Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Moo, I still havent heard back about my refills even though the doc said she would. Im hoping to hear back this week. When ( not if, trying to think positive) she does I think I will ask for name brand. Even without insurance I should be able to shop around and get it affordably I would think?

I've heard the name brand is pretty expensive but I've never priced it myself.  I think if you could just get matching generics you would be OK.  Plus if you change to name brand from what you are doing now, that might upset the balance of things as well.  Just a thought.

Moo, I still havent heard back about my refills even though the doc said she would. Im hoping to hear back this week. When ( not if, trying to think positive) she does I think I will ask for name brand. Even without insurance I should be able to shop around and get it affordably I would think?

Hey Kittybean !

I think name brand Valium is throughout he roof. I have tapered with Mylan ( which seems to be seen here as the icky one, but to me they all are) which was about 4 dollars for a refill of 120 tabs of 2 mgr.

I think Teva isn't far off from that price, either.

Wasn't it you who said brand name was over 100 dollars ?  :sick:

I think...just pick one and stick to it. Then you know you got the same thing each time.

Kitty, I agree with Moo. Just pick a brand of generic (maybe the one you are using now) and stick with it. I used TEVA throughout my taper. I had no idea whether it was a good or bad generic but wiser heads than mine suggested sticking with the same generic, so I did. It worked out fine. My pharmacy had a note as to which brand I preferred, and always came through (of course I checked also).

Hope this helps.

Pretty sure they allow for a 30% variance in potency for all generics, especially benzos. Probably why some generics seem better than others, also if we believe one generic is not as good...it won't be. Happy to find a valium support group. As far as the brand name, are you talking about "roche" brand, because I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore.  :-\

Pretty sure they allow for a 30% variance in potency for all generics, especially benzos. Probably why some generics seem better than others, also if we believe one generic is not as good...it won't be. Happy to find a valium support group. As far as the brand name, are you talking about "roche" brand, because I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore.  :-\

Hi VHNM, welcome to the Valium thread .

Yes, for as far as I know, Roche stopped ( or will stop) manufacturing all their hypnotic drug brand all together.

It's been discussed many times here , which drug is " best", but I had no idea about all the different generics and just got prescribed cheapie Mylan. And I did my whole taper with it. Never had a problem with the that.

As Katz said above, Kittybean...just stick to one.

Hope everyone else is doing okay today. :smitten:

Hey Kittybean !

I think name brand Valium is throughout he roof. I have tapered with Mylan ( which seems to be seen here as the icky one, but to me they all are) which was about 4 dollars for a refill of 120 tabs of 2 mgr.

I think Teva isn't far off from that price, either.

Wasn't it you who said brand name was over 100 dollars ?  :sick:

I think...just pick one and stick to it. Then you know you got the same thing each time.

My doc wanted me on Restoril before I pleaded with her to swap me to valium. The 7.5 restoril was over $150.00. The valium I think cash price was listed at 35.00 at Wal mart which for a generic is crazy high but I had insurance so it was 3? Now Im going to start pricing it around but I will just stick to one brand. Apparently Wal Mart management can decide whether to honor discounts, coupons etc on what they think are " bad" drugs. I had no idea. They refused to honor my Good RX price coupon, said it was " management discretion".

I would like to think 10 mg valium would cover my xanax total, I bet my doc would be a little more likely to answer me if I wasnt asking for a difficult script. But she asked. I was on xanax .6 ish and ambien about 2.5 when I exploded. I see a lot of people dont need to go up as far as their equivalent. It would be nice. Glad you are getting through ok Hope!!

I would like to think 10 mg valium would cover my xanax total, I bet my doc would be a little more likely to answer me if I wasnt asking for a difficult script. But she asked. I was on xanax .6 ish and ambien about 2.5 when I exploded. I see a lot of people dont need to go up as far as their equivalent. It would be nice. Glad you are getting through ok Hope!!

Yes hopefully you can get by with lower, but only time will tell. I tried, but ended up on the exact Ashton equivalent, crossed over from 0.75 X to 15 mg V in the end. Now it's just the slow trek downward for me!

My 2 mg pill was Teva and the 5 is ACT which I guess is actavis. It feels totally different. Theres just no way its the difference in the dose- its the pill- it feels like a whole different drug.

Hello, sorry to crash your thread. I didn't know where to post this question: has anyone tried liquid Valium and had good results with it? Just looking for some options. Thank you

Hi! Well, some have and some (like me) can't tolerate it.  I found a middle ground by doing a liquid titration with whole milk. You could try it out in combination with 2mg pills so that the largest portion of liquid you'd have to take is 1mg and then see how your body feels.

--Edzo

Hello, sorry to crash your thread. I didn't know where to post this question: has anyone tried liquid Valium and had good results with it? Just looking for some options. Thank you

Yes, many, many, many here have tried liquid Valium.

Do you mean the Roxane liquid ?the pharma grade one?

Some people titrate their own liquid, other used compounded liquid ( like myself ) .

