7 months free!!!

[rs...]

Although I'm still waiting to post my success story I'm 7 months free today. This is a journey that scars our minds. After jumping off narcotics and valium all at once I'm lucky to be alive. I can't tell anyone how bad this really was/is the only way to describe it is horror. The first three weeks my spine was plugged into the wall and i had every w/d symptom ever described here x 10. After a two week wave that felt like month two I awoke today feeling somewhat alive again. This seems to wax and wane sometimes by the minute. I can advise everyone to eat good healthy foods in small amounts and drink plenty of water to flush the kidneys. I've found after eating I  always feel worse. Lite meals every few hours seem to work best for me. Prune juice also helps rid the body of toxins and keeps the bloating down. In the throws of this nightmare I tried almost anything to help with the pain.I probably would have tried catsh** if i thought it would have helped. In my opinion nothing will help but time. Any chemicals that effect the cns will eventually make things worse and slow your recovery.

In the beginning of this I didn't believe I would live through this. After two hospital admitions and $60,000 in bills I finally feel like I'll make a complete recovery one day soon. I still have many symptoms but they have eased ever so much each month or two and my baseline continues to improve. Nobody knows what you are going through so I feel it's best not to even try to explain it to others. Only the wonderful people here really understand. Doctors, family and friends have no idea. It only made things worse for me being honest and trying to explain it.

The most important thing is to believe in yourself and eat healthy nutritious foods. Plenty of salads,raw vegetables and water. We will all heal and be wiser for this experience. rstud

:yippee: Congrats! This is a wonderful accomplishment!  I am just behind you and still suffering like you wouldn't believe. You give me hope that I may start to see some improvement soon. Wishing you continued and rapid healing in the upcoming months. 

Hope

Hi rstud,

CONGRATULATIONS on being 7 months off  :yippee:

I know what you mean about this being a horror of an experience and I too would have been willing to eat cat**** if I believed it would have helped.

Take care,

NYClady

thanx to all of you and know it will end if we do the right things. i did so many things wrong . i would rather be bitten by a water moccassin than go through this again. ( i'm serious) rstud

Dear rstud,

Your 7 month benzo-free celebration brings joy and hope to my heart.  Your courage and strength are a source of great inspiration to me.  Your friendship means everything.  :) Love, Klonkers

Congrats Rstud ... so happy for you that you are seeing improvement.  You have come along way and been thru alot.  Great job.

:thumbsup:

That is awesome--you have come a long way.  Have you ever experienced the crushing fatigue/muscle weakness?  If so, has that improved at all?  Anyways, so happy you are getting further and further from the poison...

That is awesome--you have come a long way.  Have you ever experienced the crushing fatigue/muscle weakness?  If so, has that improved at all?  Anyways, so happy you are getting further and further from the poison...

tina, the chronic fatigue, joint and muscle pain is one of the worst symptoms. i still have them but it has eased ever so slightly over the months. the first month i could barely get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. i slowly made small challenges like walking to the mailbox or mowing a small portion of the yard. i would pull muscles just walking up three steps to my home. before benzos i could surf in 6'-8' waves all day then rip off 50 pushups. it is just beyond comprehension how these drugs can destroy our bodies.

klonkers, you have been so sweet to me during this nightmare. i know you have been through so much. thank you so much for all of your support. thank all of you for being here and listening to my twisted obsessive thoughts and anger. my family has all died and most of my friends have abandoned me. this is not over by a long shot but i'm to pissed off to die. rstud

Archived