Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

i want to ask a question to buddies who are full time worker. i am reading some stories there people explain the difficulties of being full time worker with tapering. I was a little better than now when i get palps,nausea ant etc.In the future, it will be a challange as it seems. Jack, how do you do and others?

Well, first of all I applied for FMLA. Here is the states if you qualify for this you can miss 60 days of work in a calendar year. It gives you a kind of protected status as a worker. This has been invaluable to me. My job allows me to save my overtime and use it as sick time or vacation time. So when I am having a window I work like mad and save OT. Then when I am in a wave I stop the OT and call out as needed. My boss knows my situation and is very understanding. I push as hard as I can. If I can get oht of bed I go to work. If I can’t then I don’t. The palps and pains are scary especially when I am commuting because I feel trapped in my car in traffic and if it did turn serious I would be in trouble. It took me a while to work through that anxiety. At some point I just had to make peace with the idea that if it’s my time it’s my time. I can’t control everything. I do have anger issues. I had them before bit they are 10 time worse now. I have been very open and honest with my workers and I think they cut me a lot of slack because of the loss of my daughter. People are very understanding because of that. I think a lot of people just think I am still suffering with grief. Of course I am but that is not what is causing most of my work related issues. It is mostly benzo withdrawal and remeron. I work outside so winter is going to be tough. I can’t imagine tapering as quickly as I have through the winter. Also I have a lot of grief to deal with through the holidays so I will need to pause a lot for that. I still can’t believe that doctors look at grieving parents and think “Ya know what would help them? Benzo withdrawal!”  Absolutely baffles me.

Can anybody here explain to me what’s going on? My doc sure as hell can’t!!!  I’m now 25 days out from my last cut. I’m at 1.5mg. Yesterday I woke up feeling like I was over the hump from my last cut. I felt pretty decent yesterday. I went to bed feeling ok. I woke up this morning feeling horrible. Nauseous, same old, but worse fatigue and malaise, like there must be something seriously wrong. Stiff and quite achy. I struggled to get out of bed, lay on the couch a while and gradually awaken. Have some coffee and I feel much better now....... Something occurs during my sleep to make me wake up feeling sick and I cannot figure out what my physiology is doing. I cannot correlate what’s happening to diet as I had the very same chicken soup last night as I did the night before. I’m not consuming any alcohol or drinking coffee at night. The only thing I can say for sure is it’s getting worse. If I could pinpoint something maybe I could fix it , but I can’t.  Anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

Obviously I am getting at the histamine thing. It is hard for me to believe that you are not experiencing histamine intolerance or Mast cell activation syndrome being that I have not read to many taper success stories that have not required Quercetin supplementation and at least some form of restricted histamine diet. I personally am not convinced that one can successfully get through the lower doses without learning how to control their histamine levels and mast cell responses. Histamine levels tend to spike in the morning. Also, MCAS symptoms are different from person to person. Benzos are a mast cell inhibitor and as a result many develope MCAS when stopping benzos. You are getting to the point in your Remeron taper where at this dose it is only acting as an antihistamine. I really think a very strict histamine diet and possibly quercetin supplementation is your answer. I have read about this obsessively. Erin Green states on her you tube channel that adhering to a strict histamine protocol is why she feels she had an easier time than others walking off the last couple milligrams. It is strict. It means no gluten and no processed food of any kind. Then even amongst whole foods there are restriction like fish, bananas, tomatoes. You pretty much have to eat fresh poultry, beef and fish the day it’s killed practically or not at all, non gluten grains, and certain vegetables. Even spinach is a histamine trigger. It’s basically chicken, broccoli and rice all day everyday to keep it simple. Boring, but if it works?

Jack. Thanks for the information on mast cells and histamine. I’ll research this some more for sure as I certainly have no other explanation for what’s going on.

Hi everyone, so this morning I’m having a lot of numbness and vibration feelings in my hands and feet. Is this a Mirtezapine sx?