There are many options . Liquid gives you the benefit of cutting tiny amounts daily. As opposed to cutting an then holding larger amounts.

It is a great method, allowing you to go as fast or slow as you want and holds are easy to implement as well when you feel an increase in symptoms.

Are you looking into a daily taper then?

Welcome to the thread, by the way.

Thank you for the replies Edzo and Moo. Yes, I meant the liquid Valium  pharma grade one. Cutting Valium pills resulted too messy as they disintegrate easily. Thanks again!

Hello everybody,  hi mOO,

I read this in a webniste:

By allowing panic, I began my healing.  By inviting panic, I learned to overcome it.  And by counting panic as a success, I achieved my cure.

someone wrote that link and It was a great experience,  this website really helps:

http://www.paniccure.com/

hope help someone, It helped me a lot.

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:;) ;)

Hello everybody,  hi mOO,

I read this in a webniste:

By allowing panic, I began my healing.  By inviting panic, I learned to overcome it.  And by counting panic as a success, I achieved my cure.

someone wrote that link and It was a great experience,  this website really helps:

http://www.paniccure.com/

hope help someone, It helped me a lot.

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:;) ;)

Hey Tex!

Yes, that's good stuff. I also learned : the more you fight it, the harder it clings to you.

Hope you're still gong string.

Hi Linda,

Im using liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml and I can tolerate it, its easy to dillute with water and no need refrigeration you can take with you wherever you go.  I know everyone is different because i couldnt take milk have stomach upset.  Give it a try or you have another option to use milk.

goodluck, mcm

Don't know if it's because it's gloomy out, or what but I  just not feeling great at all today. Maybe it has to do with knowing I'm going n back to work soon. I dunno. I'm trying to watch comedy on tv but nothing seems to funny. I've downloaded some new music, but don't really dig any of it. Hopefully my workout later will help boost some norepinephrine ! I'm hopeful, not depressed just feel kinda, blah. Maybe the time change is messing with me, usually  takes a few days to get used to. Maybe that's it. Anybody else feel like that today?

Don't know if it's because it's gloomy out, or what but I  just not feeling great at all today. Maybe it has to do with knowing I'm going n back to work soon. I dunno. I'm trying to watch comedy on tv but nothing seems to funny. I've downloaded some new music, but don't really dig any of it. Hopefully my workout later will help boost some norepinephrine ! I'm hopeful, not depressed just feel kinda, blah. Maybe the time change is messing with me, usually  takes a few days to get used to. Maybe that's it. Anybody else feel like that today?

valiumheadnomore,

I feel that way too. Could be the time change, could be the change in weather, lots more mold and such in the air coming off the warming ground.

If your just going back to work soon, well, no doubt that could be a big part.

Try not to see it as a negative but a positive. Your getting your routine back on line and that's a great thing.

Negative thoughts about it will only sabotage your recovery, Right!

Try to find some quiet peaceful music. Download some peaceful Japanese flute music or such. It may be a little while before your interests fully return to baseline.

Personally, I practice meditation while listening to this gentle music and find it relaxing.

All the power to you, peace & healing.

:thumbsup:

ATU

You're  totally right, it's a very big positive. I'm not really worried as much as excited I guess. I want to see how well I work without benzos  in my system. I've had a lot of people tell me how well I look. People who don't even know what gas been going on. They just see and hear a new person. Usually does take a little while to adjust after time change too, thanks!

Hi All!

So here's a question for those of you who have managed to successfully slay the dragon.  Which would you say is worse: 1) The toughest part of your taper or 2) The actual withdrawal that occurs after the taper is complete?

Just wondering what fun I have in store for me?

Thanks!

--Edzo

valiumheadnomore, Conrats!! you made it.  how you feeling when you finish your taper.  hope for your fast recovery.  and tell us how you mange it because many of us here are still tapering and waiting for some motivation.

regards, mcm

Mcm, thank alot! It is nice just to be able to function after being literally controlled by those devil pills. Things do get better, it comes in waves, at first the waves have large peaks and huge valleys, then they start to settle with not so high peaks and more shallow valleys. Life is hard and since weve been taking these substances it takes some time to fully recover. I have to tell myself all the time that these dealings will pass.that "normal" people have crappy days too, they have nights when they do not get alot of sleep too. Stayng positive and exercising  are key too. You can do it, keep going! :thumbsup:

Hi All!

So here's a question for those of you who have managed to successfully slay the dragon.  Which would you say is worse: 1) The toughest part of your taper or 2) The actual withdrawal that occurs after the taper is complete?

Just wondering what fun I have in store for me?

Thanks!

--Edzo

The toughest part of my taper, for sure.

And it has been tough.

You never know what is in store. I expected the acute phase but it never happened. You can just never tell. I had some seriously very crappy days after jumping ( not right after, just coming and going at different times) but nothing like my taper.

Don't expect things to get worse! But also don't be surprised if things stay patchy for some time.

:smitten: