It's been awhile

[mi...]

Hi ALL! It's been awhile since i've been on or posted to this site. I had to walk away for a bit because I found myself on here way too much. I still have the same symptoms since I was here last, I am just able to cope with them better. One thing that has greatly improved is my short term memory. Thank god. My biggest remaining symptom is my derealization and cog fog. I think the two go hand-in-hand. Derealization causes fog or vice versa. It's not as bad as it was in the beginning, but it's still there. I still feel like I am in a fog most of the time. Nowadays I just try to roll with it, but it still upsets me and I still find myself saying, "this doesn't look like it use to". My DR is hard to explain and like many of us it is unique. Hoping that someday it will all go away. Somedays I believe it will and others I cry.

it happens to me too,sometimes i firmly believe i will not get better,but then a better time comes and i realize i should have believed.cognitive impairment happens to me too,and its true that i experience it the most when im depersonalised,the other day going through an episode of depersonalisation,i couldnt remember which number came below 110,trust me i kept think '99' and kept entering the results only the computer (my job) told me they were incorrect and i couldnt figure out for five minutes what it might be,it scared me so much.its going to become better soon,fight on :)

Minka - Hugs.  This is also my worst symptom, and I couldn't have said it better - YES - I think that d/r and fog go together for me, too. I have only had the d/r lift one time 3 weeks ago. I woke up and it was gone. Things looked normal.It was AWESOME! It came back in the afternoon.

Mine is now mild, but it's the last thing for me that IF it woudl go, I could deal with everything else.

I am wishing you such great healing.  I think you are doing great for being off so soon.

Praying for you!

:)Parker

BBgirl thanks for the encouragement  ;) I too experience the same kind of "what the heck??" situations. The difference is now I can let them go where as before i'd think and ruminate about it.

Parker it's funny i've been following your posts for awhile, I have also commented on a couple of them, and I was so hoping you would respond to mine because I feel like our dr is similar. I remember your post about the day you wore a baseball cap and said how it improved your dr. I remember after reading that post how much I could relate to your particular dr symptoms. It really sucks because just like you- if this one symptom could leave me I feel like I could really start to move on. I'm sorry you have it too.

Sorry Minka that I never responded to your earlier posts! I woudl have if i would have seen them! I think a lot times, I post on here, then I come back 2 days later and forget to look for the thread I posted and by then it's lost in the 3rd page and I don't see it again unless somebody writes on it. My memory is getting better, so this is happening less - but I still lose a thread here and there.  :D

I am SO ready for this d/r to go away.  I hope you will write me when yours does!

:)Parker

Archived