Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I’m sorry you’ve given up @[Ch...], the horror stories don’t have to be yours but it looks like you’ve already decided they will be.  I wish you the best. 

I am still tapering @[Pa...] and @[An...]  I am just scared and nit feeling good from the tolerance. Please don’t give up on me. 

I have not given up @[Pa...]and @[An...]  I just feel so bad. I am assuming it is from the withdrawal. I have been tapering since Sunday. I am just so scared. Please don’t let me go. I need your help. I don’t have a supportive provider I can’t do this without you. Everyone left me. Please don’t leave me. 

@[Ch...]

Dear Chantal,

we won‘t leave you! You are not alone, we are all here with you. I am bedridden since 11 months and not functioning. And I tell you from the other side of the world (Germany): I won‘t leave you alone! Even if I‘m bedridden, are not able to wash myself and going through unbearable symptoms every day! I am here and you are not alone!

A lot of hugs :hug:

• Like 2

Hi @[Ch...], I want to see you succeed but succeeding requires a can do attitude, a determination to beat the odds and confidence in yourself to accomplish what you set out to do.

You have the power to help yourself, but you’re not utilizing your power, you’re letting the drug beat you down keeping you hopeless and afraid. You have so many people in your corner here, so many dropping by many times a day to cheer you on but it gets harder and harder to do when we don’t see you fighting for you as hard as we are.

@[An...] is right, I was employing some tough love and I know it makes me look like an ogre, like I’m kicking you when you’re down but I and maybe others as well need you to fight for yourself like we’re fighting for you.  I hope you’ll do your best to change I CAN’T INTO I CAN, because believing you can will get you where you want to be. 

• Like 2

I understand and I am trying very hard. I have been through a lot in past 2 years and this hits me. The fear is coming from no support no family. I am on day 4 of my taper. I am not feeling too well has to be the tolerance. This is not the place to discuss my personal life but s lot in 2 years and continues again today. I just hood I have enough medication to get me out of this new crisis. Thank you for everything. 

5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am still tapering @[Pa...] and @[An...]  I am just scared and nit feeling good from the tolerance. Please don’t give up on me. 

I know Chantal. No matter what happens, I am still your benzobuddie. Pam is right. We all want you to succeed and feel better. I have failed so many times but I feel super optimistic this time despite all my past failures. Whenever you need me if only to vent, you can always PM me or post to me in the open forum. I know the hell ppl go through trying to get off this stuff. In fact, all your benzobuddies do. I know you don't have a supportive doctor. I also realize you are trying to taper and work at the same time which is a super hard thing to do. I am happy to hear you have started to take some baby taper steps. This is really hard when you feel so damn bad and have not even started your taper yet. I think you also know that you are tolerant and inaction to taper will only lead to further tolerance and overall deterioration in SXs and health and wellness.

Thank you. I am pretty stressed now. My car broke down while I am away from home and because of a strike no parts to fix able to be found. I have my k with me but not sure if I will have enough. Very stressful. I have no strategy yet. 

Can I try to do a big cut since I am at the beginning. The 0.1 mg for 14 days will take forever. I also have really bad constipation or lack of BM for weeks sometimes. Even with laxatives. 

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Can I try to do a big cut since I am at the beginning. The 0.1 mg for 14 days will take forever. I also have really bad constipation or lack of BM for weeks sometimes. Even with laxatives. 

Chantal, what is your diet like? I also had a problem with constipation. Drinking 8 glasses of water per day and adding a fiber supplement I bought from Amazon helped me tremendously.  I also give this to my mother and it helped her.

For your consideration 👇

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013OW2KS/?coliid=I20V0NTYKV1V4S&colid=14R0QHDRMBCH&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

*I only take two per day.

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Refresh my memory. How much K are you tapering from? Is it 2 mgs?

Edited by [An...]
grammar correction

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I also have really bad constipation or lack of BM for weeks sometimes. Even with laxatives. 

You’ve indicated you take 0.1mg of clonidine at night.  Are you aware that constipation is listed as a frequent adverse reaction to this medication as well as dry mouth?  See the Adverse Reactions section of the FDA Drug Label from one of the manufacturers below.

