Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Totally hear you guys on the gut issues. My gut issues are so bad. Cramping, tightness, periods of nausea. Last night I crushed one of my pills and weighed out my dose of 0.019 grams. I put it in a tablespoon of chocolate pudding. I can’t say I noticed any difference. My dreams were pretty vivid. I’m experimenting with the crushed version for the next 3 nights then back to my shaved off pill. As long as I can weigh I should be ok. Hope everyone is feeling good enough to enjoy the holidays.

Jackie  :smitten:

Totally hear you guys on the gut issues. My gut issues are so bad. Cramping, tightness, periods of nausea. Last night I crushed one of my pills and weighed out my dose of 0.019 grams. I put it in a tablespoon of chocolate pudding. I can’t say I noticed any difference. My dreams were pretty vivid. I’m experimenting with the crushed version for the next 3 nights then back to my shaved off pill. As long as I can weigh I should be ok. Hope everyone is feeling good enough to enjoy the holidays.

what is the difference between crushing and shaving?In both case, it is powder,isnt it?

Hi June, the difference is when I crush the pills and take out my dose the medication is more evenly distributed. Cutting the pill down by shaving off a little to get my dose might only give me a little if any of the medication. After this 2 weeks since I already cut my pills I will be crushing instead. I can tell today the difference. At least it feels that way today. I watched a YouTube video about crushing them and I think I’m at the point now to do this.

[0a...]
I'm wondering what some of the symptoms are you developed while on remeron? At this point, I don't know if its from benzo withdrawal or from remeron?

I know. It is so hard to tell. So far the lower I get in my dose the less severe my Remeron withdrawal symptoms seem to be. This does not make sense to me. It makes me wonder if I am getting further put from my Xanax jump date last year. I am worried that my symptoms will start worsening once I get below 7.5 mg. I guess time will tell I will be there in 6-8 weeks at my current rate.

My sxs have been getting worse the lower I go it seems. Last night I woke up at 1:30 and had to get up I felt so bad. Hard to describe how I was feeling. Stiff, achy, toxic, sedated, just crummy all over. Something bizarre is going on in my brain while asleep. :o  After about 30 minutes the discomfort eased and I went back to bed only to awaken at 630 feeling horrible again. Got up, stretched, had a coffee and it eased up again. I’ve no idea what’s going on for sure and this is 22 days since my last cut.

I’m getting ready to drop to 1mg. It still seems like this is going to go on forever. So close but still far away. I expect sxs to still be with me for some time after I’ve taken my final dose.  :tickedoff:

[0a...]
I was wondering if anyone has developed constant heart palpitations and trouble breathing a few months into taking Remeron?  I'm a year off benzos and this heart stuff is new to me.  Don't know if its the benzos or remeron. 

i have been taking 7.5 Mirtazapine. off and on for 30 days, and only 10 pills of 7.5.      i even cut the 7.5 in half.    to sleep.  so, 10 pills over 30 day period. 7.5 mg.    now, my question is this, do i have to taper off that.  or can i just quit. because i want off them. i read the side effects and no thanks.  bad news.  please, can anyone help me. i was only on a tiny bit.  can i just stop them?  please and thankyou for any info.  they did help me sleep. :(  but..i don't like them.  i feel like i have the flu.  and dizzy.  don't need to be withdrarwing off both this and Ativan.        so, summary...10 pills is all i took in a 30 day period i have quit theem.    7.5 mg.  TEN PILLS.  thankyou.  do i need to taper? 

In my opinion I would just stop. A taper would likely just cause a dependency that may not even exist yet. Can’t say whether or not you will have withdrawal symptoms or not. All I can say is what I would do. I would just stop and if I had symptoms so be it and I would ride it out. I don’t think you will feel much though from stopping this kind of sporadic use. That’s my two cents.

I was wondering if anyone has developed constant heart palpitations and trouble breathing a few months into taking Remeron?  I'm a year off benzos and this heart stuff is new to me.  Don't know if its the benzos or remeron.

yes, i had them for a while. it was suggested to wait until the end and surely they did pass. my big prob is in these days is debilitating anx...

Well guys, I'm back on here. After tapering remeron successfully and off for couple of months, I'm back on due o a stressfully and shocking event of witnessing my grandpa die. It was traumatizing and I couldn't sleep, I began having weird sensations as I was trying to sleep so I resorted To taking 3 mg remeron. I don't know if I should taper or just stop taking? I feel terrible. Any advice appreciated

I am so sorry for your lose. If you have used them under 10 ten days or such a small time i think you can jump with small trouble. But this is just my opinion.

I managed to get some sleep last night without taking anything but don't know if it's because some of the remeron still had some effect on me from the night before? Since it takes a few days for it to be completely out of your system. Crossing fingers for tonight

Hi Ptsd, so sorry about your grandpa. How long have you been back on the Remeron this time? Also glad you were able to sleep last night.

Hello Everyone. PTSD I’m sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sorry that it threw you a curve ball. I think Jackie is right. If you only took one dose I wouldn’t start a taper all over again. Wishing you the best.

