Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency Ɨ
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! Ɨ
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More aboutĀ donationsĀ here.

Probiotics for constipation/ benzo belly. Are they safe in withdrawal??

[Bi...]

An I safe using them please? I'm 17.5 months since CT.Ā 

My stomach so bloated, constipated, if I eat I get terrible nausea.

Help help please šŸ˜­

[Ma...]

Research ā€˜Smidgeā€™ probiotics. They are natural without additives and come in a form for ā€˜sensitiveā€™ people.

[Ma...]
7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Help help please šŸ˜­

I understand what your going through. Benzo withdrawal will affect our gut. I'm dealing with bad gut issues like you. Theirs no immediate cure, its a long process the body has to do its healing. We just have to find ways to make it comfortable. I use heating pad, very cold compress, alot resting & laying down, changing up diet, small meals.Ā 

[Kr...]
7 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Research ā€˜Smidgeā€™ probiotics. They are natural without additives and come in a form for ā€˜sensitiveā€™ people.

Oh yes, Smidge, very good. Also renew brand.

Ā 

[Cr...]
10 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Help help please šŸ˜­

From what people are saying it should be safe. I had stuff like Kefir during and after withdrawal. I assume when you ask about 'safety' you are refering to having a setback? Safe doesn't mean you won't experience any digestive issues while taking them. You might experience further bloating initially along with some other symptoms but your overall gut health may improve from there.

[Le...]

go high fiber. good for both issues. little or too much ā€œmovementā€.Ā 

[Bu...]

@[Bi...],Ā  I take Florajen Digestion probiotics.Ā  I open them and mix them in a tablespoon of applesauce andĀ  they work great for me.Ā  You can also just try a little bit at a time, not the whole pill.

[or...]

@[Bi...]Ā I started a probiotic in w/d called Jarrodophilus (buy at Amazon). It was really helpful. I still use it. For digestive issues (nausea, bloating)Ā  I used and still use Ginger gummies. Also bought from Amazon. Ginger gummies work just as well as Zofran for nausea. If you're constipated, maybe use a bit of magnesium citrate. Perhaps 100 mg. You can buy them in gummie form. Be sure to drink lots of water . . . that really helps ward off constipation. Benzos do a number on our gut, don't they?Ā  :tickedoff:Ā The gift that keeps on giving, someone said. I hope you feel better.

Katz