Acetaminophen good for anxiety?

[Ho...]

Hi,

I don't think that acetaminophen (Tylenol) has been proven as an anti-anxiety agent.  It could be a placebo effect.  Whatever it was, I am glad that it helped.  Just a reminder to be cautious as to how much Tylenol you take in a 24 hour period because it is toxic to the liver. 

Some people are prescribed Vistaril (hydroxizine) which is an antihistamine with sedating properties that can be used for anxiety.  When I had some over the top anxiety, my doctor prescribed it and it helped me through a bit of a rough patch.

:) Many Hugs, Klonkers

I was prescribed Vistaril as well (25 mg.) and it really helped me sleep and relieved a lot of the anxiety.

Sincerely,

fg

No Klonkers I am wondering if the magnesium in it is the reason because isn't magnesium supposed to be good for anxiety?

Hi Hockeygal,

I apologize! I totally misunderstood your question.  I honestly don't know if magnesium helps with anxiety or not.  I have read of various supplements being either helpful, intermittently helpful,  not helpful, or possibly causing flare up in symptoms. It's all very confusing, isn't it??

Please let us know if you decide to try magnesium supplements.  I would be very interested in finding out how it works for you. :) Many Hugs, Klonkers

Hi Hockeygal,

I apologize! I totally misunderstood your question.  I honestly don't know if magnesium helps with anxiety or not.  I have read of various supplements being either helpful, intermittently helpful,  not helpful, or possibly causing flare up in symptoms. It's all very confusing, isn't it??

Please let us know if you decide to try magnesium supplements.  I would be very interested in finding out how it works for you. :) Many Hugs, Klonkers

That's ok Klonkers lol:)  My aunt uses them all the time and she said they work wonders.

I think Magnesium has to be balanced out with Calcium as well.  I just try to get my nutrition from food now, since it can be dangerous to just take a single supplement.  Just a little FYI ...

Sincerely,

fg

I think Magnesium has to be balanced out with Calcium as well.  I just try to get my nutrition from food now, since it can be dangerous to just take a single supplement.  Just a little FYI ...

Sincerely,

fg

It does fishingguy.  My aunt takes both together with dinner.

Magnesium helps keep adrenal stress hormones under control.

I do not know how much mag would be in tylonol. I cannot imagine it being very much.

It does not need to be taken with calcium. It is said that more people get enough calcium in their diets but not enough magnesium. The whole subject it very interesting. I read a book called the magnesium miracle and loved it. I bought some mag tuarate and it helped for sure. I did not take it everyday though, will do so after taper.

By the way, I used to buy Pumpkin seeds at the local health food store (which are high in magnesium).  I also used to take Magnesium supplements fairly regularly, but no longer do so as I don't feel I need them.

Wishing you well ...

fg

Archived