Benzo belly bigtime

Hi All,

For the last 3 days, have had horrible pain. Tight band around stomache, just PAIN after I eat.

Is there anything I can take? Like Mylanta, etc?

Im really worried I have to go to inlaws Easter Sunday and would like to eat as I know she puts alot of

work into this:(

Actualy, this all started Fri night, ate Gen Tasao chicken, fried :(

I have been kind of afraid to eat now. I feel better laying down.

Thanks for any help.

~Gardenia

You need some supplemental digestion enzymes. Somethiing with amylase, lipase, papain, bromelian, oxbile and pancreatin etc. and along with a live probiotic mix. You may also need a pH alkaline diet or supplement with pH balance formula. High acids are typical with withdrawal symptoms.

Mylanta will help with the acid, but you need some acid to digest food with. Mylanta is like using a neutron bomb for a "peace negotiation", you don't want to shut down you digestion with constipation with Mylanta because of high acid and improperly digested food.

Lots of green leaf vegetables will make your tummy much happier ;), watch out for too much meat, stay with small amounts of white-meat  chicken if you can, or pass on it altogether and stay with fruits and vegetables and very complex carbs.

Hi Gardenia,

I had a painful stomach just as you described, it turned out to be H.pylori.  You may want to be tested for it, if you do not get any relief pretty soon.

pj

Hi Gardenia,

I had a painful stomach just as you described, it turned out to be H.pylori.  You may want to be tested for it, if you do not get any relief pretty soon.

pj

pj,

That's good point, Helicobactor Pylori is present in over 50% of the populations stomach lining. It usually lies dormant and in check by other probiotics populations squashing it down to a manageable level. However, when times of stress or other metabolic disorders, the H.Pylori can run rampant eating away the tissue lining causing the ulcerative symptoms. There is a triple therapy treatment to eradicate the virus, usually antibiotics such as clarithomycin and amoxicillin with a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole or lansoprazole.

I think it is WD...I too still have benzo belly where my stomach is tightened and feel like a solid rock...and my belly is bloated...so I eat plain foods...it didn't get the belly better but it made me more comfortable and lowered my anxiety...5 days ago I was in a resort and ate a mullet fish and I guess the guy put a lot of seasoning in it...and it made me worse for 6 days bloating and anxiety was terrible..so I think with time this also will fade like many other sxs... I eat six small meals a day and plain food to my stomach under control till I can tolerate more

Did your food have MSG in it?  That could also be an issue.  I know MSG has made me feel bloated before.

Sincerely,

fg

Thank you so much for responding. No, I havent taken Mylanta yet was just wondering if it was ok to try.

Im not sure if I ate anything with MSG but I dont think so as I dont eat take out food FG I can make Chinese

which I did last fri night. Im thinking it was deep fried so maybe not so good:(

Going to not make it again. I did put alot of fresh garlic in it. I do not use MSG. If you cook right, you dont need it.

Tommy, yes, I do feel better eating smaller, more often will stick with that. We have same symptoms so yes, just think its benzo belly. It also feels kind of like spasms in my stomach. Its VERY uncomfortable.

Gard,

You know my story with it. I have been eating whatever lately, and that seems to bloat my stomach more. I do some exercises and that seems to help with it. It isn't a cure, but it helps.

It will go in time.. I know! LOL, hang in there.

Billy.~

Hi Billy,

If I ate as much as you do Id be in agony.  :D

do you get the spasms? those are kind of.... terrifying! and go on so long.

Im going to try a chicken pot pie today. How harmful can be? ::)

yes maybe someday this will all be over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gardenia,

I have benzo belly now too . When i was on and due taper not . After stop benzo , belly started . I am 120 lb and belly like 7 months pregnant .

Day time can eat everything , I am bloated after every meal . 

Cannot eat after 4 pm nothing or huge nausea all night , very sick .

Yes , small meals , no salt , no sugar , carbs are not good for me .

Pressure abdom.every day still almost 9 months off .

Absolutelly horrible , cannot fit in any outfit from before quit , cause abdom.area swollen .

Not happy about that . Erika

• Popular Now

• [Go...]