Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I reinstate?

[se...]

Guys ct'd 3 mgs bromazepam last Monday I had been taking for a month after switching to it from Ativan 1mg for two months.

My condition is very bad including suicidal ideation, insomnia, chills, nausea and I only slept for about 6 hours during the last three days.  Pretty desperate and I am going to visit a psychiatrist although I do not want to.  I really need to calm down and was considering reinstating and taking a 1.5 mgs mgs bromazepam pill to see what happens and to get some sleep.  But I had actually stopped taking the bromazepam because it was not working anymore and it had a paradoxical effect on me actually increasing my anxiety at some point. However, today I am noticing something weird.  The metallic taste I had in my mouth, the smell of the stuff in my nose and the feeling I had of the Brozamepam in my stomach and chest appear to be subsiding somehwat. But I fear this may be the prelude of something very bad about to happen in terms of withdrawal effects that may include other symptoms ane I am totally scared.

What should I do?  Should I try to get back on the bromazepam for a couple of days or could it possibly drive me completely mad if I do?  Help. 

I had actually stopped taking the bromazepam because it was not working anymore and it had a paradoxical effect on me actually increasing my anxiety at some point.

I believe you answer your own question here. Jumping back on and off is a good way to make this ordeal even more painful.

I stopped because the stuff was making me feel worse the longer I tried to take it as it was prescrived. No way I could have tapered down over months or years, impossible. Just sharing this so you know it can be done. Had all the symptoms you list and many more, all are quite normal. Even the weird tastes and smells.

If you are able to go back on and feel stable enough to do a taper, that would be great. If it's making you too sick, than that might not be possible. I see people on BB seem to almost always recommend a slow taper, but they also seem to be people that can somewhat tolerate the drug. They are able to "stabalize" at a dose. The drug actually worked for them at some point. For people like me this crap made me sick from the start. NO periods of being stable. How are you supposed to taper from that? But it was my last resort so I tried it for a long time before throwing my hands in the air and saying to hell with all of it. Cold-turkey, done.

It's a tough choice to consider reinstating, unless you have no choice. Then you stay off and move ahead praying that healing comes one day. The good news is whatever you choose, you will heal either way (as long as you do taper off and stay off).  :thumbsup:

That is exactly my problem!

Some people actually seem to work well for a while or even a long time while on the medication.  They even speak about doing exercise which for me right now seems to impossible.

This stuff just made me very sick from the get go.  I cannot function on it and I cannot function off it.  The problem is that I am the main caretaker in my home and functionality at this point has to come before health.  And I am not at all encouraged by other people on the forum who have tried taking ADs to deal with the withdrawal and be functional or who reinstated on other benzos.  We all seem to be pretty much up shits creek.

Some people actually seem to work well for a while or even a long time while on the medication.  They even speak about doing exercise which for me right now seems to impossible.

This stuff just made me very sick from the get go.  I cannot function on it and I cannot function off it.  The problem is that I am the main caretaker in my home and functionality at this point has to come before health.  And I am not at all encouraged by other people on the forum who have tried taking ADs to deal with the withdrawal and be functional or who reinstated on other benzos.  We all seem to be pretty much up shits creek.

I had regained "top earner" status in our household as well (my wife and I go back and forth), but during w/d there really isn't much choice in the matter. Just could barely work at all, couple hours a week. We are now in heavier debt and had to borrow money to survive. I could not function on benzos, and haven't been functioning too great off of them.

This may not come across as the most encouraging message, but health pushes it's way ahead of functionality for some of us in w/d. I read about all kinds of folks here who's body could tolerate tapering. Continued living life, working, etc..... That wasn't in the cards for me. Only no longer trying to tolerate the benzo and time have helped me.

If we got in a bad car accident or had cancer, etc.... then our health would of course come before functionality. This feels pretty damn similar. It's a tough path we are forced to follow, but in time things will improve. We just need to stay alive and let it happen. Sorry for the wishy-washy message, this stuff is so frustrating. I hope you get some kind of solution or plan sorted out soon that works for you!  :thumbsup:

I just cannot believe how quickly these drugs can ruin a person's life. Unbelievable destruction.  I am starting to believe benzos should be illegal altogether.  I mean, even for cases of extreme anxiety where people cannot function I believe they would be better off getting prescribed old anti-depressants.  Even those are better than benzos. 

Seekfreedom,

I am on Pristique (an antidepressant) and I know it has helped me through the tough times. It would be worth checking into it. Good luck !

Patrick

I had regained "top earner" status in our household as well (my wife and I go back and forth), but during w/d there really isn't much choice in the matter. Just could barely work at all, couple hours a week. We are now in heavier debt and had to borrow money to survive. I could not function on benzos, and haven't been functioning too great off of them.

This may not come across as the most encouraging message, but health pushes it's way ahead of functionality for some of us in w/d. I read about all kinds of folks here who's body could tolerate tapering. Continued living life, working, etc..... That wasn't in the cards for me. Only no longer trying to tolerate the benzo and time have helped me.

If we got in a bad car accident or had cancer, etc.... then our health would of course come before functionality. This feels pretty damn similar. It's a tough path we are forced to follow, but in time things will improve. We just need to stay alive and let it happen. Sorry for the wishy-washy message, this stuff is so frustrating. I hope you get some kind of solution or plan sorted out soon that works for you!  :thumbsup:

I could not agree with you more I think I ll be on the streets in March of 2014 just do not have to pay my Mortgage for two month and face foreclosure. 

They come take my both cars, and cut the electricity and all that good stuff so keep you guys updated on my status

I am looking forward to this oh yeah Section 8 and Obama care babay

Bnzfr7

I have had very bad (I mean bad) reactions to anti-depressants in the past and I am terrified of them.  I had severe withdrawal effects from getting off one but it was a cakewalk compared to what I am experiencing now. 

The best course of action may be to discuss this with your doctor before making any further med changes. Reinstatement works. I've done it twice myself, the details are in my signature. You could reinstate and doa proper taper.

If you are concerned about self harm, please reach out for help. 

Metallic taste in your mouth is a side effect of benzo withdrawal, or can be according to Ashton.

If you are concerned that your symptoms are a serious health problems, please have a doctor check you out. I shared this fear and have been tested many times to prove I'm ok.

If your tests come out fine, you are in benzo withdrawal.

I wish you all the best.  :smitten:

(Seekfreedom,

I am on Pristique (an antidepressant) and I know it has helped me through the tough times. It would be worth checking into it. Good luck !

Patrick).

I second the Antidepressant. I don't know which will work for you but Remeron helped me sleep, eat and took away depression and anxiety to about half. That is on the first dose.ive been off it for 3 months now.  I'm in the worse wave yet at 9 months off- not sleeping severe anxiety, I broke down and took a very small dose of Remeron last night- slept great, not proud of it but I needed to sleep.  There is no need to fear all meds- some can help.