Can one taper too slowly?

[Ca...]

Just wondering. (I know that too quickly is not a good idea).

Is there any harm done in going too slowly? See my signature.

In my opinion the answer is no, i think slow is the most sensible way to go, however, i do not agree with overly long holds to delay freedom, i think it is important to try and go forwards always.

I am titrating and making small daily cuts, even if things get a bit rocky, i do not need to hold for long and there is the alternative of making even tinier daily cuts to keep things moving, even at a snails pace, it is still progress...

Holding for weeks on end is just delaying getting free, the idea is to get off but sure, slow is the way to go, especially if we function far better that way, slow should (in theory) allow for a smoother landing also, yet that´s not guaranteed obviously... but i think the chances are far greater so slow for me is definitely worth it.

Oscar

Thanks Oscar.

I certainly don't want to delay freedom, as I want rid of the drug as soon as possible. Just wondered if there were any known adverse effects by tapering too slowly. Believe me, I will persevere.

No...you cannot go too slowly.  Listen to your body.  If the withdrawal symptoms are too much to handle, you are going too fast.  You can hold for as long as you want as long as your symptoms are not getting worse.  If you try to go faster than your body has the ability to heal, you make yourself sicker and run the risk of withdrawal syndrome that can last a very long time.  Slow and steady wins the race.  What's the rush?  IMHO, I would rather be well during the taper and afterward than sick for the whole taper and then sick for an indefinite amount of time once I am done.  Cut and suffer makes no sense. 

"I am titrating and making small daily cuts, even if things get a bit rocky, i do not need to hold for long and there is the alternative of making even tinier daily cuts to keep things moving, even at a snails pace, it is still progress... "  quote from Oscar.

What Oscar says in the above quote makes so much sense.

Newrain 8)

Archived