Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

!!!~~~SINGLES CLUB~~~!!!

[...]

What better way to distract our selves from benzo related crap?  :thumbsup:

Being single through all this can be tough. I know it's good to not drag down a partner but finding someone that understands could be worth a million.

I'm Nick, 30 from Canada.. Personaly seeking a female of any age but more than up for chatting with anyone in relation to the difficulties of being single. Perhaps you have lost a partner during this ordeal? 

Cheers,

Fonz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [Pe...]

• [ba...]

Hey Fonz,

I'm Fluter....50, and from Texas. Love to chat and can usually find pretty much anything to talk about.

I do have a good support system thru family and friends; however, I know they get tired of hearing or dealing with everything the Benzo WD encompasses, and sometimes I just don't want to subject them to it. 

I can usually be found on the "Let's Chat Thread" that is my home base....as they are a bunch of wonderful folks all going through the same thing.  We are all very supportive, loving, compassionate, and we like to laugh! 

I will come back around here, and should you have a mind to...come on over to the Lets Chat and give it a try. I'll be looking for you :)

Hugs,

Fluter :smitten:

Being single through all this can be tough. I know it's good to not drag down a partner but finding someone that understands could be worth a million.

I'm Nick, 30 from Canada.. Personaly seeking a female of any age but more than up for chatting with anyone in relation to the difficulties of being single. Perhaps you have lost a partner during this ordeal? 

Cheers,

Fonz

Hi Everyone,

I'd just like to remind you of our Rules and Guidelines, which include this:

•You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed

This rule exists for the privacy and safety of all members........

:smitten:

Hey Fluter,

Thank for stopping by, I was hoping more people would tune in considering there must be many single people on here? I made it for any single members not just me hahah.. Hope people didn't get the wrong idea  :P

I figured if people want to PM they will right ?

You are lucky to have a good family support network, that's great!

Talk soon,

Fonz

I'm surprised there are not more men and women that are single or wanting to discuss the topic.

Ahhh well,  it was worth a try  :P

Fonz

I'm surprised there are not more men and women that are single or wanting to discuss the topic.

Ahhh well,  it was worth a try  :P

Hey Fonz,

I think perhaps lots of folks have established themselves on certain threads.  Like me....I really don't venture away from the "Let's Chat Thread". 

What Benzo are you tapering off of?  Maybe you may want to try one of those threads. 

Like I said before your welcome to stop by "The lets' Chat Tread". I also noticed there is a thread that is for 30 and younger.  Maybe give that one a try.

And, you right...at least you tried.

I hope you have had a good weekend?

Hugs,

Fonz

Fonz, Are you kidding?  Stand back, this is going to go viral!

Hello, I am Peruzer.  I am female, 63 years old and today I found Vincent Price in my bathroom mirror.

I am seeking an Adult Male, preferably another Empath, to share this Dance Macabre.

Haha viral huh? You'd think so?? I know if this forum had a lot of younger people it would. I guess most are married?  Well apparently not all!  :thumbsup:

Fluter - I tapered off Clonazepam or Klonopin. I'm going on 8 months free.

Cheers,

Fonz

[72...]

Can I join?

I'm single, 46, female, and I live with my shepherd mix, Lexi.

I've been single all my life, and I'm looking forward to getting medication free, finding someone special, and settling down to raise puppies.  :)

People, it has only been 2 days on the market...Lol!...The hell most of us went through prior to our sucker-sucker punch has left many of us fearful of future relationships.  I know I have isolated myself longer than two decades because of prior negative relationships.  Since we are all here waiting to be well enough to rebuild our lives we might as well work on restoring our social skills, and in my case, faith in trusting a relationship can be supportive rather than destructive...  I don't know if I will live long enough, but someday I hope to say something other than "My longest relationship was my dentist".  Sadly, my dentist out lived my cat who really deserved that special place in history.  Much love to all of you anxious romantics!

:smitten:

[72...]

Peruzer, I giggled so loud I woke my dog!

When I was first diagnosed manic depressive. . . .yes, before the internet and back in the dark ages, I was told not to get pregnant, not to have much hope in having relationships.  That turned out to be what my life would be like - isolated and alone.

I've got to brush up on my social skills. Not sure how to go about that.

What about you all? When do you think is a good time to even think about dating? I'm holding off until I'm not completely depersonalized.  :-\

Mind.....you must learn to giggle, pee and swallow what ever you have in your mouth before reading my posts....❤ No need to inflict Hypnic jerks on the pup!

And whoever the idiot was who said manic depression would prevent you from being happy was an idiot especially since all those mental health dx's are only words matched to drugs to mask and permanate a transient human mood to assure you will become a good pharmaceutical customer.  Did I just mangle my thought?  I hope not...

