nerve pain or what the heck is it

[un...]

ok i've had pain in my chest/ribcage off and on for about 10 years since my idiotic drug years.  I haven't used in 10 years.  I used to use club drugs and had someone play a prank like they were undercover police and I had a severe attack and have had bad pain ever since.

I drank an entire bottal of mylanta once when on drugs and fear that among other things this may have lead to heavy metal toxicity.

About 3 years ago I hurt my back at work and now with withdrawals my back is killing me.  It had been fine before I started my taper. 

Advice anyone?

God I wish I could turn back time but unfortunately I can and have been paying for the last ten years and now paying severely with my benzo wd.

what no replies because of previous drug use? Kind of the treatment I get from the doctor.  Kind of like you deserve this because of what you did.  I can't change my past.  Can only move forward. 

unteagle, so sorry about your pain. I too have had a previous back problem w/ nerve pain. Was a drywall hanger and got bounced off the rocks in Mexico surfing that had me on pain killers. I can say the pain killer w/d is a piece of cake compared to the benzo nightmare. The benzo w/d causes many painful nerve symptoms to be exasperated because of sensitivity. It causes connective tissue problems and you easily tear muscles. I have pain in my back and joints that seem to move around. It seemed for the longest time I couldn't move w/o pulling a muscle or hurting something. makes you feel like you're 103 yo. I can't say for sure if your problems are all benzo related. Maybe get your doc to check it out then you will know. Nobody here looks down on you for any reason just have not had time to chime in. hope you feel better,rstud

thanks rstud.  I'm just frustrated and feeling hopeless.  It's the only major symptom i'm having except some sleeping problems.  But i hurt so bad all over.  don't know what it is. 

Archived