Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Three weeks sounds good bets, but see how you do.  Since you are on a higher dosage you might not need to hold so long.  I hope you can breeze right through it.  It has been a rough ride so far for me but I am also on other meds that have to be tapered and I am getting hit hard.  Hope you do well and any help I can offer I will but I'm new at this also.  I will go to LT myself soon but I'm holding right now as I got slammed this last cut.

[glow=red,2,300]Bets.[/glow] just wanted to give a shout out to Freeme, if not for her telling me about

my percentages going up, I would be in a world of trouble, and she told me twice, before I was able to process what she was trying to tell me, her

judgement is good, and I am glad that she was persistent with me, you know I kinda have a hard head. I owe her my sanity and much more. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::hug::smitten:  Aww, you are so sweet Begood.  I only pointed out the obvious but sometimes we don't see it because we are feeling so bad.  I'm just glad I could help you,new as I am to this, because you have helped me so much with your wonderful and caring spirit. 

Hi BG and FM:

I guess I can join this  :hug: support group. Free, I am going to use your initials because they are by favorite band. Hope you don't mind. Yes, I am going to do a progressive taper and I have the instructions. Whether I can figure them out is another thing altogether. I guess my plan, since I am on such a high dose, is to cut every two weeks at first, see how it goes, and then perhaps do it every three weeks. I was amazed when I read that someone was dropping by .1 mg a month. If that would be my case, please throw my Valium into my coffin. :D

Bets,

I crossed over from xanax to 50 mg Valium and dropped 1 mg every two weeks until 9 mg and then started micro taper from a schedule Builder set up for me.  I am at 3.75 mg now and ok.  So far only a few mental symptoms and fatigue ... no bad physical symptoms.

I know you have had problems in the past but think you can go a little faster untill you get somewhat lower.

Wish you the best, Phoebe

Bets,

I crossed over from xanax to 50 mg Valium and dropped 1 mg every two weeks until 9 mg and then started micro taper from a schedule Builder set up for me.  I am at 3.75 mg now and ok.  So far only a few mental symptoms and fatigue ... no bad physical symptoms.

I know you have had problems in the past but think you can go a little faster untill you get somewhat lower.

Phoebe:

Thanks. :smitten: But I am dropping 3.5 mg the first time every two weeks, not only 1 mg. That is 5% of my total dose. If I were to drop 1 mg every two weeks, then I would be tapering forever, wouldn't I? Am I going too fast? BTW, I did not have any problems in the past. My K taper went smooth as silk. And being off for more than 10 weeks, my only symptom through this whole ordeal has been dry eyes. I am just scared that 3.5 mg is too much. I think my K taper was very easy because I had my Valium as the back up drug. I'm just sooooooooooo confused about this whole Val thing. I want to catch it quick before it is too late. :-\

Bets,

U r doing great.  I wish you much luck.  U r so smart (read some of your blog and enjoyed), thus I know you will choose wisely!

Phoebe

Bets,

One possibility is to just drop 2mg on the first cut and see how you feel. If all is good in the hood, as they say, you could increase to a 3.5mg cut. At that point, just let your body tell you what to do. I started at 15mg and the first set of 5 or 6mg cuts were easy peasy.  Now that I'm down to 6mg, things are considerably more challenging. I began the microtaper (milk titration) at 7mg because cut and hold was too overwhelming for me. Hopefully, you have a good long while until you hit the proverbial wall.

Best,

Edzo

Phoebe:

Thanks. :smitten: But I am dropping 3.5 mg the first time every two weeks, not only 1 mg. That is 5% of my total dose. If I were to drop 1 mg every two weeks, then I would be tapering forever, wouldn't I? Am I going too fast? BTW, I did not have any problems in the past. My K taper went smooth as silk. And being off for more than 10 weeks, my only symptom through this whole ordeal has been dry eyes. I am just scared that 3.5 mg is too much. I think my K taper was very easy because I had my Valium as the back up drug. I'm just sooooooooooo confused about this whole Val thing. I want to catch it quick before it is too late. :-\

Hi,

I posted in the forum but nobody answered. I adjusted to the liquid and was doing fine. I tapered at .02 for the last 45 days. I hit the 1.5mg mark and my sleep went terrible. Now I can hardly sleep and feel worse. I have been holding for the past few days. Is this normal for daily tapering? For it to take 45 days to hit me? I am assuming that after I hold for a bit I will feel better? Will it be ok to keep tapering at .02 after that? I really dont want to taper any slower. I have been at this 3 years now

Bets,

One possibility is to just drop 2mg on the first cut and see how you feel. If all is good in the hood, as they say, you could increase to a 3.5mg cut. At that point, just let your body tell you what to do. I started at 15mg and the first set of 5 or 6mg cuts were easy peasy.  Now that I'm down to 6mg, things are considerably more challenging. I began the microtaper (milk titration) at 7mg because cut and hold was too overwhelming for me. Hopefully, you have a good long while until you hit the proverbial wall.

Best,

Edzo

Phoebe:

The best streak of my taper was between 8.5 and 3.75.

That is where I hit that wall.

I also started at 15 mgr Valium . ( after crossing over from Ativan ).

MeWilson,

You are quite a bit further along than I am. However, .02 over 45 days doesn't just "sneak up" on you. Rather it becomes a relatively larger percentage of your current daily dose.  I wouldn't be thrilled about moving down in cut from .02 either, but your body will be the boss of that. Be patient, you've come this far. Keep in mind that I've seen quite a few jumps at .5mg in signature panels as well, so maybe you don't have as far to go as you may think.

