Slow Digestion

yes, along with bloating and intermittent nausea (sometimes the nausea was severe).  luckily better yesterday and today.  it is all related to your Vagus nerve.  When it is out of whack it is not signaling your stomach muscles to contract.  Oh, burping too--fun, fun!

Yeah, abdominal CT scan, endoscopy, every thing checks out "normal." Of course, they did give me the IBS tag, which I'm not so sure doesn't result from my last benzo taper. However, other family members have/had it, so it could be genetic.

Yes. I also have bloating and nausea with it. When I swallow my food, it feels like a lump is in my throat, not permitting the food to go down correctly. It's very hard to explain.

Billy.

Not to hijack this thread, but do you get any pain with the benzo belly? Right now I have some pain that is kind of like burning, along with the bloating. It's broad, not localized.

Well, I wasn't exactly sure last night, perhaps I did. If it was, it was slight and not quite enough to call it that, though I did catch myself saying a couple of times, "is this nausea?"

Hi Billy

I know that feeling!  Do you suffer with acid reflux? could be that, that showed up on my barrium but I know what you mean about the lump in the throat.  (feeling when you swallow).  Tis weird one, all those gabbas in the throat.

Boo  :thumbsup:

Also my digestion is slow in as, if i eat to much it backs up a bit, takes 5 minutes to go into stomach that feeling.  Feels like it lingers in throat a bit until it goes down, don't like that feeling horrid so i only eat soft food now. 

Boo  :-X