Gallbladder surgery and propofal

[ji...]

Are you 100% sure the problem is your gall bladder and not muscle spasms due to the benzos....

Thats what happened to me...I took out the gall bladder and it was a mistake...it was fine...the benzo made symptom similar to gall bladder problems....so be sure before you move forward... .I made a huge mistake.

Andy

Hi Jittery

Sorry to hear about your gallbladder.  My husband just had his out and he was back to work 2 days later ... are you having keyhole too?  I had mine out many years ago when it was a major op and it took a few months to recover but these days it is not a complex op.

Regarding propofol, I had this when I had a colonoscopy recently with absolutely no problem.  If you do a search on propofol I think you will find that the general trend has been that propofol is safe during w/ds.

What you have to make sure though is that you have no pre-med (they often give you a benzo to relax you before the anaesthetic) so I would just advise against that.

Good luck with it!

Best wishes

Angel

Thanks angel... I'm just scared bc the cipro damaged my GABA in a different way so I'm doubley impacted. Dang cipro ruined my life. I'm pretty sure I'm over benzo wd but the cipro sxs are getting worse which is par for the course.

I don´t know much about cipro I´m afraid.  I hope it hasn´t permanently damaged.  Is that really likely, is a support board for this?  In any case, it´s probably better not to worry about it and just get yourself thru´ these w/ds.

In a way, I am grateful to you for drawing my attention to these antibiotics.  I recently got bitten by a dog and needed antibiotics.  I specifically asked my Spanish doctor (not my benzowise one) not to give me fluoroquinolone antibiotics.  He seemed to understand then issued a prescription for Ciprofloxacin!  I told me I was allergic to them so he gave me something else (not the same family) but said that that antibiotic (the Cipro) was one of the best.  I told him, not the best for me it wasn´t.

I am sure you will be okay Jittery.  It´s so easy to get scared by everything you read online.

Best

Angel

Thanks Angel,

Yes, flouroquinolones do nasty damage. Often times the damage is permanent. The drug is toxic and it changes the mitochondria of the dna cell. So you then begin making copies of damaged cells. That is why reactions get worse over time, and not better. In some people, the body can begin repairing the mitochondria and your healed cells will begin to outnumber the bad ones and eventuall you heal. In some cases, there is so much systemic wide damage that your body simply can't catch up and people have permanent leasions or disabilitities. The cognitive symptoms are usually the ones that get better, but many of the peripheral neuropathies and tendon issues remain. I am experiencing all of those issues. I know my damage is related to cipro because there are some key signs like very dry eyes and tendon pain that have gotten worse over the last year. I bet if I didn't have the cipro I'd be healed from the benzos. But then again if it weren't for the cipro, I'd never have taken benzos in the first place. Those drugs are so so so much more evil than benzos!

Thanks for reply. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like my whole body has been severely damaged!

I just discovered I did have cipro before and wrote on the box which I kept for some reason, never to take again.  It was following a cat bite this time.  I am always getting bitten by animals!!

I had bad pins and needles from it.  In fact thinking about it, prior to my benzo ordeal I had a 6 month period of suffering badly with my neck and even had to have pain killing injections to help with the pain.  I also had a dreadful period of insomnia.  This all happened in spring 2010, a year before my benzo ordeal.  They never found out what caused my pain as I had tingling all the time and was senstive to any airconditioning.  Maybe it was also the cipro.  Anyway if it was, I did heal from that.

Over and out!

Angel

Yes, you were FLOXED! If you ever take that class of med again, your floxing will be MUCH worse. You've likely reached your threshold of toxicity for that drug. I'm glad to hear you recovered. Were you on benzos when you took the cipro?

Jittery,

You should have a meeting with anesthesiology before your surgery.  Talk frankly with the anesthesiologist.  Take along literature regarding benzo withdrawal in the (probable) case that the doc is not benzo wise.  Hopefully s/he will understand, plan your sedation accordingly and ally your fears.

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

XOX

WHOLLY HANNA, Hope56. your avi takes up half the page.  Maybe it's just my computer.  ???

Jitter,

I'm not to sold on the idea of having gallbladders removed unless completely necessary, ie badly infected, stone to large to break up. I know too many people who've had troubles after its been removed, I'm one of them. There's got to be a better way.

After your floxing did you take steps to get your digestion back?

Did you get C-Diff or even just really nasty direrear?

Horrible reflux or regurgitation?

Propofal and versed probably wont be a problem but you can ask not to use the versed as it's usually not needed.

You may want to ask not to use nitrous oxide though.

You're probably already on a strict gluten free diet.

I sure hope you don't have to take out your gallbladder.

angel,

i had surgery twice with propofol to repair torn acl's and each time is caused a HUGE increase in symptoms. in my opinion, i would not have the surgery unless it is life threatening.

i guess i should clarify that each time it was like pressing retard on my recovery. not a small flare like people reports from certain foods etc....it was literally like starting over again.

Sorry I may be missing the point but I believe Jittery´s question related to the safe use of propofol in her gall bladder surgery, which has been recommended by her doctor.  I do not believe it is up to we laymen to advise whether or not she should or should not have this operation or scaremonger her or anyone else by one´s own "bad experience" in such an operation.  That was not her question.

Either you go with your doctor or you don´t go with your doctor and throw your question to the "lion´s den" here and end up being even more confused.

Anyway don´t mind me.

