Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

@[Ch...], we’re helping all we can but we’re only an online support group, there is only so much we can do and we’re doing all we’re capable of for you.

Please reach out to people in your real life, your daughter, your friend, your community resources, even your employer.  I’m sure a major company has resources for it’s employees facing a crisis, policies that can protect your job while you deal with them. 

We’re here for you, please help us help you by seeking real life support as well. 

• Love 1

@[Ch...] Identifying needed supports and building a support system before starting a taper increase the likelihood of success.  In addition to the suggestions @[Pa...] has provided, here are two resources from The Withdrawal Project you might find helpful:

Supports that People Sometimes Find Helpful for the Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Journey

Building a Support System

• Like 1

My daughter does not want to deal with me. My family is in Canada. My employee not sure what to tell them. I a nurse executive. My friend is coming soon. My psychiatrist wants to start me on lamictal. I read the side effects and special pamphlets and scary. I need a new psychiatrist can’t find one. Have you heard of that medication. 

I can see the medication tolerance is causing you to think in catastrophic terms, this is what it does, it makes us feel all is lost but it’s not and with planning, you can make this work.  

You sound very capable in your job, your company obviously trusts you, it would be a good idea to research their policy concerning this type of situation.

I had to go to my employer to let them know I was in trouble, I told them I was going to rehab and I did but I walked out the same day when I realized what they had in store for me. I told my employer I’d left and while they weren’t happy with that, they still welcomed me back when I returned to work.  I had to use my personal leave, do you have any?

Also, did you read the information @[Li...] provided, its important you help yourself instead of giving in to the negative thoughts. 

I don’t even qualify for FMLA. How do I explain that to my employer. Should I go to detox and get rid of this?  

Edited by [Ch...]
Error.

If you don’t qualify for FMLA, has your research indicated your company would protect your job if you had a substance abuse problem and sought treatment? 

Detox will get you safely off the drug and possibly put on some comfort meds which may or may not help but you’d still be in an incredible amount of discomfort upon release.  As I mentioned, I was able to return to work 3 weeks after my cold turkey so it’s possible. 

Good point Pam. My company had something like this but I don't remember what it was called. I would contact HR if you are unsure. Plus, you are not taking any illegal drugs but drugs prescribed to you legally by a licensed medical doctor.

Chantal, do you have an employee benefits handbook? Exactly how long have you been working for this Company now? Do you have any savings you could live on for a little while?

Edited by [An...]
grammar correction

I just started in April. There is no medical leave for a year and only 12 weeks. I have a little bit of savings but with rent and other bills won’t last long. I have an executive job requiring making decisions. I can’t mess up. I need to work I am alone and with all the health issues I need insurance. I am alone. I have to pay my daughter to bring me for my catatact consult 250 dollars. That is the support I have. I would need to resign or they will let me go.

What happened? Why didn't he put the order in for refills? Is this done electronically by the doctor or his staff? You should be able to contact the office on Monday. Do you have enough Klonopin until then?

If you are completely out of tablets, here’s a worst case scenario for your consideration …

Go to the nearest emergency room.  Explain what’s happened and ask them to look up the official FDA drug label for clonazepam on DailyMed. The Black Box Warning states:

Abrupt discontinuation or rapid dosage reduction of clonazepam tablets after continued use may precipitate acute withdrawal reactions, which can be life-threatening. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have enough for 6 days. My company has a no drug policy in effect. My position is pretty high in the company with a lot of responsibilities.  I am having some bad thoughts I am scared. My friend is coming in a few weeks. I have to say no to an assignment at work that I can’t physically do. I will be terminated I am sure. No insurance for doctor and meds no insurance for surgery no paycheck to survive . I am in a room in Texas in bed crying uncontrollably. I am having jolt of electrical shock right side of my head and sweating right now. @[Pa...] @[An...] @[Li...]

Your job sounds pretty stressful. It also sounds like you have to travel a lot. Did you know what this job entailed before you took it? Was your prior job similar? Stress is the last thing you want in your life when you are trying to w/d from benzos or if you are not trying to w/d and tolerance is slowly starting to creep in.

25 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

No I did not and my previous position after 26 years was eliminated. Do you think my tolerance was caused by the stress?  

Possibly from the stress......were you doing ok before your job of 26 years was eliminated?

Pros for detox:

You’ll be safely taken off the drug, you’ll have access to comfort medications which may or may not help you function once you’re released. 

Cons for detox:

Expensive unless insurance pays, time off work with or without pay, more intense symptoms from rapid withdrawal.