addicted to clonazepam

[in...]

i have been taking clonazepam for 2 years at 2mgs at night as prescribed by my gp. i really wish to stop as i feel its making me dull and drowsey during the day. any advice appreciated.

lis

Hello Ink8290, and welcome to Benzo Buddies!

Many people find they begin to experience unpleasant feelings once on Benzos for awhile and it's often the reason they decide to come off of them.  Tapering slowly off of benzos is the safest way to come off of it.  Most people follow a taper plan where you make 10% cuts to your original dose every couple of weeks or so. 

Please let us know how we can offer advice.  We are all here for support and/or to offer support.  It's a great place where people understand how you feel.  Some of us are now off of Benzos and are either healed 100% or continuing to heal. 

All the best and take care,

Schatje

Welcome!

It's called the Benzo fog. I had no emotions at all. The good news is you will be yourself after you are Benzo free. Make sure you do a slow taper. You will be getting a lot of advise on this site. Also, you can read a lot of posts and other information on this site that will be very helpful.

Hi Ink!  Welcome to BB's.  I too am in the process of tapering off clonazepam and I understand the "fog" all too well unfortunately.  I do now have windows where it is lifting as I taper less and less so there is hope!  I have found huge amounts of help on here and support.  I had no clue even where to begin or what to do.  You CAN do this!  I wish you all the hope, help, courage, willingness, and support you may need in your journey.  Many blessings.............Jen

Hi Ink,

Welcome to this wonderful site filled with caring people willing to help others on their journey to become benzo free.  I was on clonazepam as well and ended up crossing over to valium for part of my taper.  We each have to find the method that works best for ourselves.  It can a difficult journey but the rewards are so great.

Hugs,

pianogirl  :smitten: