Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How was your Final Cut ?

[An...]

I am no where near the end but I am petrified of my last cut since my taper cuts are so bad? Do you mind sharing your experience with your Final Cut ? Was it much harder than your taper? 

[En...]
4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I am no where near the end but I am petrified of my last cut since my taper cuts are so bad? Do you mind sharing your experience with your Final Cut ? Was it much harder than your taper? 

I am nearing the end of my taper and noticed the last little bit is more challenging. I had to slow my taper down to cope with my symptoms better. It was disappointing because I thought I would be done sooner. That is just my experience  

[An...]
21 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I am nearing the end of my taper and noticed the last little bit is more challenging. I had to slow my taper down to cope with my symptoms better. It was disappointing because I thought I would be done sooner. That is just my experience  

I wonder how the last cut will be if this is so hard it’s so scary sorry your suffering 

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I wonder how the last cut will be if this is so hard it’s so scary sorry your suffering 

That is a very good question. I wonder that myself. That's why I am doing the ending so slowly in Hope's to adjust without suffering too bad. 

Too bad no one responded to this I was watching to see myself.

We will get through this. We will succeed. 

[in...]

I'm 12 days out so the meds are out of my system. What happens basically is your feeling start showing, and you might get scared knowing "wow, I'll have to do this without benzos!". You're going to have to figure out how to face your anxiety and your fears. It's not easy but it has to be done! Sooner or later. You got this! I believe in you!

• Wow 1

[An...]
On 19/06/2024 at 21:45, [[E...] said:

That is a very good question. I wonder that myself. That's why I am doing the ending so slowly in Hope's to adjust without suffering too bad. 

Too bad no one responded to this I was watching to see myself.

We will get through this. We will succeed. 

I know I really want to hear stories 

[Cr...]
13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I know I really want to hear stories 

If you read 9 good stories and 1 bad story, which one would you mostly focus on and come to mind as you got closer to the end? ::)

Withdrawal tends to cause anxiety. And anxious minds are more susceptible to believing in the worst outcomes. My point is that since you didn't ask specifically for only good outcomes, the stories may be pretty mixed. If 9 people said no problems at all when they jumped, but 1 said that their teeth all fell out the day after, would you feel any less anxious even with the odds being in your favor for a good outcome?

I am being facetious of course. There are several instances where people actually did better once off of benzos than they did while tapering. For others, the last dose can feel no different from any previous cut. And for people that jump from a dose that was still too high relatively speaking, they felt an increase in symptoms.

For many there can be a psychological aspect to taking that last dose. It may cause anticipatory anxiety which can cause psychosomatic symptoms. If you try not to dwell on it, you can least ensure that it won't be made any worse.

• Love 1

[je...]

My last cut felt exactly the same as the previous 3 months. No difference. I was functional throughout my taper and felt no difference when I jumped.

[An...]
10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

If you read 9 good stories and 1 bad story, which one would you mostly focus on and come to mind as you got closer to the end? ::)

Withdrawal tends to cause anxiety. And anxious minds are more susceptible to believing in the worst outcomes. My point is that since you didn't ask specifically for only good outcomes, the stories may be pretty mixed. If 9 people said no problems at all when they jumped, but 1 said their teeth all fell out the day after, would you feel any less anxious with the odds being in favor of a good outcome?

I am being facetious of course. There are several instances where people actually did better once off of benzos than they did while tapering. For others, the last dose can feel no different from any previous cut. And for people that jump from a dose that was still too high relatively speaking, they felt an increase in symptoms.

For many there can be a psychological aspect to taking that last dose. It may cause anticipatory anxiety which can cause psychosomatic symptoms. If you try not to dwell on it, you can least ensure that it won't be made any worse.

To be honest I’m sure there are many good stories but I don’t think they’ll be on here unfortunately. My brother come off Xanax in prison cold turkey, he said it lasted 2 months worst of it. Would be nice