Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Going back to benzos doesn’t really seem to end well for anyone. The drug companies do a great job scrubbing the internet clean of negative studies but I read the study where they compared Xanax to placebo and Xanax increased anxiety after 6 weeks proving that taking nothing is better for your anxiety than taking Xanax. It takes a long time to heal from benzo damage. Remeron can help get through it. But then it has to be dealt with as well. I remember benzo hell and mirt withdrawal sucks but it just ain’t on par in my book. It’s your decision. But getting off the benzo is the move for sure.

Hi Becky, yes I do stabilize but it seems like each month has been different. I just cut last night and earlier this morning I felt revved up and brain fog was up too. Tonight was better. I feel very agitated tapering this medication. Sometimes I get hit right out the gate and other months it doesn’t hit until about day 8. Usually I feel better by the latter of the month only to start all over again for the next month. It’s pretty strange. I feel really brain dead most of the time. I have to keep reminding myself that I’m intelligent and bright, this is not me it is the medication. When are you starting?

Hi Jackie. Thanks for all the info. Do you have any stomach issues with cutting? I had cramps and was running to the bathroom a lot. I am going to wait a bit. I got slammed when I got the flu shot, started the taper, and got sick all at the same time. I'm in a wave now from it and can you believe it caught another cold. I need to be on point because family member is getting surgery. I will be the caregiver. It seems you are doing well so that gives me hope. Thanks.

Becky

Jackie  :smitten:

Yes, not only do I get cramps but I get weird cramps. I have had ibs for 20 years on and off. These remeron stomach cramps are weird and induce mild nausea and are in weird locations. Like it feels like someone is tearing at my kidney or weird crap lile that. Sometimes the pain feels like a scraped knee in my intestines. Lol. That actually describes it perfectly for me.

Hi Jack. I have gut issues as well. Nausea mostly in the morning, lots of gas, and a very irritated feeling gut. Sometimes I worry I have stomach cancer but I had an upper endoscopy in 2017 and it was normal. I don’t think you can develop stomach cancer in just two years. Anyway I have gut issues too. Seems to be fairly among those of us getting off mirtazapine.

Today I swore I was having a gallbladder attack. I’ve never had one before. I have had this pain in my right upper abdomen all day. Then I started getting hot skin and sweating bullets whenever the pain increased. And now I am watching TV pain free and symptom free totally fine. This is a wild ride for sure.

Hi Jack, Becky and Pokey, unfortunately I have bad stomach issues also. I have had just about every test imaginable. I’ve even had the tubes down my nose while they looked and was wide awake for it. Very scary. They couldn’t find anything wrong. I’ve had tightness under my ribs like it’s squeezing the life out of me since before my first taper. I also have a feeling like my intestines are knotted up. Like muscles are tightening up, spasms, yet nothing to be found. I still don’t know what it is. Jack you said it right, it’s a wild ride!

Jackie :smitten:

yesterday night and previous night, i ate some cheese,black olive and butter and then in the mornings,especially this morning i woke up with terrible nausea and stomach pain.thankfully i could come to work.i dont know it happened due to the things that i ate,but i will be careful about the foods before i go to bed.do you think it is just a kind of attack related to the foods that we have or a part of wd with some intervals?

Hi June, your guess is as good as mine but I do feel that certain foods mess with blood glucose and therefore cause disruption however cheese, olives and butter I would think would be ok. For me it’s sugar and high carb foods that trigger problems.

Hi LookinUp, I think you got some pretty good opinions on where to go from here.  Knowing you don't have a thyroid anymore I suggest getting. g your T3/T4 blood test.  Your endo sounds like he will work with you knowing your benzo and AD history.  Also split your Klonopin dosage during the day.  I don't know anything about Klonopin so I would check that thread on how many times to dose.  If all else fails you may need to reinstate your Remeron.  This is all just my opinion, I'm not a professional at all.  These are just suggestions.

Hi Jack, Jackie, Becky. I’m at 1.5mg. It seems the lower I go the worse I feel. I’m waking up mornings feeling absolutely horrible. Stiff, hurt all over, nauseated, major brain fog. I get up, very slowly and gradually come alive some days quicker than others but am lethargic much of the day. I can’t plan anything as I never know how I’m going to feel. Trying to plan a fall 2020 trip to Alaska with a family member but I’m hesitant to do so. I don’t know what I’ll be like then. I just had to whine. Sorry.