You might want you talk your doctor about the above.  Also, please note that clonidine should not be stopped abruptly (i.e. it should be gradually tapered).

DailyMed - CLONIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet (Actavis Pharma)
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=a842ab83-3531-44dd-a8a8-64dd89e87026&audience=consumer

@[Ch...] I take a stool softener Publix brand once a day for the last two years and even with my recent benzo belly I go to the bathroom every day usually without a problem. It’s been a GameChanger for me. 

7 hours ago, [[L...] said:

You’ve indicated you take 0.1mg of clonidine at night.  Are you aware that constipation is listed as a frequent adverse reaction to this medication as well as dry mouth?  See the Adverse Reactions section of the FDA Drug Label from one of the manufacturers below.

You might want you talk your doctor about the above.  Also, please note that clonidine should not be stopped abruptly (i.e. it should be gradually tapered).

DailyMed - CLONIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet (Actavis Pharma)
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=a842ab83-3531-44dd-a8a8-64dd89e87026&audience=consumer

Now I am scared. Another thing to taper. But it makes me sleep. Is propranolol better?  I am having teeth issues also. I can’t see my root on my front teeth and I have a veneer on top of it. It is painful and no one knows what to do. 

5 hours ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ch...] I take a stool softener Publix brand once a day for the last two years and even with my recent benzo belly I go to the bathroom every day usually without a problem. It’s been a GameChanger for me. 

What kind? 

Docusate Sodium 100mg, publix brand. It's non stimulant but it has worked well for me. Everyone is different. I've been on it for two years with no problems. I used to take 3 per day when I was on other constipating drugs as well such as antihistamines, but i only need one now to go daily. I've tried skipping in the past and it was a bad idea. It works for me well.

22 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Just a suggestion - my wife has similar issue and takes this - I think its natural.  Keep the faith in time all heals 

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/senokot.html

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I have a question. I just started to taper and only 0.1 mg. Sunday will be 7 days. I feel bad. Is it because I am in tolerance 

How bad do you feel now compared to 7 days ago before the small reduction? Weren't you still feeling bad?

On 08/11/2023 at 18:13, [[C...] said:

I understand and I am trying very hard. I have been through a lot in past 2 years and this hits me. The fear is coming from no support no family. I am on day 4 of my taper. I am not feeling too well has to be the tolerance. This is not the place to discuss my personal life but s lot in 2 years and continues again today. I just hood I have enough medication to get me out of this new crisis. Thank you for everything. 

I can tell you’re a survivor @[Ch...], you’ve faced some substantial challenges in the last few years and still are but you’re still here and you’re still fighting for yourself and the life you want to have.  

You have a good job and I can see you’re trusted with a lot of responsibility so you’ve been doing something right.  I believe you can muster the strength you need to get this done, I promise you’re going to love being free of this medication, it’s a rough ride getting there but that just makes success that much sweeter. 

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

bad?

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

How bad do you feel now compared to 7 days ago before the small reduction? Weren't you still feeling bad?

I feel shaky inside headache. Is it because I am in tolerance. If that is the case I will be in misery the rest of my taper. 

5% of 2 mgs = .05 X2 = .1 mg every 2 weeks. 2 / .1 = 20 cuts. 20 cuts X 2 weeks = 40 weeks. 40 weeks / 52 weeks per year = .77 years. .77 years  X 12 months per year = approx 9 months. This assumes you are always making .1 mg cuts. (5% of the starting dose). Essentially, this is dividing your 2 mg tablets up into 20 pieces and removing one piece every 14 days. If you are doing 5% of the remaining dose, this should take longer.  Seems like there was a math guy here named Bob I think who created a calculator or spreadsheet somewhere but I can't find it. Maybe, Pam or someone else can post a link.

Please, anyone, correct me if my math is wrong.

Please note, .1 mgs of K = 2 mgs of valium. This may be too much for you, IDK. With the scale you are using, can you cut things in half and extend the time to 18 months? This seems like a more realistic w/d timeline.

• Like 1