Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

https://benzo.alwaysdata.net/
I use this site to do my calculations. You would click on direct taper. You may need some help putting in the numbers but it creates a schedule for you. It does a daily schedule as if you are micro tapering but all you do is you look at every 14 days on the schedule and that’s what you cut to. You set your percentage you want to do and it does all the math for you all the way downand even helps you if you were dosing several times per day. It is extremely helpful and I’ve used it for two years. 

Where? 

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

When do you take your next 1.9 mg dose of Klonopin? I know you take it all at once. Do you take it right bf bedtime?

Bedtime. 

Don't feel bad Chantal. I have done my share of hiding over the years from ppl too while in the throes of benzo w/d. Chantal, when did the klonopin start to lose its effectiveness for you and you started to consider this drug is making me sicker and I need to try to find a way to get off and see if I feel better?

In April of this year. 

When do you take your next 1.9 mg dose of Klonopin? I know you take it all at once. Do you take it right bf bedtime?

Tonight if I start water how do I do it since i am at 1.9 mg. 

I just want this to work. I was told I should go to a water taper now. I drop my dose to 1.9 mg. Where do I start now. Been tapering fir a week. Do I start back at 2 mg. Also asking @[An...]

17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I just want this to work. I was told I should go to a water taper now. I drop my dose to 1.9 mg. Where do I start now. Been tapering fir a week. Do I start back at 2 mg. Also asking @[An...]

There is really no perfect taper. Who advised you to use a water taper plan? Many people can taper using a dry cut method. I read you have purchased a scale, that’s good. Additionally, you have only been tapering for a week. It’s best to wait 10-14 days to reduce again. That will give you time to work on a slow and sensible plan. You can do this!

@[Ch...] just go to the website I included in my post and it does the math for you. You just have to put your current dose and the weight of 10 pills so just take the weight of your entire pill and multiply at times 10. It doesn’t have to be 10 pills. And then you just put your dosing that you do and a 5% reduction every 14 days and it does all of the math. It is so easy it’s probably easier to use on a computer but you can probably do it on your phone.

46 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

There is really no perfect taper. Who advised you to use a water taper plan? Many people can taper using a dry cut method. I read you have purchased a scale, that’s good. Additionally, you have only been tapering for a week. It’s best to wait 10-14 days to reduce again. That will give you time to work on a slow and sensible plan. You can do this!

On benzo warrior say easier. I don’t understand the math and I need to. No one can explain in a way I understand. If I don’t understand I can make mistakes. I have been tapering all week. First cut is easy. It is after I need to understand in order not to injure myself 

12 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Do you think a water taper is easier for you math wise?

I still would not be able to tell you how many mg I am taking. 

1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

I need to understand how to calculate the removal of 5 percent and the understanding of how many mg I am on when I reduce  if I don’t understand that I will hurt myself Someone sent me a chart but I don’t understand the math to it  First cut is easy to understand but after that first cut I don’t understand the mg  

@[Wi...] can you explain to me how you determine the mg after you make a cut. You explain to me how to do 5 or 10 percent cut on the weight of the pill. How do you determine the dose you are one. Please help me understand 

If you cut 5% off 2mg you are now at 1.9mg. You need to now remove 5% from the 1.9mg so it will be a slightly lesser actual amount removed since you are starting with a slightly smaller dose. Use this and enter 1.9 in the INITIAL VALUE field, then skip down to DECREASE and enter 5%. The final value will be what you want to use, you can round up if needed. Of course you need to do pill weight to make this work so instead of mg you would use pill weight. If you are using Teva or Accord it is likely close to .172g in weight of the pill unless your doses are different.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/percentage-decrease

I know your brain is fried, but this is not hard, especially with this calculator. It is very simple once it clicks. You just need to cut each time based on your calculations and hold that on average for 10-14 days but feel it out. You just need to make sure you are recording the weight of the pill in your calculations, not just the mg of Klonopin. So if we assume the weight of my pill is .172mg for a full pill which for me is a whole 0.5mg pill, here's how it would look:

0.5mg dose = .172g pill weight

----5% reduction

.475mg dose = .163g pill weight

I entered the pill weight into the calculator since you can't measure the actual K ingredient, you have to measure the pill itself which includes fillers also. Next time I cut I would enter .163 as the starting weight and do 5% of that and it will bring me to .155g. This is NOT hard Chantal, you need to push yourself. If you can drive a car across state to work, your brain is working enough to do this, even if you're scared.

Edited by [mi...]

8 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

If you cut 5% off 2mg you are now at 1.9mg. You need to now remove 5% from the 1.9mg so it will be a slightly lesser actual amount removed since you are starting with a slightly smaller dose. Use this and enter 1.9 in the INITIAL VALUE field, then skip down to DECREASE and enter 5%. The final value will be what you want to use, you can round up if needed. Of course you need to do pill weight to make this work so instead of mg you would use pill weight. If you are using Teva or Accord it is likely close to .172g in weight of the pill.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/percentage-decrease

I know your brain is fried, but this is not hard, especially with this calculator. It is very simple once it clicks. You just need to cut each time based on your calculations and hold that on average for 10-14 days but feel it out.

What do I for next cut? What weight do I use and how do I know how many mg I am taking. 

Chantal, this is not hard. How did you cut 5%, what pill weights did you use. How did you arrive at 1.9mg. Did you just guess?

Edited by [mi...]

30 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

can you explain to me how you determine the mg after you make a cut. You explain to me how to do 5 or 10 percent cut on the weight of the pill. How do you determine the dose you are one. Please help me understand 

The only pertinent information for the purposes of dry tapering with a scale is the weight of your tablets.  If you wish to know the approximate equivalency of active ingredient you are ingesting at each stage you can use the laws of cross multiplication to get your answer - or just feel free to reach out on your thread to ask the question if interested at each stage.

How did you determine you had reduced to 1.9mg from 2mg?

Chantal, it's this simple, take your total dose and put it on the scale and weigh it. Do it a few times to make sure the scale settles. That is your starting weight, then use the calculator app i sent you and enter the amounts I said to enter, your pill weight and 5%. That should be the weight of your pills to get where you are right now in dose. If it isn't, then you didn't do the first one right. Weigh your dose for tonight and weigh a full dose (like you were taking before you tapered) and tell me what they both are.

5 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

The only pertinent information for the purposes of dry tapering with a scale is the weight of your tablets.  If you wish to know the approximate equivalency of active ingredient you are ingesting at each stage you can use the laws of cross multiplication to get your answer - or just feel free to reach out on your thread to ask the question if interested at each stage.

How did you determine you had reduced to 1.9mg from 2mg?

I don’t remember. Was it correct? 

Is it easier to do water taper? I had prepared my dose for this week luckily I brought my scale I am stuck in the middle of nowhere. My car broke down. I also have what I need for water taper. I just want to be safe. 

Just now, [[m...] said:

Chantal, go weigh a full dose and then weigh the dose you have prepared for tonight and tell me what they both are on your scale.

I already took my dose for tonight. 

I need you to focus, there are 474 posts on this thread, half of them saying you are confused and scared. You HAVE to focus, this is not hard. You can drive and operate a vehicle and can type on here so your brain works. This isn't hard. What is a dose of a full pill?

Edited by [mi...]