Angel

Jittery,

I'd meet with the anesthesiologist and discuss your options. If you have a good doctor they should be willing to do this and take your concerns seriously. Look in to all of your options as far as anesthesia goes and decide what is best for you. It's probably a good conversation to go ahead and have anyway. You never know when you'll need emergency surgery so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck! I did a quick google search and it sounds like this is relatively routine surgery. Of course nobody should have unnecessary surgery, but it sounds like you've had all the tests. I'm sure you'll be ok :).

Are you a doctor Smoke?

NOpe

Sorry I may be missing the point but I believe Jittery´s question related to the safe use of propofol in her gall bladder surgery, which has been recommended by her doctor.  I do not believe it is up to we laymen to advise whether or not she should or should not have this operation or scaremonger her or anyone else by one´s own "bad experience" in such an operation.  That was not her question.

Either you go with your doctor or you don´t go with your doctor and throw your question to the "lion´s den" here and end up being even more confused.

Anyway don´t mind me.

Angel

You're exactly correct!  None of use should listen to anything people here have to say. Ignore everything we've read or seen on the net.  We should only see and listen to what our doctor or doctors have to say. I know my doctors have never steered me wrong.

Sorry to poison your thread,, jitter.

Hi jittery,

I was just going from post to post on here and ran into your question about the gallbladder surgery...I have a book called "The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush" by Andres Moritz and I will just quote from the book in the hopes this helps. An interesting point the author made was that certain pharmacological drugs could be the cause of gallstones (I know you were probably wondering if they were Benzo related). Among them being Hormone Replacement Therapy AND Birth Control Pills.

"The risk of developing gallstones is four times higher among wome than among men. It is especially pronounced among women who have used or use birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy. According to medical research , oral contraceptives and other estrogens double a woman's chance of developing gallstones. The female hormone, estrogen, whic his contained in contraceptive pills and hormone replacements, increases bile cholestrerol and decreases gallbladder contraction. Therefore, this estrogen-effect may be responsible for not only causing gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. (95)"

Now something about the surgery and other treatments such as shockwaves and drugs to dissolve the gallstones: "None of the above procedures addresses the cause of gallbladder disease. In fact, they all contribute to further disruption of the digestive and eliminative processes of the body. The short lived relief that a patient may experience after his gallbladder has been removed may mislead the patient to believe that he has been cured. Many others continue to experience the same pain they had when they still had when they still had their gallbladder. The continued and often worsened impairment of proper bile secretion by the liver may lead to the development of far more serious health problems than just gallbladder disease. (109)"..now that is not quoted in order to scare you but to let you know the risks.

The author then mentions "a simple procedure that painlessly, safely, and effectively removes not only the few gallstones in the gallbladder, but also, and most importantly, the hundreds and thousands of gallstones in the liver. It is extremely unfortunate that millions of people have had their gallbladder removed unnecessarily...(109)"

When i began to first experience tolerance withdrawal about a year ago I didnt attribute it to the drugs (the Benzos) and thought it might have something to do with my gallbladder..at the time I was experiencing alot of GI issues with a feeling of having trapped wind in my stomach...I did the flush twice

I think i followed the instructions in this video (this was before I bought this book..i have a large library of natural medicine in my home); I know this might sound gross but when I pooped I had hundreds of what appeared to be rocks..some as big as a dime and all of them slime green! I didnt know if it was just the olive oil going through my system and I felt very nauseaous from the combination of epsom salt and olive oil but the author points out again that this is only one night of discomfort; in contrast, too weeks or months recovering from conventional gallbladder surgery. I hope this helps...any other questions I will see if I can find them in the book

mtnhigh

Carlos

You're exactly correct!  None of use should listen to anything people here have to say. Ignore everything we've read or seen on the net.  We should only see and listen to what our doctor or doctors have to say. I know my doctors have never steered me wrong.

Sorry to poison your thread,, jitter.

Yes and don't read too much, think too much or question.  :yippee:

Hey Jittery

If your gallbladder is infected and inflamed, and your doctor wants it out, I don't even think you should be considering NOT doing it.

Infection and inflammation can affect the surrounding organs like the pancreas... and then it can get even more serious.

This is just my opinion, but you are well informed and are able to plan with your doctor what meds you can and cannot take.  By avoiding benzos and quinolones, you should be just fine.  And even then, I'm sure you know that Prof. Ashton even says in her manual, that a one-time dose of benzos for surgery (which is sometimes necessary), is ok.

I am not a pro-gallbladder removal enthusiast here  :laugh:  Trust me, if it could be avoided I'm all for it too.  But sometimes we just have no choice. If it's making us sick, we have to do it.  I'm sure when it's all over, your tummy will feel much better.

Did you get my PM by the way?

Hey Jittery

If your gallbladder is infected and inflamed, and your doctor wants it out, I don't even think you should be considering NOT doing it.

Infection and inflammation can affect the surrounding organs like the pancreas... and then it can get even more serious.

This is just my opinion, but you are well informed and are able to plan with your doctor what meds you can and cannot take.  By avoiding benzos and quinolones, you should be just fine.  And even then, I'm sure you know that Prof. Ashton even says in her manual, that a one-time dose of benzos for surgery (which is sometimes necessary), is ok.

I am not a pro-gallbladder removal enthusiast here  :laugh:  Trust me, if it could be avoided I'm all for it too.  But sometimes we just have no choice. If it's making us sick, we have to do it.  I'm sure when it's all over, your tummy will feel much better.

Did you get my PM by the way?

I completely agree.

Feel better hun

Angel xx

Archived