Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Benzo BEAUTY PARLOR

[Up...]

Good Morning lovely Ladies!

Hope you're all doing somewhat decent? Anything new going on with anyone?

Overcomer, that was exactly the point if this board, we cannot let the benzos have it all! The point is not really to worry about our makeup, but to engage at least a little in something we used to enjoy and to talk about something normal, perhaps even fun.

So you just put on your tinted moisturizer and show those symptoms who's the boss  :thumbsup:

On that note, I'm loving my NARS products more and more. Could you see on line perhaps VCharis?

Hugs ladies!  :mybuddy:

Yes ladies, definitely enjoying this thread.  Talking about something fun rather than dismal.

I checked out the 100% pure website but it is hard to pick our a color online for the tinted moisturizer.

OC  :smitten::hug:

Hello,

Today I finally dug out an eye pencil...for the first time in three years.

Thank you Ladies :)

spartacus

Good work Spartacus! Way to go!  :thumbsup:

But after three years is it not a bit too dry? And what color is it? Sorry, the beauty junkie in me wanted to know  ;D

Right now I totally need a pretty, possibly pink nail polish!  :laugh: only have transparent white at home...

Welcome to the club by the way  :smitten:

Good work Spartacus! Way to go!  :thumbsup:

But after three years is it not a bit too dry? And what color is it? Sorry, the beauty junkie in me wanted to know  ;D

Right now I totally need a pretty, possibly pink nail polish!  :laugh: only have transparent white at home...

Welcome to the club by the way  :smitten:

Hello Upsydaisy,

And thanks for the welcome.

It's an Estee Lauder, Double Wear, stay-in-place eye pencil and the colour is Onyx.

And yes, it is a bit dry...they all were. It took a couple of hours of searching and sharpening before I found one that could keep its end up.

In another window I am researching Nars...something brown not black...advanced Panda lookalike creeping up even now.

Any advice about mascara would be welcome :)

spartacus x

If you research Nars and are looking for something brown, take a look at the Larger Than Life long wear eyeliner in color Via Appia. A beautiful, rich, slightly shimmering deep copper brown. Breathtaking and elegant. Plus it will definitely not make you look like a panda!

Also their larger than life mascara delivers! Elsewhere I've had luck with lancome mascaras and diorshow overcurl!

Upsy

Many thanks Upsy.

Breathtaking and elegant would probably take more than an eyeliner but I will certainly give it a try :)

Be well,

spart x

I meant the color is breathtaking and elegant, but you'll get there too  ;) it really is a wonderful brown, the nars website does not render justice to it (looks too pale there).

Stay safe spart and hang in there!  :smitten:  :mybuddy:

I have always had a lot of trouble finding an eye liner that stays on all day and doesn't smudge.  I finally found one that I am very happy with and you can buy it almost anywhere (at least here in the U.S.A.).  It is Loreal Infallible (16 Hour Smudge-Proof) Eye Liner.  I use brown: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Eyeliner-Brow/Infallible-Never-Fail-Eyeliner.aspx?shade=Carbon-Black

Good evening ladies!

PD

Hey perfect daughter,

I found this eyeliner in the very small branch of Boots in my nearest town. Thank you :)

OK ladies, in the middle of tapering I developed hyperosmia...everything smelt and all smells were atrocious.

I abandoned all perfumes including my usual Chanel No 5 and Jo Malone, Lime Basil and Coriander, but not quick enough to avoid them becoming triggers for nausea.

Now I'm looking for replacements for both. I like citrus, sandalwood, light florals...Mitsouko, Guerlain was a favourite for a long time but too heavy now.

Any ideas?

spart x

Hmmm I love perfume but am not really an expert in it. I usually just buy what I like.

Personally I like floral and sweetish or fresh scents... Maybe if you try one of the many lighter versions of popular scents offered during the summer months? Those are usually lighter...

Hi there beauty parlor ladies!

How is it rollin'?

And to talk shop, I got such a beautiful summery pink nail polish the other day!  :smitten: anyone into a little manicuring?  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ladies, today won't be a makeup day for me. Will need to replenish my beauty sleep first. Hard to disguise sunken, bloodshot eyes...just thought I'd say hi! :sick:

Hugs,

:smitten:

• 5 months later...

Hello ladies.

Im also getting obsessed with make up...I guess im coming back to life....

I used to use ester lauder creams...but now with wd...all those antiaging products are tricky....

Im sticking to natural avene company that you get from pharmacy....

Also I got a gift from my husband Armani SI perfum....very nice smell....

My all times favoured product chanel skin illuminator.....

You get that skin like from covermagazine...

:smitten: