Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

!!!~~~SINGLES CLUB~~~!!!

[...]

im single too :P i do know a boy Evan he likes me me and him go swimming together almost everyday he lives 2 houses away from me i dont think i can date him though he's a minor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [Pe...]

• [ba...]

Ahhh it was worth it Paul M haha..  I hear ya with the whole dating thing,  I just figured this online stuff would be way more low key.

Baby Angel,  yeah a minor is certainly not good haha..

I'm single, can't even imagine being in a relationship, let alone dating, at this point in my life.

Had a very serious relationship 2 years ago (almost got engaged!). I do miss sleeping and cuddling with a girlfriend so much, it's something I will never take for granted.

[c4...]
it's something I will never take for granted.

I hear you. There so many things I'll never take for granted after this experience.

All I can do is go on memories.

Hey Fonz, How ya doin today?  Memories for me at this time...is just a Barbra Streisand song....there in the corners of my mind. Blah!  Wall goes up to protect myself from all of it.  As V would say it Sucks Rocks!

Hugs,

Fluter :smitten:

I agree.. All I can do is go on memories.

Cheers,

I became so used to sleeping with someone, that I find it difficult to sleep alone. I'm looking into a body pillow to try and replicate it.  :-\

I agree.. All I can do is go on memories.

Cheers,

I became so used to sleeping with someone, that I find it difficult to sleep alone. I'm looking into a body pillow to try and replicate it.  :-\

It's Debbie Downer coming to ya live from the great state of Texas.  Trust me....if you've been out of a relationship for 2 years....you will get used to it.

It's been 10yrs for me.  Do I like it...No, have I gotten used to sleeping alone....YES!  And, now my fear is it will be difficult to go back to sharing my space let alone my bed with someone.

Hope I'm wrong!

Fluter :smitten:

Hi folks.

Been on my own for 30 years. Divorced. Have always suffered from depression and felt I could cope better on my own. Had a rather disastrous marriage. Now 60. Been on nitrazepam for 40 years and now wonder if that was the cause of my lifelong depression.  Met a widower on the internet last summer and we spent a few enjoyable  short breaks together. Then I became ill last September due to benzo withdrawal. Wasn't well enough to see anyone for 3 months. Have seen friends roughly once a week for 2 hours over past 6 months. Too far for my male friend to come for 2 hours. We are in touch every day and that has  been a great support to me. I have enjoyed having someone in my life again. I never imagined it would happen.  It may not develop further but it is nice. Coming off nitrazepam seemed to break down the barriers I had built round myself. I hope when this is all over I might have a long term relationship either with the man I have met or someone else.  Not sure if I would ever give up my home/independence. Would have to be someone very special.  In some ways it is easier at this stage of life. No longer looking to fall madly in love!!!

PS. we would go to bed together but because of my insomnia and his restlessness I would take myself off to the spare bedroom. It worked well. He is a taxi driver and has to work during the night at times.  We were both pretty chilled after the nerve racking initial meeting when I stayed in a hotel.

Meetting on the internet was great. We discussed the sex bit before we met!!

:smitten:

I'm single, but I'm in my 20's. Not really in a rush to settle down.

At the same time, I haven't found "that girl" yet.

[c4...]
Hi folks.

Been on my own for 30 years. Divorced. Have always suffered from depression and felt I could cope better on my own. Had a rather disastrous marriage. Now 60. Been on nitrazepam for 40 years and now wonder if that was the cause of my lifelong depression.  Met a widower on the internet last summer and we spent a few enjoyable  short breaks together. Then I became ill last September due to benzo withdrawal. Wasn't well enough to see anyone for 3 months. Have seen friends roughly once a week for 2 hours over past 6 months. Too far for my male friend to come for 2 hours. We are in touch every day and that has  been a great support to me. I have enjoyed having someone in my life again. I never imagined it would happen.  It may not develop further but it is nice. Coming off nitrazepam seemed to break down the barriers I had built round myself. I hope when this is all over I might have a long term relationship either with the man I have met or someone else.  Not sure if I would ever give up my home/independence. Would have to be someone very special.  In some ways it is easier at this stage of life. No longer looking to fall madly in love!!!

PS. we would go to bed together but because of my insomnia and his restlessness I would take myself off to the spare bedroom. It worked well. He is a taxi driver and has to work during the night at times.  We were both pretty chilled after the nerve racking initial meeting when I stayed in a hotel.

Meetting on the internet was great. We discussed the sex bit before we met!!

:smitten:

I'm so happy for you, lookingforward.

I've been single all my life and I'm 46. After spending nearly 30 years on these meds, I can tell you, I really think it's the medication. I get really angry about it sometimes, but that does no good.

I've dated some online and had fun. Nothing serious, but again, I think it was the meds. I would come out for a bit, and then want to crawl back into my apartment and not see anyone. That's not fair to anyone. I'm hoping after withdrawal, I'll be back out there. I'm in better shape then I've been in awhile, so if I can just get my head together (and my arms reattached to my body - really weird dp/dr today), I'll be okay.

Hi Mindseeker. That's the spirit. It is never too late. ! My grandfather was 50 when he married my grandmother, age 20.  That was a long time ago of course but they had two daughters and were married for about 30 years. They died within a few years of each other.  Nowadays there are plenty of divorced/separated looking for another relationship.  I hope it won't be long before you are able to start looking.  :mybuddy::smitten:

[c4...]
Hi Mindseeker. That's the spirit. It is never too late. ! My grandfather was 50 when he married my grandmother, age 20.  That was a long time ago of course but they had two daughters and were married for about 30 years. They died within a few years of each other.  Nowadays there are plenty of divorced/separated looking for another relationship.  I hope it won't be long before you are able to start looking.  :mybuddy::smitten:

Hey, lookingforward. You have so much positive energy! That's such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Lol!  Hang on to those arms, Mind.  They come in handy for picking up marbles... :laugh:

You know, my marble collection is dwindling. They keep rolling down the heat vent!

Wow. I'm 24, and MOST girls I meet that are between 18-21 are generally incredibly immature, and I wouldn't want to have a relationship with them by any means.

That's awesome for your grandfather though, haha. If I'm still single when I'm 50 and meet a 20 year old that's willing to commit to a relationship with someone 30 years older, that would make me very, very happy.

Great Idea!

I'm 29 going on 40. I'm an addict with PTSD, haha. I love to stay up all night because I can't sleep, that doesn't mean I can't make breakfast! Anyway it gets pretty lonely down here in. GA

Yours,

Adam

Arrakis, lol, 29 going on 40 isn't that bad, try being 63 going on 14 with a 40 year old daughter trying to be mommy from 60 miles away!  Lol!  Talk about some deep sheeeeit!  Having a blast with my second childhood, at least while it lasts!  Who needs sleep?  Lol!  Wish my daughter could appreciate how much fun I'm having.....  She thinks I've lost my mind... :smitten:

:D RIDE ON PERUZER, I couldnt imagine my daughter trying to raise me. Well shes only 2... Trying to make her a sober father ATM

Best,

Adam

Arrakis.....You are doing the right thing guy!  You will never regret a minute of this hell!  My best to you! ❤️  PS. All the women here are crazy...lol!

hi mindseeker, i saw your signature that you jumped/ quit your klonopin recently i hope your feeling alright and sleeping decently i like to take melatonin to sleep sometimes its 10mg vitamin b6 is added to it to prolong sleep i got it from walgreens i hope this helps i wish you well,

katie