Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hey everyone, I'm currently tapering off valium and am currently doing a DLMT of .01mg.

My psychiatrist put me on 7.5mg of Remeron a month ago to help me with the benzo withdrawal and sleep.

It is very sedating as you all know and makes me feel malaise  groggy and kind of in outer space and also have a headache. I DO NOT like this feeling and even though it has helped with the benzo withdrawal and sleep, I'm thinking I don't want to continue taking it and go down the same road as benzo withdrawal.

Since I've only been on 7.5mg for a month, can I just take 3.75mg for a few weeks and then stop? My Dr said that I can do this or just quit the 7.5mg.

Dont like feeling in outer space anymore.

Thx

There was a woman about 100 pages or so ago who had to CT and her symptoms did not let up until 4.5 months. I forget what her name was.

My pharmacy tells me 14 days on the Remeron. It is not the mirtazapine that is the issue, it is the suspension. I can not say for sure that they would all use the same same suspension. My compounding pharmacist did some research and came to the conclusion that the suspension he chose would be best suited for the mirtazapine powder. The suspension is good for 14 days and absolutely must be refrigerated. I have stretched it to 20 days and they told me it’s not a big deal. My pharmacist orders remeron in powder form and mixes it that way. If you are providing pills then your pharmacist may choose a different suspension.

hey men, i have been having very bad tachycardia now and i dont know what to do.i have been taking magnesium glycinate at mornings and nights before bed,but i think they don't work. i feel myself stuck. my sleep also broken due to this fact. o my God, where will this shit end?any offer is appreciated for this problem.

one more thing,i am using liquid mirt available in my country and i used for 2 months last package.is it too long?i am hiding it in refrigerator...

Hi pokey, no need to do that. Because , i am at the age of 36 and have never exp. such kind thing. This shit makes my all day terrible and i got stucked. i tried magnesium and aspirin as Dave said, but didnt work. anyone experienced this here? everybody say that sleep hasnt broken while using or wd rem, but have experiencing this too possibly due to going fast rem or previous CTs. I am still trying to fix my CNS, but i feel more miserable as the time goes on:( i dont want to be set on benzo or any other but i feel wd very hard...

Anybody have horrible withdrawal side effects that continue after 4 months off?  It is hard to know whether I am still experiencing them or klonopin tolerance.  Thank you.  Nasty drug!

From my own experience klonopin (Clonazepam) is a horrible drug.  I've been on it since 2005 and I've been doing a micro taper since 2017.  I was in tolerance to the drug and felt like crap... wasn't sleeping etc.  It is a drug that shouldn't be used longer than 2-weeks and it's one of the strongest ones around.  It's also been linked to alzheimer's :thumbsup: and that is why I started the taper! I would think it's the Klonopin but that's only my opinion. 

[29...]

Anybody have horrible withdrawal side effects that continue after 4 months off?  It is hard to know whether I am still experiencing them or klonopin tolerance.  Thank you.  Nasty drug!

From my own experience klonopin (Clonazepam) is a horrible drug.  I've been on it since 2005 and I've been doing a micro taper since 2017.  I was in tolerance to the drug and felt like crap... wasn't sleeping etc.  It is a drug that shouldn't be used longer than 2-weeks and it's one of the strongest ones around.  It's also been linked to alzheimer's :thumbsup: and that is why I started the taper! I would think it's the Klonopin but that's only my opinion.

Thank you for your response. Have you been okay during your taper?  Want to get started on that ASAP.

Anyone experienced weakness tapering off mirtazapine. The lower I go the worse it gets, especially in the mornings. I am at 1.5mg and waking up is like coming out of surgical anesthesia or out of a coma. Then when I go and do yard work etc. I feel really weak, but I improve over the course of the day. The weakness is concerning, At least  I hope its from the mirtazapine.

Pokey

Pokey, I’ve had it he entire time on mirt. It is one of my main taper symptoms. It’s thr reason I slowed down. That and the chest pain.

Ok thanks Jack. Do you have some days that are better than others as well? I do. But I can’t figure out any pattern as to why some days are ok other awful.  :tickedoff:

Yes. I have some days where I don’t feel it. Then I’ll have a week or so where it is straight up debilitating. Sometimes I wonder if it is actually a benzo withdrawal symptom and somehow the mirt and taper is kind of reactivating that symtom. Because it comes in waves and windows just like my Xanax withdrawal.

Ive been off benzos for 5 years, but sometimes I wonder if its not a leftover benzo symptom thats becoming unmasked as a result of getting off the mirtazapine. But its worst in the morning and lots better at night which leads me to think it must be mirt related. I guess I really dont know, or will ever know for sure. I just hope it stops after I am totally off the mirtazapine. If this stays with me after that I dont think I will be able to stand it anymore.

Hi everyone, does anyone else itch like crazy? I think this is a new symptom I’m getting. My whole body feels itchy. This really got bad last night and still have it this morning. I suppose there’s nothing I can do about it?