I need to get off this crap and am thinking I need to speed it up get the hell off. Can’t imagine it being much worse other than maybe dying and I’m not sure at this point that would be worse.  :tickedoff:

Pokey

Pokey, can’t you stop tapering for a while and stabilize. Give yourself a break. For me personally when I stop tapering I completely stabilize. Is this just me? If anyone else stopped tapering for say 6 weeks would you completely stabilize and feel normal. I notice that I do. Am I just lucky in this way?

Jack. Yes in the recent past I would start feeling better about 8-12 days after I made a cut. Now it doesn’t seem to matter how long it’s been since I cut, I wake up feeling awful every day. Right now I’m 20 days out since my last cut. Things are not easing. Maybe it’s cumulative and I need to just hold where I’m at for a while longer and see if it eases up. I am losing my patience however. I can’t plan any travel in future the way I feel now. I want to go see my grandson graduate from high school in May but I will likely still be dealing with this shit still then. I’m hesitant to commit to a trip to Alaska fall 2020 which requires confirmation of plans in January. My life has been on hold forever it seems, I’ve felt like hell forever it seems as well. I’m sick n tired of it all, just sick and tired😩

So sorry Pokey. I hate this too. Very hard making plans especially ones you have to travel and commit early. I would think you would be better by fall 2020. When do you think your taper will be done?

Hey guys, I jumped Mirtazapine 20 days ago. I haven't noticed any worsening of my already debilitating benzo withdrawal symptoms. Do u guys think I'm out of the woods or can late withdrawal symptoms appear?

Hi Jack, Jackie, Becky. I’m at 1.5mg. It seems the lower I go the worse I feel. I’m waking up mornings feeling absolutely horrible. Stiff, hurt all over, nauseated, major brain fog. I get up, very slowly and gradually come alive some days quicker than others but am lethargic much of the day. I can’t plan anything as I never know how I’m going to feel. Trying to plan a fall 2020 trip to Alaska with a family member but I’m hesitant to do so. I don’t know what I’ll be like then. I just had to whine. Sorry.

I need to get off this crap and am thinking I need to speed it up get the hell off. Can’t imagine it being much worse other than maybe dying and I’m not sure at this point that would be worse.  :tickedoff:

Pokey

Hi Pokey. Maybe wait until the last minute to plan ur trip. That's what I have resorted to doing the last couple trips. If I get a good spell then I say let's go. Becky

5 months? In my opinion you would have felt something by now. I have read about people getting hit three months off but that is usually CTs or super rapid doctor tapers. You know, when they tell you break it in half and then half and stop for like 2 weeks.

If you were going to feel late withdrawals you would think that you would have at least started to feel withdrawals from your cuts 5 months ago for some time now.

In my opinion you are in the clear. Maybe some insomnia? I can’t imagine much more than that personally.

Thanks jack. That's true. I guess I'm just paranoid at what's can make my current symptoms worse than they aready are, thanks for your response.

Anyone ever miss a Remeron dose? If so, what happened? Last Tuesday night I got in late and my wife and had a lot of stuff going on. I think I might have forgot to take my dose that night. That might be what happened to me last week. I wouldn’t really notice. Nothing happens when I take my Remeron at night. I get tired with or without it. Many nights I am exhausted but waiting up just so I don’t have to take my dose too early. It is not implausible.

Pokey, you have reached to the end of tunnel and the only thing you should do is just to continue digging, sometimes taking a rest while doing that as other friends said. Many of us cant make a simple plan sometimes, i have been praying even having ability to go work mostly in recent times. I have a long way to walk and i am still trying to stabilize and you come close to end. I understand you, i have had nausea for last two days but i kept walking in daytime. Why do you consider being lethargic too much? Just walk until the end...

Ptsd, if you left 20 days behind, i think you are out of the wood. This interval is enough to consider,imo, but totally it is interesting..

Thanks Jackie and juneeight. I still have the disabling damage done from benzos to battle. I wish you all a smooth taper with mirtazapine.