Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Just starting my 12 month and head symptoms worse than ever

[WU...]
11 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Have you tried or are you on any other meds?

Nope, wouldn't take another pill of any kind if you paid me. I won't take any kind of painkiller or even vitamin supplements, mostly synthetic and made in a lab so hardly a natural product. All pills are off my radar from now on. It is awful feeling like this, just plodding on each day with terrible symptoms.  What can we do except wait and try to keep ourselves as calm as we can while our nervous system heals. It is not easy and there are no short cuts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

[fa...]
1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

Nope, wouldn't take another pill of any kind if you paid me. I won't take any kind of painkiller or even vitamin supplements, mostly synthetic and made in a lab so hardly a natural product. All pills are off my radar from now on. It is awful feeling like this, just plodding on each day with terrible symptoms.  What can we do except wait and try to keep ourselves as calm as we can while our nervous system heals. It is not easy and there are no short cuts.

That's where I am at too.  

• Like 2

[Mo...]

I am 10 months into diazepam taper. I went from 40 mg a day to 10 mg and made the mistake of going up to 12 when the symptoms stayed with me. Now my muscle spasms are everywhere, including my face, my eyelids, jaw clenching and bad abdominal cramping that led to the dreaded benzo belly 

I don’t have anybody to help me since I live alone and there’s no family around

my friends are either doubting my symptoms, or have compassion fatigue. 
I also have recently been dropped by the psychiatrist treated me because I didn’t meet his deadline

So now I need to look for a new one, but the old one has canceled all prescriptions which has left me high and dry

I am really hating life right now

23 hours ago, [[W...] said:

By progress I assume you mean improvement and the simple answer is no. Now at 15.5 months and my head is as bad as ever. Squeezing really hard deep inside the head, as well as cheeks, jaw, behind nose, under eyes, deep inside the ear, but only on the right side.  The left side is fine, how weird is that? All accompanied by buzzing which goes down the whole length of the spine. Generally have a sick feeling and very tired as well as balance issues. 

I try to do stuff around the house, cleaning, fixing small things etc. Otherwise I am only doing simple exercises which I have only just started. Really subtle, slow, almost imperceptible movements. These are Feldenkrais methods designed to retrain the nervous system. Whether this is effective on our nervous systems, given we have been injured by prescription drugs is yet to be seen but I can't see it does any harm. I think "less is more" in our situation and I definitely do not agree with "pushing through" when our tired and exhausted nervous system is still trying to recover.

There are several good Feldenkrais lessons on YT. One of my favourites is "Feldenkrais Access" channel . The lesson is called "Rotating Hands to restore your nervous system". There are a several other free lessons on this channel. He has a very soothing voice which helps. Interestingly someone wrote this in the comments below !

"I am amazed at how much that helped me. I'm struggling with a very sensitized nervous system, following years of psychiatric drug tapering and withdrawal. The benzo taper was especially horrific and I get these horrible days still, where I'm burning and in pain and crying and freaking out, even wanting to kill myself. Today has been off the charts bad. I just did this video and it calmed me right down, at least for the moment. I'm calmer and cooler and much more regulated. Thank you so much

WU WEI, my right side, including the ear, is still one of my concerns too as well as back head muscle clicking. Sure better in general and yet. 

Just saying hello to you and wishing healing!

[Pi...]

Hi guys: hit the 2 year CT mark yesterday. I'm not going to say some things haven't gotten getter. That being said major fatigue is still on going. Muscles are a little better. Benzo belly is a major issue but seems to be improving slightly. Fear of everything is off the charts way worse than early on which is making it almost impossible to get back to life and night terror at 4 AM is still bad. I haven't seen any doctors in a long time for 2 reasons. I have too much anxiety to do it and why would I listen to their advice anyway. I been screwed for the last time with their pills and misinformation. As George Carlin said "It's a big club and your not in it"  My wife is checking out a functional doctor next week. We'll see how that goes. 

[WU...]
47 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

checking out a functional doctor next week

Hi Pinster, sorry its still rough for you at 2 years. 

Let us know if anything interesting comes out of the functional doctor. 

[So...]

Also here around the same time off, 11 months today for me.  Got hit with a huuuuge wave a month ago & it still hasn't let up.  This is one of my symptoms.  Perhaps it is common to have a big pickup of symptoms around this time.

Do you see a correlation w mental symptoms & head pressure or no? 

Stay strong things will die down again, I believe that 🙏

As for me, I don't see any correlation between head pressure and mental symptoms apart from the fact that the head and other muscle pressure&pain is much easier to put up with now when my mental symptoms are gone. I'm 14+ months off benzo.

• Like 1

[WU...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Do you see a correlation w mental symptoms & head pressure

Pain and emotions, or mental symptoms, are inextricably linked. If we hadn't been injured by these drugs then calming techniques would certainly help alleviate the pain. Unfortunately we have to wait until our brain repairs itself. It is excruciating but I do try to be neutral. It is not easy and I often crack into crying and despair but I think its probably necessary to go through all these emotions, ones which we have suppressed by taking these drugs. Its torture, that is for sure.

[So...]

Yes, i believe it is all part of the process.  A super long process none of us asked for- but the process none the less.  I always tell myself every day I'm not taking klonopin is a day closer to freedom, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes ❤️

• Like 3

[So...]

@[...] yes I agree everything is much easier when I feel better in my head.  I only asked bcuz I wasn't having head pressure for awhile and I also felt a lot better mentally. Now I am having both.

I think I just pissed my nervous system off again tho, somehow.  Or a bad wave.  Good to hear you are doing better at 14 months 😊  I've always felt this could take awhile for me bcuz CT and being on 7 years.

• Like 1