Dr's recs a bit overambitious?

[sp...]

Please see my signature.  I saw dr on 2/22.  In 2 weeks she said to decrease valium PM pill by 1/2.  Then ride it out 2-3 weeks or until i feel ok to decrease AM pill by 1/2 and so on.  Is decreasing valium 2.5mg down each time a a bit overambitious?

[cf...]
This is extremely ambitious, and likely would put you in serious w/d. Dose cuts should be no more than 5 or 10 percent every 2 weeks or so (maybe slightly faster or slower depending on how you are feeling).

Overambitious is an understatement . Could possibly set you up for a nasty time down the road. 10% cuts from your current dose are recommended and sometimes less if you are really symptomatic . I would really rethink this if i were you . Hopefully others will be along to advise .

OMG, please somebody help; this is getting frustrating.  The day before I saw the doc on the 22nd, I reduced my daily ativan from 1.25 mg to 1 mg. 

9 days later, I dont' really see ....almost any withdrawal symptoms.  Or nothing that's worse than before.  I have a bit of ...you know how you get those brain electric zaps when  you're withdrawing from some psych meds?  Well I get that in my whole body, minus the electric charge, for a couple of minutes in the morning.  I just get up or breathe and it leaves.  That's it.  Mental state no worse than before c/o.

So how about if i decrease by .25 mg first, and just see how I feel.  These body zaps arent' THAT annoying.  Maybe I'm just tolerating this well?  Maybe I can decrease .25 mg every week if i feel the zaps stop.....i mean, I AM feeling fine (doing lots of self-care).

Spring,

I see from your signature line you have been on benzos for 8 years . is that correct?

Did you cross slowly over to the valium say a four week period? Why not consider holding before you begin your taper perhaps for a month. Really I am concerned to see you are having symptoms and want to cut .

Archived