Jackie  :smitten:

Yes Jackie. It's from the mirt w/d. I had it when I tried the taper. It's restless legs stuff. When I had it with trazodone it did not last. I used Hyland's restfull legs and surprisingly it worked.

Becky :smitten:

Hi Pokey. That creepy crawly feeling is restless legs. Mirt is known for giving that. I only had it when I was in w/d.

Hyland's Restful Legs is a homeopathic product sold on Amazon. One time when I was having it with trazodone I found this on Amazon. It's a quick dissolving tablet you take and it melts in your mouth. It didn't make the RL go away, but it calmed it down. I still had the old bottle so the other day when the mirt w/d was happening I took one and it calmed the RL down. I like it. No side effects. I hope it helps you.

Becky  :smitten:

I haven't tried the quercetin. It makes sense because of the histimine issue a lot of us have. I have some of the symptoms including the gunky eyes in the AM. I probably need to do low histamine and take quercetin. It seems like I eat a lot of the high histamine foods. Bananas, avocados, nuts, sweets, sourdough bread, etc. Maybe I should start slowly and get rid of some of the items. Changing diet is a lot of work.

The daily nausea is really what got to me when I tapered the mirt. It would go away in the afternoon/evening but still. I'll probably stock up on anti nausea stuff (maalox, gasX, ginger and others) before I taper. I was thinking I would take a probiotic to get my gut in shape.

Pokey try the quercetin and let me know how it works out.

Becky

Thanks Becky! I’ll look for it. “Stay positive Jackie “  Hope you are doing good today Becky. Thanks for replying. I have to laugh or I’ll just cry. Rough medication to come off.

Jackie  :smitten:

The only thing I am concerned about quercertin is it can interfere with other meds one is taking.  One has to be careful about supplements as they are not necessarily innocuous.

There is a Hyland's anti-nausea one I'm going to buy. It will be glorious if it worked during my mirt taper.

After I'm done tapering I think I am going to "educate" my doc about these meds. Every one I've been on I asked the doc, "any side effects, is it easy to stop?". Doc told me that I would feel a little tired and a quick taper of two weeks was all I needed to stop. This is for Ambien, Trazodone and Mirt. It really pisses me off when I think about it.

The only thing left after the aborted taper is rocky sleep, waking up a lot but that will improve sooner or later.

Becky

I take my mirtazapine dose at bedtime. I sleep and wake up feeling crappy. I’m wondering if I took the dose in the morning instead I might eliminate waking up feeling bad. Something happens between the time I go to bed and when I wake. I’m hoping this tack might offer some relief

Hi,yesterday, i went to the bed with high anxiety and my chest was so tight as if it was in my mouth. My chest compressed my breathing and made it difficult to take. What are those things that I live?Am i being punished with my hold?I dont understand.Getting stable isn't possible?What should i do?Even in the acute phase of my CT, i never lived such problems like nausea,tight chest,digestive and heart issues etc. Where will it end?

I take my mirtazapine dose at bedtime. I sleep and wake up feeling crappy. I’m wondering if I took the dose in the morning instead I might eliminate waking up feeling bad. Something happens between the time I go to bed and when I wake. I’m hoping this tack might offer some relief

Hi Pokie. You might want to read poster called Wellness mirt post where she tried taking it during the day. It was an interesting post where she explained the different symptoms she experienced.

Becky

She thought she was getting interdose withdrawal so she tried to take it during the day. She wanted to know the symptoms she was experiencing through the night. I believe she felt nausea, fatigue, and anxiety taking it during the day.. If I find the post I'll let you know. She tapered off of mirt a long while ago.

Becky

I can't keep track of all the symptoms folks have shared here, so Id like to ask have any folks complained about shortness of breath and palpitations in relation to tapering off mirtazapine? I had this experience last night and it was really spooky. I also have a heart valve issue so I need to determine if its related that if it happens again or if its related to mirtazapine WD.

Yes, I get this a lot. Had to wear a 7 day monitor, haven’t heard the results yet. I get it at night after I dose. Pretty much every night about 30-60 min after I take it. I get it during the day sometimes too. I just ignore it.