Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Had a "mystic experience" 2 days ago. I became one with the cosmos. Beyond words

[Hy...]

Thanks BJ, I will look into Robert Monroe's books.  A couple questions.  Some people say that out of body experiences are just some kind of illusion or dream in our brain.  How do you know for sure that it is truly an 'out of body experience'?  Next question: where did you get the idea that our universe will cease to exist?  I do believe our souls are infinite.  Although I don't doubt it, I would like to have a better understanding of how time and space are mere illusions.

Thanks for giving your perspective.

PD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PD,

i had the same question about the out of body experiences. but when i actually started feeling a second body or "me" lifting out when i was still very alert and awake, although deeply relaxed -- there was no denying that there is a second energy body.

by the way, i had another OOBE the other night as i wrote about it on my blog. but this time i was with other people/energy/souls for the first time since the c/t over 2 years ago. it was such a blast. and then i went flying about with this other couple. we were flying backwards with our heads flying backwards. it was so awesome. i only started to feel 'myself' lift out of physical body when i was about 3-4 years off the benzo's the first time. before that i was having OOBE but didn't realize it and thought i was having flying dreams. now i know that i've been having these experiences all my life.

i'm curious to know what bjunk says to your question? i wasn't sure if he was talking to me or you on his last post?

pretty

oh, and by the way -- during my OOBE's i do wonder how it is i'm seeing the experience? is it only an illusion that my brain is making up? or is it a real plane of existence that i'm visiting?

i know Robert Monroe talks about Locale 1 and Locale 11 in his first book that i'm reading. Locale 1 is a place where another plane of existence and the physical are combined (he says you can bring physical things to this place) ?  where as Locale 11 is just another plane of existence. God, i wish i could talk to him. i spoke to one of the workers at The Monroe Institute, Jan and she said that Bob passed when he was in his eighties and that he was "ready to go home"... i thought that was so cool. i'm looking forward to reading the next two books by him but for now enjoying "Journey Out Of The Body"...

Interesting pretty, thanks for chiming in!  Yeah, BJ was talking to me.  I sent him a question in a PM about that article that he posted and he chose to respond to it here.  I'm glad he did; that way everyone can join in the discussion.

So now I have some questions for you pretty. :)  Some people say we have an angel or spirit guide that is with us all the time.  Did you perceive that you were with an angel or spirit guide when you had your OOBE?  In your second post you said you are wondering if it is an illusion or that your brain is making it up.  I assume you are only referring to the visual experience you were having, because in your first post you said you are sure that your energy body lifted out of your physical body.  Is that correct?  How did you communicate with the people that you were with during your OOBE?  Was it by thought alone?

Robert Monroe must have some good books if guys both are reading them.  Thanks for sharing. 

Interesting pretty, thanks for chiming in!  Yeah, BJ was talking to me.  I sent him a question in a PM about that article that he posted and he chose to respond to it here.  I'm glad he did; that way everyone can join in the discussion.

So now I have some questions for you pretty. :)  Some people say we have an angel or spirit guide that is with us all the time.  Did you perceive that you were with an angel or spirit guide when you had your OOBE?  In your second post you said you are wondering if it is an illusion or that your brain is making it up.  I assume you are only referring to the visual experience you were having, because in your first post you said you are sure that your energy body lifted out of your physical body.  Is that correct?  How did you communicate with the people that you were with during your OOBE?  Was it by thought alone?

Robert Monroe must have some good books if guys both are reading them.  Thanks for sharing.

hey PD,

well, the OOBE i had last week when i lifted out of the physical for the very first time and went flying since the c/t -- i had two 'helpers'. that's what Robert Monroe calls them in his first book i am reading now. i guess i would also call them Angels as that is how it 'felt' to me during the experience. (everyone is going to have their own beliefs come into play when during an OOBE) and how it feels to them. that's why belief is so important to have good ones that give you pleasure because you take yourself wherever you go.

and also, in that experience -- i did see only the legs of the first Angel who was carrying me and what seemed to happen was she passed me off to someone else. it felt like 'he' was in training. it also felt to me like he was a darker complexion type of helper/Angel. all these feelings come into play and it's kinda like a dream where telepathy is mainly used although there have been many times i've communicated through talking word in these experiences. also, in that experiences i felt the second helper kinda slow down out flight to make sure he had a good grip on me. all of this occurred within me without spoken word.

so again, i think it's just what you're able to "feel" within the moment in these experiences of whether or not someone is an Angel or a helper or someone who is there to harm you. it's pretty bitchen and i'm glad i am having the experiences again. God it was so long after the c/t that i couldn't have them and it was really frustrating because i had been having them very frequently for many years.

going to answer your other question on my blog. :)

hi PDs, srry i haven't responded yet. can't type. gave blood 2 days ago. right arm numb. this seems 2b delayed reaction that hppens when give blood lately.bjunk.

Thanks BJ, I will look into Robert Monroe's books.  A couple questions.  Some people say that out of body experiences are just some kind of illusion or dream in our brain.  How do you know for sure that it is truly an 'out of body experience'?  Next question: where did you get the idea that our universe will cease to exist?  I do believe our souls are infinite.  Although I don't doubt it, I would like to have a better understanding of how time and space are mere illusions.

PD

hi PD, as far as the universe ceasing to exist, well, i think there are three (so far) possibilities as to the fate of the universe, maybe more. perhaps i jumped the gun. one, the universe will continue to expand outward forever. infinity. two, the universe will at some point stop moving and become static. three, the universe will reverse direction and once again form a singularity. when this happens another big bang will happen and create another universe. i believe number three will happen. and if it does, at the nano-nano-nano second before the next big bang, the universe will not exist. but in any of these three scenerios, the forces of dark energy and gravity and black holes, ect., will run rampant thus killing off any living entities that have the ability to preceive. so if something can't be perceived by something, how can it exist? so if our souls are infinte, they would have to be in another 'dimension.' (for lack of a better word). this is just my opinion...lol..

as far as time/space being an illusion, well, everything seems real and solid to us. if you have a quarter in front of you, that seems pretty solid. yet in actuality that quarter is not solid at all. no two atoms of that quarter are ever touching. there is a huge amount of empty space in that quarter. now an object is definined as being real by the points in 'space' it occupies. but forces strong enough can tear those quarter atoms apart and distribute them elsewhere. the atoms of that quarter still exist but it is no longer a quarter. the quarter was an illusion to begin with. i know in my mind what i mean but it is very hard to explain. and if you take empty space itself, it would need specific points of reference to exist. yet where are they? so it must be an illusion.

as to your first question, you will know an oobe is real when you actually have one yourself. i can't convince you they're real. you have to experience one yourself.....i hope all this helps in some way.....bjunk.

PD

hi PD, as far as the universe ceasing to exist, well, i think there are three (so far) possibilities as to the fate of the universe, maybe more. perhaps i jumped the gun. one, the universe will continue to expand outward forever. infinity. two, the universe will at some point stop moving and become static. three, the universe will reverse direction and once again form a singularity. when this happens another big bang will happen and create another universe. i believe number three will happen. and if it does, at the nano-nano-nano second before the next big bang, the universe will not exist. but in any of these three scenerios, the forces of dark energy and gravity and black holes, ect., will run rampant thus killing off any living entities that have the ability to preceive. so if something can't be perceived by something, how can it exist? so if our souls are infinte, they would have to be in another 'dimension.' (for lack of a better word). this is just my opinion...lol..

as far as time/space being an illusion, well, everything seems real and solid to us. if you have a quarter in front of you, that seems pretty solid. yet in actuality that quarter is not solid at all. no two atoms of that quarter are ever touching. there is a huge amount of empty space in that quarter. now an object is definined as being real by the points in 'space' it occupies. but forces strong enough can tear those quarter atoms apart and distribute them elsewhere. the atoms of that quarter still exist but it is no longer a quarter. the quarter was an illusion to begin with. i know in my mind what i mean but it is very hard to explain. and if you take empty space itself, it would need specific points of reference to exist. yet where are they? so it must be an illusion.

as to your first question, you will know an oobe is real when you actually have one yourself. i can't convince you they're real. you have to experience one yourself.....i hope all this helps in some way.....bjunk.

Interesting stuff Bjunk.  :)

A brick building is real and exists because the bricks join together to form the building. If you took a wrecking ball to the building and separated those bricks, you could take the bricks and make something totally different. That wouldn't mean the building was an illusion. Wouldn't the same concept apply with the quarter and it's atoms?  Quarter to building as atoms are to bricks?  :idiot:

Thanks BJ for explaining your perspective.  I think I'm going to have to do some more reading, exploration, and contemplation to get a better grasp of all this.  How you explain the quarter reminds me of the scene in The Matrix where the child says to Neo, "...only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon." 

