Anyone taper Quetiapine ?

[Se...]

Hi there

I am taking 12 mg of quetiapine at night,  9 months ago after finish Clonazepam and want to leave it now. Could anybody tell my the experience with this process...... tks

That's seroquel right? I don't know, I personally found it very very hard to get off of after being on high doses for years. I had no problem reducing the dose, but I'm still on 75 mg. I tapered too fast and got sooooo sick. Itching, horrible itching and insomnia. Nausea. It was significantly worse than benzo withdrawal for me, honestly. I may try it again in the future but idk.

I was on Seroquel for about a month or so and tapered by taking the lowest dose every night (for a week) and then the lowest dose every other night (for a week).  I then stopped.  I will mention, though, that I was on Paxil and Doxepin at the same time, so I didn't really have any major w/d effects.

At any rate, the taper above was what my doctor suggested and it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

fg

Thanks a lot for your commens. I am tapering off in a slowly way but it seems that I wont have a problems with that low dose. What I have found is that I feel so week when I take the dose, despite it was sent for sleeping. So that's why I am quitting because when I didn't take it perhaps I don't have much sleep, but the next day I don't feel this weakness. I am almost taking the last pill in my process and maybe that it is the reason why I don't sleep to much big anxiety I guess..........

Archived