Jackie  :smitten:

Hi Jackie. That’s one symptom I don’t get. What’s your humidity like now or any chance you got exposed to something that’s making you itch? :-\

Hi Pokey, how are you doing? So itching doesn’t sound like a Mirtezapine symptom? I don’t know what could be causing it. It’s funny how I want to blame the withdrawal. We know everything is caused by withdrawal, lol.

Jackie :smitten:

Jackie, I had it when I made the bug cut. The 10 percent cut I did when I was feeling out the waters. I don’t have it with these smaller cuts. I expect it to return when these smaller cuts become a larger percentage of my dose but I guess we will see.

I know I have said this before but this is a classic histamine intolerance symptom. And Remeron has been reported by so many to have developed histamine intolerance a result of tapering mirt. Even Dave said he had to start using the supplement quercetin when he was tapering which is known for it’s natural antihistamine properties. He said he was able to discontinue the supplement once he was fully off the mirt. That and of the course learning the ins and outs of the histamine diet.

Jackie, I itched like crazy during my taper of trazodone. It's similar to mirt. I think it hits the "itch receptors" lol. I used vaseline and that seemed to help.

Becky :smitten:

Thank you for your response. Have you been okay during your taper?  Want to get started on that ASAP.

I was ok until I hit this end part.  I'm on like 0.13 mg's and that is about 1/4 of a 0.5 mg tablet.  So I've tapered 3/4 of the way and have about four more months.  My biggest symptom was not being able to sleep so just this week I started to take a low dose of Remeron and since I've been sleeping I feel much better.  I do have tinnitus which I had before the taper and now it is worse.  I go through waves of depression and irritability, etc... everything that is pretty typical to withdrawal.  I'm happy that I'm almost done as I was tolerant for years and was having horrible problems in many ways.  I'm hoping this Remeron keeps working so I can get through the rest of the Benzo taper.  :thumbsup::smitten:

[29...]

Yes. I have some days where I don’t feel it. Then I’ll have a week or so where it is straight up debilitating. Sometimes I wonder if it is actually a benzo withdrawal symptom and somehow the mirt and taper is kind of reactivating that symtom. Because it comes in waves and windows just like my Xanax withdrawal.

. So I have withdrawal from Mirtz in June and have had horrific side effects.  I am also taking .5 Klonopin and am worried that I am in tolerance withdrawal as well.  Are the symptoms the same:  cold intolerance, sensory issues-numbness, tingling, twitches, etc.?

Jackie I should have been more clear. I’m not saying mirtazapine doesn’t cause your itching just saying that’s a symptom I personally don’t have. It is amazing all the symptoms getting off this stuff can cause and each of us all seem to a collection of our own. Some similar some quite different. Lots of folks complain about insomnia. I’m at 1.5mg and sleep like I’m in a coma, it’s the waking up that’s difficult and uncomfortable for me.  I worry the insomnia will kick in after I’m off completely. You take care. Catch you  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Pokey, I sleep too. Some nights less then others though. I never know what to expect. I’ll cut again Sunday night and it all starts over again. I hope once we are off that it doesn’t get worse. If it stays the same for awhile I can deal with that but worse would be bad.

Becky, I slathered goopy cream on after I showered in oily shower wash, Helped a lot. Was Trazadone hard to get off from? Just curious.

Jackie  :smitten:

Hi Jackie. I had a very difficult time stopping trazodone. Just like other meds, some people can stop with no problem, others not so much. Maybe I was still in w/d from Ambien was why is was so hard? I don't know.

I'm slammed with a virus, upper respiratory and lower. It feels as bad as the flu. Coincidentally, I got the flu shot for the first time in years and five days later I have this virus. I wonder sometimes.

You're doing well getting so low. You will be done before you know it.

Becky :smitten:

Hey guys,

So I was doing pretty well. Then I had a busy day. I mowed the lawn, changed the oil on 3 cars, changed some doors in the house. Then at the end of the night my wife and I had a brutal fight. We were screaming at each other for hours. All of a sudden at the end of our fight I went into what I think is a benzo wave. I think the overworking myself and then the stress of the fight triggered it. All of a sudden my body went cold. The thermometer was saying 95.9. I shivered all night and most of the next. I developed restlessness and was up pacing til late that night though I was exhausted. It took me hours to fall asleep that night. My appetite fell off and I had extreme nausea. It took everything I had not to throw up my Remeron dose. I felt extreme fatigue like when I was in acute Xanax withdrawal. It’s three days now and I am still not back to normal. I am recovering relatively quickly but it was like I was instantly thrown back to January. Thankfully no DP/DR! So not completely like acute but damn close. It scared me how suddenly it happened like someone flipped a switch. I had to call out of work yesterday and again today. I can feel the steady improvement so I don’t think this wave will last long but it sucks and it’s scary. I felt one hundred percent normal that entire day and then wham. I even have the warm flushing feelings in my limbs like when I was CTd in the hospital. My strength is coming back. I was burping up my lunch all afternoon so there may be a food poisoning element to this. I wonder if I got food poisoning and if the food poisoning plus the stress triggered a wave. Of course the wave would feel much worse if there is an underlying illness. The nausea has been lifting and my appetite coming back so it could be.