And of course, Keanu Reeves is awesome!  ;)

When I asked you how you truly know you are having an OOBE, I meant from your perspective.  I'm not asking you to convince me, I just want to hear how you know it is real to you.  Something I thought about is that when I'm having a dream it seems real, but when I wake up, I know it was just a dream.  So it seems to me if OOBEs were truly an illusion, at some point you would recognize this.

Interesting stuff!  :thumbsup: 

thank God for this mans face or else i wouldn't have anything to fantasize about during acute withdrawal symptoms. ;) someday i will thank him in person. :)

thank God for this mans face or else i wouldn't have anything to fantasize about during acute withdrawal symptoms. ;) someday i will thank him in person. :)

:thumbsup:  Pleeease take me with you!

:thumbsup:  Pleeease take me with you!

i didn't know you liked keke reeves?!!?  i call him keke. well, i met his sister Karina in 2007 and i also met Bret Domrose his old bandmate around that time too. i'm pretty good with meeting whoever i want to like Jackson Browne and Tori Amos so it is a plan to at least meet Keanu and thank him for such a beautiful face so i had something to fantasize about during acute withdrawal. i will definitely take you with me!

hey, i was reading in that Rick Stack "Out Of Body Adventures" today and i really think it's the perfect little book for anyone to read when they're just starting out. he makes it sound as if you're just supposed to have fun in these OOBE's and that it's not a big deal and that everyone is able to have them because it's such a natural thing for the spirit to do. and he also said that whether we know it or not, during dreams the energy/second body lifts out and does it's thing. it's really a great little book and will also help with having more lucid dreams.

In my late twenties I became very ill and was bedridden for 2 weeks. One Sunday morning my husband came into the bedroom and told me he was taking the kids to the beach for the day.  I had been stuck in the bedroom by myself for days and so badly wanted to go with them but my doctor had ordered bed rest because I was pregnant and I did dare chance it. 

I heard them in the living room getting ready to leave and I tried to call out to them to take me with them but I couldn't make a sound, I had no voice.  I pulled myself out of the bed but my legs weighted 100 lbs each and it took all my energy just to stand up.  I slowly staggered to the door but my body was so heavy I could hardly keep myself up.  I looked down and reached for the door knob but didn't even have the strength to turn it. 

I gave up and turned back around to get back in bed and saw myself still laying there. It's scared me terribly and I panicked.  Everything then turned blue and I opened my eyes, I was back in my bed trembling not knowing what had happened to me.  It was years later that I learned it was a out of body experience.  I'll never forget that feeling of being out of my body and then the panic when I realized I was.

Molly  :):smitten:

Thanks so much pretty.  I'll look into Rick Stack's book.  So how do you get so lucky to meet all these famous people?

Molly, do you have any idea how this happened to you?  Have you ever tried to repeat the experience?  Do you have any desire to experience that again?  Did it change your outlook on life in any way?

PD

In my late twenties I became very ill and was bedridden for 2 weeks. One Sunday morning my husband came into the bedroom and told me he was taking the kids to the beach for the day.  I had been stuck in the bedroom by myself for days and so badly wanted to go with them but my doctor had ordered bed rest because I was pregnant and I did dare chance it. 

I heard them in the living room getting ready to leave and I tried to call out to them to take me with them but I couldn't make a sound, I had no voice.  I pulled myself out of the bed but my legs weighted 100 lbs each and it took all my energy just to stand up.  I slowly staggered to the door but my body was so heavy I could hardly keep myself up.  I looked down and reached for the door knob but didn't even have the strength to turn it. 

I gave up and turned back around to get back in bed and saw myself still laying there. It's scared me terribly and I panicked.  Everything then turned blue and I opened my eyes, I was back in my bed trembling not knowing what had happened to me.  It was years later that I learned it was a out of body experience.  I'll never forget that feeling of being out of my body and then the panic when I realized I was.

Molly  :):smitten:

i think when one has illness and spends a lot of time in bed -- it's only a matter of time before an OOBE occurs. i have a lot of the same experiences that you had Molly. about 3 weeks ago i really needed to tell my mother something and she later told me that i was blabbering in my sleep. but i was out of body and my Astral was talking to her and i couldn't get any voice to come out -- it was all a whisper and very hard to do. it's like the Astral body has difficulties doing what the physical body can do with ease.

Molly, do you have any idea how this happened to you?  Have you ever tried to repeat the experience?  Do you have any desire to experience that again?  Did it change your outlook on life in any way?

PD

It scared me to much to want to try again, I even avoided taking naps during the day in bed for a long time so it wouldn't happen again.  Although during the oobe nothing bad happened to me so perhaps it was fear of the unknown.

Molly :smitten:

bjunk,

i talked to someone at the mind gear today. his name is george. he asked me how i heard of them and i told them someone from a forum i visit. he asked which forum and i told him. he said that he's been getting quite a few calls from people on here. interesting. i am going to get a few CD's and i will get the sound & light machine next month. want to learn more about it. he doesn't have a machine that has the "ganzfeld" effect right now.

PD,

i had a unbelievable OOBE this morning. i will write it on my blog. basically my Astral legs started to lift out and was having troubles like usual getting the waist and rest of body out but someone came to me and literally pulled me right out of my body and soared through whatever we were flying toward really fast. so freaking fast. anyway, turns out he is a teacher. one of my teachers and he asked me to come tomorrow and then i was back in the physical. really short OOBE but well worth it. ;)

lately, basically i feel awful when i haven't had an OOBE. but that could be because i haven't slept at night for 22 days now. hard core insomnia. :(

pretty, I can really relate to hard core insomnia.  It is hell on earth.  I feel for you.  :therethere:  That's really interesting about your teacher you met during the OOBE.  Check back in tomorrow and let us know what happens!

bjunk,

i talked to someone at the mind gear today. his name is george. he asked me how i heard of them and i told them someone from a forum i visit. he asked which forum and i told him. he said that he's been getting quite a few calls from people on here. interesting. i am going to get a few CD's and i will get the sound & light machine next month. want to learn more about it. he doesn't have a machine that has the "ganzfeld" effect right now.

wow, that's great PD. you will really enjoy the machine. i know mine is great. i can only imagine how much better (feature wise..not quality wise) they are now 20 years later. yes, 20 years and mine still runs like brand new. very well made product and worth every penny. yes i referred a few other BB members over to mindgear....hey wait a minute, i sent them a lot of business...i'm gunna give em' a call tomorrow and see if i can get some free chit....hahaha..tc, bjunk.

bjunk,

wow, that's great PD. you will really enjoy the machine. i know mine is great. i can only imagine how much better (feature wise..not quality wise) they are now 20 years later. yes, 20 years and mine still runs like brand new. very well made product and worth every penny. yes i referred a few other BB members over to mindgear....hey wait a minute, i sent them a lot of business...i'm gunna give em' a call tomorrow and see if i can get some free chit....hahaha..tc, bjunk.

you should! george seemed very grateful towards you. he's a nice guy too. they have a clearance sale on the light & sound machines. he told me about HPP Hypno - Peripheral Lloyd Glauberman. i will be getting two of his CD's to help me get into theta and for other relaxment.

• 2 weeks later...

bjunk,

i ordered two CD's from george at mind gear. i ordered a few from Dr Lloyd Glauberman who does this hhp hypnotherapy. will let you know how they are. they are supposed to tell one side of the brain a story and the other side of the brain a similar story but it by-passes the logical mind and goes straight to subconscious. i like that idea a lot.

bjunk,

i ordered two CD's from george at mind gear. i ordered a few from Dr Lloyd Glauberman who does this hhp hypnotherapy. will let you know how they are. they are supposed to tell one side of the brain a story and the other side of the brain a similar story but it by-passes the logical mind and goes straight to subconscious. i like that idea a lot.

hi PD......i've never heard of Dr. Lloyd Glauberman or this technique. sort of sounds a little scary to me. especially if it works. kind of like 'brain washing.' why wouldn't you want your logical mind involved? subliminal suggestion is one thing but this sounds freaky. imo.  i'll do some reading about it though...bjunk.

heya PD, false alarm...Lloyd seems to be well known and very knowledgeable with great training and credentials..i hope the cd's help you!.....

yeah, i did some research about it i too also thought it kinda scary and like brain washing but that's what i want with a good person and good program. i'll try it out and let you know how i do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello good morning hypersensitive,

i hope that your withdrawals have cesed today is my 3rd week without any alprazolam, i still feel light tinnittus and uneasy if i dont have my alprazolam bottle in my pocket or purse if i go somehwere ,

ive been activating alot taking some vitamins they seem to have reduced my withdrawals the vitamins i take are magnesium, super vitamin B complex, potassium, vitamin E (very important to get more oxygen to brain),  omega 3 fish oil, and biotin (vit b7)and i drink a cup of chamomille tea, i occasioanlly take a zinc vitamin i dont want to overdo it with vitamin taking  so sometimes i dont take zinc or omega 3 , i hope that helps you or anyone reading this god bless you and enjoy your sunday,

katie