I’m now down to 1mg. I’m waking up every day in great discomfort and feeling bad most the day most days. I’m having a fair amount of body pain. I didn’t want to be miserable on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I took a50mg tab of tramadol each night before. I have to say it made a world of difference. I don’t know what tramadol relieves that mirtazapine causes if that makes sense. But I don’t dare take tramadol every night. Don’t need another drug to taper off of. But the pain, stiffness, aching and upset gut is wearing me out. I have to admit I’ve been tempted to say to hell with it and go back on a maintenance dose. But I won’t. I’ve come to far through to much misery to give up now. I’m curious if any of you know have others here complained about muscle and body pain from tapering. I’m having no psych Sxs, mine are all physical. Amazing how it can affect people so differently.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Wishing you all well being and peace. happy new year.

Pokey

Thanks pokey and Jackie. I will continue to not taper and see what happens

I also have bad back and muscle pain over the past few months, but dunno if it's from benzo or remeron. It truly sucks and nothing seems to help much. It's like my muscle has been replaced by scar tissue.

Hi Pokey, my main symptoms are muscle pain but that has been the trouble since 2012 when I started tapering Valium. These drugs mess with our muscles big time. My stomach muscles are the worst. My jaw and teeth have been aching since the last cut. Last night I cut again so we will see what new sx’s await me. Hang in there. How low are you tapering to? It will take time to heal even after you are off but staying on these drugs is worse and can get more troublesome staying on them. I’ve seen others stay on and their lives are hell. Not worth it.

Happy New Year June. Happy New Year everyone. So everything was going good for me until Christmas night or the morning of the 26th. I woke up with extreme nausea and was throwing up for hours. Then I have suffered from weakness and nausea along with daily panic attacks since. Yesterday was the first day without panic attacks. I just figured out this morning what is going on. So a few weeks ago I told you all that I switched from a 5 ml syringe to a 3 ml syringe. So this morning I took a shot glass and filled up the new syringe to 3 ml and then emptied the contents into a shot glass. Then I took the old 5 ml syringe and was very careful to suck up all of the contents of the shot glass into the syringe. As I suspected there was a small discrepancy in the 3 ml marks on the two syringes. Unfortunately that small discrepancy in ml on the syringe translated into me getting .6 mg less mirtazapine into my system. So just by switching syringes I unknowingly cut .6 mg of mirtazapine in one day and then made my scheduled .3 mg cut totaling a .9 mg cut in one week. That is three times my usual .3 mg per week schedule. So that explains why I am getting my ass kicked this past week with symptoms. So I am going to hold for a week or two just like the last time I got sick and then proceed again. It kind of sucks because I am only 5 cuts away from reaching 7.5 mg or the halfway point in my taper. But it is also a relief to have an explanation for why my taper all of a sudden went off the rails. All in all it hasn't been too bad but this solidifies for me that it is much easier to make small weekly cuts than large cuts and hold for me. Sucks though, because this kind of screwed up my holidays being so sick this week. I am sure I will be better soon.

PTSD, I was put on these meds to help with the PTSD of witnessing my daughter's death. In my experience it doesn't help, in fact it made the whole ordeal 10 times worse. I would stay away personally. Grief is natural as is losing sleep when you go through something tragic. It was mainly the sleep issues that caused me to start taking the Xanax in the first place. Sorry for your loss.

Jack what you described of pulling 3ml into one syringe and emptying it into a shot glass and then drawing into a 5 ml syringe and seeing a discrepancy is to be expected. You will lose a small amount of volume between the transfers. As you get lower in dose a smaller syringe should me more accurate. I’ve been using a 3 ml syringe when I got below 3 ml. I’m at 1ml now and when I go below that I’ll switch to a 1ml insulin syringe which should be more accurate when drawing say a 0.8ml dose. Just some suggestions. Wishing you well.  I can identify with your misery. I woke up this morning with nausea too, stiff, achy and hurt all over, headache and I thought my head would explode from the tinnitus :-\:tickedoff:

Pokey

I get what you are saying Pokey but when I say I was very careful doing the transfer I mean meticulous. And having been formally diagnosed with OCD when I say meticulous I mean mega meticulous, lol. I actually drew extra and actually vacuumed every last molecule of water from the bottom of the glass. Then pressed out the air until back down to liquid flush to the tip and then took the reading. Then I actually over rounded down to account for any film of water left behind. The actual calculation reading was a difference of almost .9 mg of mirt. I rounded down to .6 mg to account for that much lost in fluid transfer. So I am 100 percent sure of a minimum of .6 mg of mirt between the 2 syringes. Remember that my compound mix is 15 mg to 5 ml so there the amount of difference in the syringes only has to be .2 ml of actual liquid to be a huge .6 mg of mirt. There was a .3 ml difference in actual readings so I already accounted for .1 ml lost to transfer which if you witnessed the method in which I did the measurements and how dry I made sure each syringe was and glass was before proceeding in each step I may have actual underestimated the loss. But I am positive that there is a mininum of .2 ml discrepancy between the 3ml mark on the one brand of syringe and the 3 ml mark on the 5 ml brand of syringe.