Best of luck and stay strong,

Edzo

Bets,

Best,

Edzo

Phoebe:

I could use a streak like that!  :laugh:  Were things rough on you at 9, 10, and 11mg? Or was it fairly easy all the way down to 3.75?

Thanks,

Edzo

Bets,

Best,

Edzo

Phoebe:

I could use a streak like that!  :laugh:  Were things rough on you at 9, 10, and 11mg? Or was it fairly easy all the way down to 3.75?

Thanks,

Edzo

Well, no... I wouldn't exactly call it easy. But it was my best tapering phase. I guess what I tried to say here is that it won't have to be bad for others on the same dose, at a certain mgr.

As lots of people might start to expect it. Just like I expected acute after my jump, which didn't happen. Not that I felt great. But certainly not acute.

I did some dry cuts before that and got slammed each time. Then I started liquid and felt kind of pretty crummy every day but not slammed for weeks, trying to catch my breath. More of an overall Blegh feeling daily

It was tolerable. And by tolerable I mean I could function around the house.

It was okay for me to keep cutting by 0.05 throughout that period , daily with a planned hold every fourth day. Is what I did.

I guess , looking back I could have just kept going and cut smaller , without holds, but this is what I did.

I think maybe my taper could have been easier if I had not been impatient like I am.

It may sound silly but I do not recall exactly how I felt on higher doses. That may sound weird but things seem to be kind of blurry. I just know I felt constant terror and I didn't sleep.

I guess the craziness of it all...out brain does us a favor and can not recall the feeling exactly.

At 3.75 it returned to worse than I was between the 8.5 and 3.75

There I really had to slow down for a while, being so very scared of thing getting like " that" again.

Then I held for a bit, cut less often and then resumed with 0.05 cuts daily, with more regular holds.

And then under 1.5 ( or so) I just cut according to how I felt. No more plan.

Although I did push it often, which I now regret.

( ;D)

Bets,

Best,

Edzo

Phoebe:

Thanks,

Edzo

Well, no... I wouldn't exactly call it easy. But it was my best tapering phase. I guess what I tried to say here is that it won't have to be bad for others on the same dose, at a certain mgr.

As lots of people might start to expect it. Just like I expected acute after my jump, which didn't happen. Not that I felt great. But certainly not acute.

I did some dry cuts before that and got slammed each time. Then I started liquid and felt kind of pretty crummy every day but not slammed for weeks, trying to catch my breath. More of an overall Blegh feeling daily

It was tolerable. And by tolerable I mean I could function around the house.

It was okay for me to keep cutting by 0.05 throughout that period , daily with a planned hold every fourth day. Is what I did.

I guess , looking back I could have just kept going and cut smaller , without holds, but this is what I did.

I think maybe my taper could have been easier if I had not been impatient like I am.

It may sound silly but I do not recall exactly how I felt on higher doses. That may sound weird but things seem to be kind of blurry. I just know I felt constant terror and I didn't sleep.

I guess the craziness of it all...out brain does us a favor and can not recall the feeling exactly.

At 3.75 it returned to worse than I was between the 8.5 and 3.75

There I really had to slow down for a while, being so very scared of thing getting like " that" again.

Then I held for a bit, cut less often and then resumed with 0.05 cuts daily, with more regular holds.

And then under 1.5 ( or so) I just cut according to how I felt. No more plan.

Although I did push it often, which I now regret.

( ;D)

How do you feel now, 5 months off?

:o

Did anyone during a crossover ever switch to a different strength of pill and notice a BIG difference? I feel safe my math in changing from a 2 mg to a 5 mg pill was ok because SG did my math for me- Lord knows I can barely count my own fingers on my best days. But I switched 2 nights ago and Im doing an every other day equal step cross from xanax to valium and this is a big difference. Im about a quarter crossed over now so maybe its just where Im at or if its because its 2 different generic brands. Anyone else had this happen?  :o

Moo:

What was your starting point when you began to cut .05 every three days? Where is that sig of yours?

Bets

Bets, I started my valium taper at 15 mgr.

And right from the start, I cut 0.05 Daily. with  a hold every fourth day.

:o

Did anyone during a crossover ever switch to a different strength of pill and notice a BIG difference? I feel safe my math in changing from a 2 mg to a 5 mg pill was ok because SG did my math for me- Lord knows I can barely count my own fingers on my best days. But I switched 2 nights ago and Im doing an every other day equal step cross from xanax to valium and this is a big difference. Im about a quarter crossed over now so maybe its just where Im at or if its because its 2 different generic brands. Anyone else had this happen?  :o

I have heard of people having problems with switching up generics as the concentration of V can vary between generics.  I was on 5 mg pills only for my crossover but now that I'm tapering I use a mix of 5 and 2 mg pills to make my cuts.  They are both Actavis brand generic, and I don't seem to have a problem with this.  I just make sure when I go to the pharmacy they always give me the same generic brand to stay consistent.  You may be able to take your unused pills to the pharmacy and ask to switch them to the generic you were on with the 2 mg pills.  Or ask your doctor to specifically write a script for that generic brand. 

I think I will ask for name brand, this is not a good time to be messing with the amount going in my brain... Thanks! This stuff makes me feel stoned. Not just tired but STONED.

I think I will ask for name brand, this is not a good time to be messing with the amount going in my brain... Thanks! This stuff makes me feel stoned. Not just tired but STONED.

IMO, consistency is he most important during your taper. And switching brands can be problematic for some people. I stuck to one brand only, as do most people, because of that.

Moo, I still havent heard back about my refills even though the doc said she would. Im hoping to hear back this week. When ( not if, trying to think positive) she does I think I will ask for name brand. Even without insurance I should be able to shop around and get it affordably I would think?