Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Birth control

[fa...]

I have a rough time when I hit the placebo pill for bc.  Wondering if anyone else went off, or tapered bc in wd

• 1 month later...
[mo...]

I’m really curious about this as well. Due to other issues, I’d like to discontinue my birth control. But I don’t want it to affect my taper or make too many changes to my body at once.

[fa...]
On 20/07/2024 at 13:11, [[m...] said:

I’m really curious about this as well. Due to other issues, I’d like to discontinue my birth control. But I don’t want it to affect my taper or make too many changes to my body at once.

I'm having the same issue. I can't even go the placebo week

[Fa...]

It is not advisable to discontinue BCP's while tapering.  That goes for HRT as well.  It is advisable to wait until after you have come off the drug and have healed before you attempt to discontinue it.  Many women have experienced acute symptoms as a result of having done this and have had to reinstate the pill in order to stabilize.  It has to do with the progesterone and how it affects the same receptors.  I do not know more than this, but I wanted to respond in order for you to look into this further before you make any decisions.

• Like 1