Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sudden sharp involuntary intake of breath

[Be...]

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this at any point..

I'm just a year off and in the last month or so have begun making these sudden exaggerated sharp intakes of breath.  More pronounced when lying down..

Anyone?

Many thanks.. xxxx  :)

I had the feeling while tapering that my brain would 'forget' to breathe, and then I would take a big gasp of air. That was about as scared as I ever want to be. Happened a few times during sleep as well, so I slept on an incline with 2 pillows for a while and that seemed to help. Hope this goes away for you soon. It is not fun.

Thanks for your response, believing..

Yes, I have that "forgetting" to breath sensation and then take a deep breath..at the moment the intake is so sharp I sound as if I've had the most awful shock/fright.. I'm reassured that it is recovery/withdrawal and will leave it be for the moment.

Thank you so much.

xxxx :)

Hi dear Betsy!!!

Actually I had this symptom as well and it started later for me too.  Mine was like a short gasp rather than a deep inhale.  As with all things withdrawal, it faded away with time.

PG  :smitten:

It's so weird that you mention this because this just happened to me this morning. And it made a strange sound too. This withdrawal is so strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply...

It is reassuring to learn that others have experienced/ are experiencing the same.

Yup, this withdrawal is so very strange..

Have a good night,

Hugs,

Betsy xxxx :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [Es...]
    • [te...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [da...]