Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A way to distract yourself for 7 minutes

[JC...]

Here is one of the world's greatest guitarists....................

He grew up in a chicken coup on the grounds of a slaughterhouse and had his face scratched off by chickens as a child.  That's the reason for the mask and the KFC bucket.

He is socially maladjusted so he speaks to people through the rubber decapitated head he holds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DEKFissl4

In test studies, this video has lowered the anxiety of 83.543% of the test subjects for at least 7 minutes.

i would much rather listen to the intro of ''can't you hear me knocking'' than any 'shredder.' those guys just aren't rock and roll to me.

"In test studies, this video has lowered the anxiety of 83.543% of the test subjects for at least 7 minutes."  that mask the guy is holding in his hand is too spooky to lower any anxiety?

"In test studies, this video has lowered the anxiety of 83.543% of the test subjects for at least 7 minutes."  that mask the guy is holding in his hand is too spooky to lower any anxiety?

I agree, BabyAngel.  Freaky!

Listen to Elliott Smith. He's always a good way to temporarily distract yourself from your anxiety.

Then we'll be depressed.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, BabyAngel.  Freaky!

When I have some social anxiety, that mask could come in handy!  ;D

Listen to Elliott Smith. He's always a good way to temporarily distract yourself from your anxiety.

Then we'll be depressed.

His music is only as depressing if you're already depressed. Every song of his invokes at least some kind of emotion, which a lot of people haven't felt in a while.

This is one of my favorite Elliott Smith songs, and I wouldn't consider it depressing by any means.

I like this one, but it IS depressing.  I still like it though:

You can't just label a song as "depressing" and think that everyone who hears it will have the same opinion as you.

When I hear Elliott, my anxiety goes down, because I'm blown away by the breathtaking melody and lyrics; a lot of which I can relate to. I think the song that you linked is a great song, and I don't find it depressing at all. If you listen to songs like "Miss Misery", "Needle in the Hay", and "King's Crossing" all day, then yeah, you're going to find Elliott Smith pretty damn depressing.

Just listen to the way he makes the guitar sing...it's incredible. At least, to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...