Lack of Motivation...

[74...]

[74...]

Anyone who's suffered from lack of motivation... How long did it last? What helped? Does it improve? What did you do to further it along in the right direction?

I need to pack entire apartment by myself to move cross country and although I know it's not as bad as an entire HOUSE, I still feel entirely overwhelmed and may not even be fully physically able yet to even move stuff. Right now all I do is just stand in each room and stare at all that needs to be done. Then I feel totally overwhelmed and leave. I can't find it in me anywhere to just take the first step and just throw some things in a box. I do have some boxes though :laugh::thumbsup:

Having the boxes is a good start.    ;D

I've been having a hard time getting motivated to do anything a times throughout this taper.  Some days I get things done, some days I don't.

Do you think asking a friend or family member for help with the packing would help with the motivation?

Its the cog fog? I want to clean out my garage, I sold an old chair out there...as far as I got ::)

its such a mess but when I look at it all I feel overwhelmed. Its an awful feeling.I know Id feel better

if it was nice and tidy but ugh!

Maybe if you could just pack one box at a time? At least youd feel like yyoure getting somewhere.

[39...]

Can relate to this one.

Right now all I do is just stand in each room and stare at all that needs to be done. Then I feel totally overwhelmed and leave.

That's me!

I leave and come back to the computer. Sometimes I think I am just lazy so it is good to hear others describe the same feeling!

Xana

Lack of motivation can be quite disheartening, especially for someone, like myself, who's used to enjoying life's pleasures. Whenever I'm struck with the feeling, if it's too much to bear, I simply have to accept that I don't have motivation, but there are times that we must push ourselves to get things done.

I couldn't even imagine trying to move right now. Could you do a little packing each day?

I have very little motivation. I try to do a few things each day. I would be completely overwhelmed if I were facing a move, needing to pack, etc, etc. I hope someone can help you with this.

Right now all I do is just stand in each room and stare at all that needs to be done.

This issue is probably as much about cognitive deficiencies and the inability to focus that goes along with it as it is lack of motivation, but I know all too well what it feels like to stand there and stare at a room full of stuff without the slightest clue how to begin packing it for a move.

I am 14 months off and it has only been in the past 6-7 weeks that I have began to see a fair amount of improvement in my motivation and concentration. These are a couple of stubborn symptoms that don't seem to want to leave.

Lack of motivation?  Are you kidding me?  this is probably the most common symptom....all of us get it just about.  benzos knock all the ambition right out of us.  It is a stupid drug if ever there was one. Lazy lazy lazy.....not good. 

A 14 months my motivation is back but only recently.  Still like to or prefer to lay around and do as little as possible....a lot less than I used to do.  I had to force myself to do things....and i mean FORCE MYSELF, to do anything or go anywhere.  It is a horrible drug.  And any drug that takes away a persons drive is just awful.

Dont feel alone.....your motivation will return in time.....

Andy

I could barely motivate myself to write this phrase :D:) (attempt at humor).  Forget about motivation, just start doing what needs to be done.  As you start to get things done, even one box packed or half a box even, the motivation will likely increase.

Vertigo

I find that i had to force myself to do anything.....

I would pretend i had two hands on my back pushing me out the front door.  otherwise I would not go anywhere and get anything done. The lack of sleep doesnt help either.

The benzos rob people of ambition and therefore are dangerous to our lives.

I am at 14 months off and dealing with this nonsense daily.  A real problem. Hard to believe how hard it is....a long fight and a hard fight.....time is the only real cure.

Andy

i can relate to this as i am in fact experiencing it right now.  dogs to the park, bike ride, go to a meeting, do something...

i can say that for many months i wondered if i could even get my hair washed that day..and now much more has been accomplished.  there have even been times when i really felt like doing things so i can notice improvement, but this is one s/x that really bites.  it helps to read all this as i tend to be so hard on myself and that makes it worse. we are healing...just keep putting the days together.  it's ok to not be ok for now...pretty much has to be i guess...thanks for being there.

I have been experiencing this all day.  Today is my day off and I had planned on getting my house cleaned.  I am still sitting here in my bathrobe (8 hours later).  Lack of motivation is certainly a big problem during withdrawal.  I want to get things done, but just end up sitting around thinking about what I need to do.  I think that having to pack boxes for a move is overwhelming even without the benzo issue.  You could try packing one box and see what happens.  Getting started is the hard part. 

i had to force my self to go by food for the week it takes me all week to clean up the house  :tickedoff: im sooooo tired of being tired it makes me tired :sick: i alway feel like i have the tail end of the flu if i dont need to go any were i never get out of my pjs every time i sit down to watch tv i fall a sleep my life is going to pass me by wild im healing from benzo withdrawls kate7

Actually there's a pretty good book called "Tired of Being Tired" by Dr. Hanley.  Check it out.  It helped me get back on the road to healthy eating and lifestyle.

Vertigo

• Popular Now

• [Go...]