think of the healing process like climate and how you are currently feeling like weather. Or...watch the MAN not the DOG (the man is our brain over the long term). The good news is that when we reach the "tipping point" of this trend, we will be healed. The bad news is that we'll have global warming to worry about instead of benzo healing.

It's sort of a bad analogy because GW is a bad trend. But the difference between climate and weather is very similar, I think, in the difference between healing over time and the individual daily fluctuations we experience where we get "setbacks" and think that healing can't be real. Like when there's a cold snap and people say the temperatures can't be increasing. I just thought it was interesting how similar the concepts of weather/climate is applicable to neuronal healing. I don't know. I'm weird.

no you're not weird. i think it's similar too. this benzo withdrawal healing seems like it's a healing kind of trend with the setbacks and feeling like you're going backwards. probably because it's a syndrome.

i think every single person needs to shut everything off for only 11 days and we would have such a healing on Earth and Ozone layer but it's so sad that that won't ever happen. i mean, everything off! i don't know where i got the 11 days from but it's there strong for me. :)

I agree with the statement, healing is climate versus weather.

About global warming, remember the George Carlin Joke "The planet does not need saving.  It was fine for billions of years before us, and it will be fine for billions of years after we are gone.  If you want to keep the planet hospitable for humans, that's different, but I am not sure it is worth the effort."

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Global warming is a scam. It is another money grabbing scheme. The planet always went through warming - cooling cycles and it will continue to do so.

What we do is pollute it but we cannot warm it by 1/100 C.

Please focus on the withdrawal and forget the GW.

Miti

I wasn't going to go there, but what the hey.  99% of the US population believe we effect global warming.  The rest of us are scientists ;-)

Yeah, maybe we should just remove this post. I thought the analogy was good and wasn't really wanting to talk about the very real, scientifically validated reality of global warming.

I thought the analogy was good and wasn't really wanting to talk about the very real, scientifically validated reality of global warming.

Right. The warming that stopped 17 years ago...

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/05/04/global-temperature-update-no-global-warming-at-all-for-17-years-9-months/

I don't claim to be an expert but I have a Master's degree in Climatology and I know one thing for certain. The data models are extremely complex and can easily to tuned to produce the results you want for your agenda.

This topic should be locked. The analogy served no purpose other than to advance your cause.

"This topic should be locked. The analogy served no purpose other than to advance your cause."

Yes, clearly the goal was to advance my "cause." And what could be a more effective strategy for achieving my ultimate goals of world domination and acceptance of global warming than posting this on a support forum in a thread viewed by no less than 10 people! You caught me.

Though I do agree this should be locked or deleted. My CNS is not equipped to handle the strain of arguing with the Flat Earth Society.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Global warming is a scam. It is another money grabbing scheme. The planet always went through warming - cooling cycles and it will continue to do so.

What we do is pollute it but we cannot warm it by 1/100 C.

Please focus on the withdrawal and forget the GW.

Miti

well, i sure hope it's a scam and don't understand why it's hotter in places that it use to ain't be so hot.

wheather is also affected by consiousness.

Lets save the big philosophical discussion about the validity of global warming for the off topic board. This board is for protracted benzo wd discussion only. Thanks.

Can you move or delete it? I seriously did not mean for it to go this way (I guess I should have seen it coming).

I suspect those who deny the reality of GW own oil wells, or work in the defense industries; you know, are directly affected in the pocketbook. >:(

1.  Please move this to off topic.

2.  Whatever your position, please remember, debate is good for your CNS, and don't take posts on the chin.  No one is insulting you, and even if they are, who cares?

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

OK.  Now that this is moved, here is the closest thing to the truth as I can figure it.

Of course we effect climate change, because everything effects everything; the whole butterfly flapping its wings phenomena.  That is why you can always find evidence that we do.  But, the planet has undergone such massive climate shifts in its 5 billion years before we got here, and climate still changes continuously.  That is why you can always find evidence that we do not.

We need industry, we just need to balance that with the "don't pi$$ where you drink" concept, and we will be fine.

Think globally, act locally, be well, and good luck,

Ramcon1

Yeah, maybe we should just remove this post. I thought the analogy was good and wasn't really wanting to talk about the very real, scientifically validated reality of global warming.

I think your analogy is brilliant Gremar.

I know a lot of scientists don't believe in global warming but by the same token a lot of "scientists" don't believe there's a lengthy or protracted benzo withdrawal either and we know that's not the case at all.

Chinook  :thumbsup: