Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Eyelid slowly shifting side to side. Feels like in constant spasm.

[ma...]

My right eyelid has been moving slowly side to side for 6 weeks now.  It feels like it is in near constant spasm.  I have extremely uncomfortable symptoms in my ears and face on that side and it feels like it is stretching into the corner of my eyelid and causing this symptom.  When my eyes are open it often stops, but when I blink the slow side to side shifting starts up again.

Some days it is hard to convince myself that this is related to withdrawal.  It is just so bizarre and persistent and unrelenting.  The face symptoms are so intense and it is overwhelmingly right sided, which also seems very strange.

I have the side to side stuff right through my whole body - constant pulling from side to side.

It makes me want to scream my head off.

I don't think it is withdrawal.

I've been off benzos for years and only recently got the eyelid-thing. I guess in my case it's unrelated to benzos but probably has to do with stress.

bump, please help.  this symptom is driving me absolutely insane.  it feels like my eye is getting dry and sore because of it now.  has been nearly 2 months.