Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I made a silly comment

[ba...]

I recently made a silly comment on youtube of Heather Ashton giving a speech around 2005 2006 as most of you know shes like 80 years old

i said " how many mg of benzos would it take for Heather Ashton to look good to you"  :laugh::2funny:

I recently made a silly comment on youtube of Heather Ashton giving a speech around 2005 2006 as most of you know shes like 80 years old

i said " how many mg of benzos would it take for Heather Ashton to look good to you"  :laugh::2funny:

Babyangel,

Do you really think this is funny or silly????  The one person in this entire world who has taken the time, effort and determination to help people undergoing withdrawal from benzos. Until her publications came out there was virtually no help for people suffering due to benzos or withdrawal.  I shudder to think where I would be had I not found her resource and finally knew why I was so sick.

You owe not only Dr. Ashton an apology but the entire benzo withdrawal community.

pianogirl

Babyangel, your post is disgusting , prof. ashton and her research is a Life-saver.

how could you ?

please go and remove your post on you tube at once, you hear ?  >:(

[b6...]

Babyangel,

Do you really think this is funny or silly????  The one person in this entire world who has taken the time, effort and determination to help people undergoing withdrawal from benzos. Until her publications came out there was virtually no help for people suffering due to benzos or withdrawal.  I shudder to think where I would be had I not found her resource and finally knew why I was so sick.

You owe not only Dr. Ashton an apology but the entire benzo withdrawal community.

pianogirl

Agreed.  >:(

[1b...]

this was in poor taste and has insulted all BBs. U seem to be very young, and sometimes young people( I guess all of us, even, old) make poor decisions. I will forgive this if you apologize, and remove the post from youtube. Try to imagine being an older woman, one who has contributed greatly to help us here, and reading what u posted. Im cringing.

this was in poor taste and has insulted all BBs. U seem to be very young, and sometimes young people( I guess all of us, even, old) make poor decisions. I will forgive this if you apologize, and remove the post from youtube. Try to imagine being an older woman, one who has contributed greatly to help us here, and reading what u posted. Im cringing.

I agree Ingrid, the comment is insulting to all of us and especially to Professor Ashton who has made it her mission in life to help us all so very much.  This is not a youthful mistake, being 23 years old is plenty of time for a person to learn how to be kind.  I was finished with college by age 24 and teaching school. 

Babyangel, stop using your age as an excuse for your poor behavior.  This excuse does not wash.  :tickedoff:

I would suggest you read a book I read many years ago when I was about your age.  It is called "The Crone" by Barbara Walker.  Because believe it or not, one day you will look into a mirror and see an old women if you are lucky.  Hopefully you will also see the beauty and the wisdom one can only attain by living a long life. 

:smitten:

China

i want to appologize to people of benzo buddies and staff here i know im rather immature im autistic as well so im mentally impared somewhat and its hard for me to see things from another person's point of view when i misbehave

Babyangel, maybe you've been labeled with autism and mental impairment at some point in your life, but let's not be hiding behind the labels.  You're quite functional in my opinion … computer literate and able to navigate this forum competently, which is difficult for many people in benzo withdrawal.  You're held to the same standards of behavior as everyone else here.

Challis

well its hard to say how autistic i am i seem smart in some ways i always wanted to go to beauty school so i could work as a barber / hairstylist because i seem talented in doing this im also artistic good at drawing i showed some people here a drawing i made with a pencil im also quite computer savvy and people say i should get a job in ITtech or geek squad computer repair even with those talents i still have a "loose screw" in my head im sure most of you noticed before that im not very good at typing i misspell often because i try to type too fast my sentance structure isnt good either my punctuating doesnt exist run on sentances , etc.

im sure some of you had a chuckle especially if you show how i elaborated more in a profane way on youtube i got 5 replys on my comment so far i think it was just meant to be a joke im sorry again ill erase my comment what i said here i dont want to be disliked by the staff here

well its hard to say how autistic i am i seem smart in some ways i always wanted to go to beauty school so i could work as a barber / hairstylist because i seem talented in doing this im also artistic good at drawing i showed some people here a drawing i made with a pencil im also quite computer savvy and people say i should get a job in ITtech or geek squad computer repair even with those talents i still have a "loose screw" in my head im sure most of you noticed before that im not very good at typing i misspell often because i try to type too fast my sentance structure isnt good either my punctuating doesnt exist run on sentances , etc.

im sure some of you had a chuckle especially if you show how i elaborated more in a profane way on youtube i got 5 replys on my comment so far i think it was just meant to be a joke im sorry again ill erase my comment what i said here i dont want to be disliked by the staff here

No one got a chuckle of any kind babyangel, and you continue to make excuses for your poor behavior. Don't hide behind your "labels" and expect not to get called for saying things like you did.  When you say "profane", does this mean you were even more disrespectful.  I hardly see how that is possible.  Stop making excuses, you clearly knew what you were saying.

pianogirl

[b6...]

I'm not sure why you would think people got a chuckle. Did you not read the previous comments about how nobody appreciated one word of that?

If you're only sorry because you don't want staff to dislike you, you might want to evoke the apology.

If you sincerely would be sorry, I don't think you would have talked about how you were sure people got a chuckle out of it. IMO it just means you still think its funny.

It's truly an obnoxious thing to say.

Any idea how many lives are saved by the research of Dr. Ashton? If it was not for the Manual and all of her research, where would I be today?

Not here, that's for sure.

If you don't want people to dislike you because of your words, you might want to read them carefully before you post them.

i just saw something on the ashton taper i didnt understand

what does it mean when it mentions "adjuvant drugs"? i cant hear what shes sayijng i dont have speakers on this computer im using

i appologize again i wont say anything bad about Dr ashton anymore

well its hard to say how autistic i am

Have you actually been diagnosed with autism yet, baby?  Last time I asked you, you said you hadn't but thought you were autistic because you share similiarities with autistic people.

what does it mean when it mentions "adjuvant drugs"?

www.google.com

:)

well i been diagnosed with autisim by a MHMR psychiarist dr. im not sure whether to belive it or not becasue MHMR isnt a very good place its state funded help but in a way i feel like the dr is believeable because he has like 40 years experience (i researched the dr too) , i reasearched autisim a large portion approximatly 30-40% of autistic people have had issues with having seizures such as i have i hallucinate often too hearing faint voices that are not there ori have the urge to speak something out loud sometimes say a name a phrase usually

There are many levels of autism. I don't think it should necessarily be used as an excuse for plain rudeness. I'm really not sure why you felt the need to "boast" and "laugh" about your comment about Dr Ashton.

Yes, we all get older. Why are there those like you who feel this is some sort of sin or something to make fun of? Baby, one day you will be 80 (God willing) and I'm sure you won't appreciate anyone making such rude remarks. My mother is 81. She's lovely and kind and beautiful. Shame on you for these words and shame on you for making excuses for your words. Clearly they don't wash on this forum. There are times I truly wonder about your intentions here at BB.

why was this moved here and new topic created i oringally wrote this in an existing healther ashton thread

Your comment was not funny at all, it actually offended me. It seems your have gotten into trouble more than once on here for saying something you shouldn't have. At 23 years old its time to take responsibility --autistic or not. And if you know you have a problem with saying dumb things, maybe you should stop commenting and keep your "jokes" to yourself.

why was this moved here and new topic created i oringally wrote this in an existing healther ashton thread

Basically, it was moved here as a new thread because it was completely off topic.

I slipt-off all the off-topic posts in the Ashton Taper thread and moved it here to preserve the integrity of the other thread that was becoming derailed.

well i been diagnosed with autisim by a MHMR psychiarist dr. im not sure whether to belive it or not becasue MHMR isnt a very good place its state funded help but in a way i feel like the dr is believeable because he has like 40 years experience (i researched the dr too),

Interesting, so you're not actually sure yourself that you have autism?  You seem pretty sure you have it when you're in trouble for something on the forum.

I've searched all 560 of your posts for the words 'autistic' and 'autism' and the only times they've been mentioned is when you've been moderated, the first time being 2 months ago in the thread you started about being moderated and again in this thread. 

I certainly don't want to brow-beat you about autism, but I'm having a hard time being convinced there's a medical reason for the bother.

Why do I get the impression we're being played like a violin?

:-\

LOL, is this all you are worried about ? i would remove the post on you tube,

but obviously you have no intention to repair the damage. >:(

I certainly don't plan on seeking it out, but am I to understand that her comment on youtube still hasn't been deleted? So much for contrition. We’ll believe you’re sincere when you’ve deleted your comment babyangel.

I tend to agree with you Benzoid. It just seems to be one incident after another with babyangel.

I'm going to be the odd one out here, and maybe I'm being taken for a ride but, from what I can tell there isn't a reason to doubt Babyangel's autism (in fact, guys a lot of what she does kinda indicates autism).

I'm also going to be the odd one out because I don't think I do hold an autistic person to the same social standards I might expect from someone else. Sure I'd inform them they aren't being appropriate etc but I can't imagine being outraged by something thoughtless they did. It is kinda like being outraged with someone with schizophrenia for having hallucinations. She may not feel bad for insulting Professor Ashton, but if she does have autism she does genuinely have a cognitive deficit with empathy (a pre-requisite for feeling bad for someone else).

Just on hallucinations, this is a girl who describes herself as having them...

In any case Babyangel having autism may be a reason - though not an excuse - for some of your behaviors but it doesn't mean you can't learn social norms. If you can't feel bad for someone for instance then it might be best to stick to the rule: 'if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all'.

p.s.. BabyAngel.. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure hallucinations are not generally a feature of autism. It isn't that you can't have both. They could even be co-morbid. But one does not come from the other.