Scared

[ib...]

I have been on and off Xanax for over 20 years...and now also on klonopin.  I know I need to taper off, but very worried about functioning while withdrawing.  Also scared of change.  Hope to get ideas, help, and support here.

Thank you!

ibelieve95,

Welcoming you to Benzo Buddies.

You will find plenty of support here.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Others will be around to weigh in soon.

If you would like to add a signature: Signature

Billy.

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, ibelieve95.

Change is scary, that's for sure.  Are you starting to feel ill effects from the benzos and thus the desire to get off them?  I ask because I was on benzos for nearly 20 years and in the end they were really affecting my memory and thought processes.  Plust they really weren't helping with anxiety anymore either.

There are a couple of ways to get off benzos and if you are on both Xanax and Klonopin now, I'd suggest tackling the Xanax first.  Could you give us a bit more information about how much you take and when?  This might help members make better suggestions and point you in the right direction. 

Thank you for the welcome!  My history is this: Xanax for 20 years, added Klonopin a year ago to try to wean off Xanax, now taking more of both!  Average 1.5-2mg xanax and 1-2mg klonopin daily.  I'm forgetting words, getting names mixed up and just the fact I'm going through my prescriptions faster than I should be is a huge problem.  I suffer mainly from social anxiety(but I WANT to be social) and generalized anxiety, which occurs when my dose is wearing off.  I'm a dental hygienist, so work is going to be a major struggle  as I have to be social, thinking straight, and not at all shaky.  I'm meeting with my physician in 2 weeks to work on a taper plan...hoping to get some ideas here first.  My biggest obstacle is even imagining I could survive without the xanax, it has been such a part of my life for so long.  Thanks for any advice, etc.

Archived