You know, the term manic depression was changed to bi-polar in an effort to remove the stigma so more people would embrace the cult of psychiatry.  Also, do some research, you may just might be an Empath.....an extra sensitive soul able to feel the vibes of others and actually manifest those same moods within yourself.....these meds squelch spiritual and psychic growth.

[72...]
Also, do some research, you may just might be an Empath.....an extra sensitive soul able to feel the vibes of others and actually manifest those same moods within yourself.....these meds squelch spiritual and psychic growth.

Wow. I just looked up Empath. That's a really cool thing to be. I'm also looking into depersonalization as a means to transcendental states of mind.

There's so much to be tapped into the mind. The meds definitely hinder the Empath. Can't wait to find out what's hidden under these medications.

And yes, shrinks are complete idiots. But at least they were more honest back in the day. Now they tell women that SSRI's are safe to take while pregnant. I really don't think they are. But that's off topic and this thread should stay positive.

And I jump on Thursday! Just 10 more months to go for the Seroquel taper and then I'm free!

I'll have to work on my social skills and then who knows if I'll want to hide in my apartment? Maybe a little dating will occur?

I hope so for all the single folks on this board.  :smitten:

Ack!  We hijacked the thread, we need to be flashing our legs, Jeeze, so much to remember, All these lost skills!

Fluter - I tapered off Clonazepam or Klonopin. I'm going on 8 months free.

HEY FONZ, THAT IS AWESOME!  WAY TO GO....ROCK YOUR BENZO FREEDOM!

FLUTER :smitten:

What about you all? When do you think is a good time to even think about dating?

WOW Mindseeker, that's a loaded question.I have not dated in 10yrs.  On one hand I would really like a relationship. On the other I do not think it is fair to bring someone into my life while tapering. Talk about scary!

I've recently had someone who is interested in me. They are totally aware of my taper.  A very nice person; however, I went against my better judgment and went to dinner with him twice, and now he is moving waaaaaay to fast for me. It has me completely stressed out. I don't want to hurt his feelings.  I was just looking for friendship first and than see what may happen down the road.  Now, I don't know what to do. 

Any feed back. This is scary for me and has me a bit un-nerved.

Hugs,

Fluter,

As a man id appreciate if the woman was honest and completely straight forward. Just let him know you want to tone it down a bit,  the fact its stressing you out is no good. I guess the other side of the coin is if its even a good time to date? Just make it clear you dont want a relationship.

Problems in yet good problems to have if you ask me :P

Fonz

As a man id appreciate if the woman was honest and completely straight forward. Just let him know you want to tone it down a bit,  the fact its stressing you out is no good.

Hey Fonz,

Thank you for the feed back! How are you doing today? 

I guess the other side of the coin is if its even a good time to date?

For me personally, I do not think it is a good time to date, however, I was thinking friendship and now he is texting me constantly and you can just tell from what he says that he want's thinks to move in a different direction.  I'm doing nothing to give him that impression.  He is a friend of my cousin and he is a nice guy and now it feels like I'm stuck in the middle of something not so good as someone will be mad at me....no matter which way I go. At least that's how it feels.

Just make it clear you dont want a relationship.

Hmmmm, my daughter told me the same thing!  Honesty, what a novel idea ;)

Have a good day buddie,

Fluter :thumbsup:

All is well!

Yeah just be straight forward and it will avoid much worse heart ache. Also remember saying you just want to be friends may not be good enough to hault a man, haha as annoying as it may be sometimes you have to spell it out, friends with no sex!  If that's not made clear the door is still open.

Cheers,

Fonz

Lol!  It is always best to be your true self and not mince words or try to protect others feeling beyond being polite.  People who are attracted to you will like you no matter what you say so it is always best to be honest.  It eliminates problems and misunderstandings down the road.....it is easy to get into a relationship, much harder to get out of one.  Just sayin'  :thumbsup:

[72...]

Hey, single BB's.

Since I've been so good at keeping a low profile, might as well do it for a few more months.

I actually was in a pretty good relationship two years ago, but then, well, I was me. I actually think the biggest problem was tolerance withdrawal and I didn't even know what that was back then.

Fluter, it sounds like at least you're getting out there. I'm hoping to be able to get back out there again soon.  :thumbsup:

hi nickolas ( fonz)  i dont think we met before i was here some a month ago i started coming here around umm febuary or march this year i hope your doing well with your withdrawals so far, i take alprazolam im on the final steps of quitting it ,

I'm a single guy. Not seeking anything. I need fix myself first. Saturday I kissed a girl though, it was fun but just for one time. It meant much to me because a girl I was dating before was there as well. I'm now totally over her.